the Rift

[OPEN] We fly as high as the flame will rise

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

Shattered in her sanctuary she had lain, then. That was before he had broken through the mist; had her fortress shattered, too. And yet.. A savior. Back then, he was the one who had pulled her back into the light, saved her from something she had not wanted to become — and even now it was still picking her insides like a lost rat: Guilt and the agitation for the abduction of her pride. 

I want it back — I want it all. Hatred was a big word, just like despise, but nevertheless she was that selfish. And that was how she figured; Only through the support of these azure pillars she could stand with what was left of that stolen dignity... and with the help of a turquoise tongue, she could deny what was not there.

The berries were as much for the King as for the crownless.

She veiled herself in mist, hid behind her pretty eyes; but there were some parts of her she could not retain. Maren just wasn’t sure anymore how much longer she could handle this, talking to him without showing who she really was. For; so filled with shame she was on the inside of her mortal vulnerability, her fragile soul was so easily taken. 

As he was so lost himself, Mauja took a berry too. However, next thing he started questioning her sense of tasteless humor. Tasteless, because in fact she did feel a strange kind of fear for him, something she only just now admitted to herself —and immediately felt peace with, also. 
Which was weird. Weird in that blue kind of way.

"I don't want to be fearsome anymore," he said.

She frowned in a slightly spastic angle, blinked a couple times to much. She couldn’t help it, her gaze was starting to feel a bit.. washy. “Maybe - if you throw a coin in me I will fulfill your wish.” she mumbled as she harvested another blue berry herself. She remembered to seriously think about his question and looked up to him with a tilted head. “But it would seem you have found a good beginning to a fairy tale,” she then added after thinking a few munches longer. The words had a very positive tune to them, but her voice sounded hazy, as if it was tripping over itself as it was trying to find its way through an seemingly endless fog. 

But Maren had managed to find Mauja's glacier-eyes. And for some really important specific, but unidentified reason she was now watching how the glimmering pupil within the frosted frame melted and ignited into light and sparkles. It turned, it turned and it turned around again — and suddenly his whole eye was the freaking universe. She was there; in a boat, sailing the melting core of the planet Mauja and she was imagining how the atmosphere was turning into his breath; pushing into her sail as the boat started sliding through the water. She was space-pirating his eyeball, in search for new lands. 

Somehow, somewhere within that time-frame, Maren’s nose had traveled to Mauja’s and she realized she had found a new land where their whiskers met. 

Her hazy eyes watched how the moon enkindled them in silver, making them look so long. Yet they were linked, for she could feel the trembling of his breath — feel the wind in her sail —  vibrating through this connection. She only felt the genuine interest in him and the mysterious tickling on her body she suspected was him, because they were the only ones here. Again, Mr. Vowels tripped over his own fancy feet, but she didn’t notice through the pretty blue haze. "If you would not be fearsome, what would you be instead?” And his eye; his eye was still blue and so much closer; the universe so much bigger. It was all there, all the atmospheric fumes, all the layers on layers of the same — but so different taints, of blue. 

She plundered she plundered she plundered, because. She wanted it, she wanted it all. 

Talking

image credits

Notes: ^ this is not an attempt on poetic writing, this is Maren being stoned.  

@Mauja
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
We fly as high as the flame will rise - by Maren - 05-15-2015, 08:43 AM
RE: We fly as high as the flame will rise - by Maren - 09-12-2015, 05:28 AM