the Rift

[OPEN] !! Run Boy Run [Cera]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

She had set off at sunrise - Ettore squawking a warning to Alleo that they would be leaving - and pointing off toward the South, where the Throat hailed. Then, he met back up with Rasta on the way out.

Occasionally, he would flash images across her brain - orienting her in her location and also confirming if someone else was near her. They moved in unison - wings flapping in time with every other canter stride. It was magical, to once again have those eyes - that other mind. It was perfect. But her mind, it was not perfect.

In fact, it was racing. After Alleo, after the meeting. It was all racing, it was all a mess. Alleo had attacked the herd she was living in. She knew he cared about his family but it was just so blatant that she couldn't wrap her mind around it. He loved her, she knew that deep down. But everything was changing so quickly she couldn't figure it out. She would stay with him, that much she knew for certain. Bt, she couldn't do it right then. She needed to get away for the moment, to go back and talk to someone else.

So, she went toward the Throat. She went to check up on Cera, to make sure he was okay. The bronze crown nestled carefully around her ears, Alleo's glass hawk charm tied carefully in her locks. She went to connect with someone who had been just as steady of a rock as Alleo had been. She went to find her own footing - to work through the pile of mess that was thoughts.

She pulled up to the border; vague recognition of Gaucho's island idea being struck as she saw the way the water pooled across the entrance thanks to the flash of imagery from Ettore. Water, lots of water… she mused to herself, before finally standing still and allowing the breeze to brush her locks against her frame. "Cera?" She called out - just once. If anyone came she could actually ask them. But, if per chance Cera was nearby then maybe he would hear and she wouldn't have to ask.

All she knew was that the only thing she really wanted right now was Cera, some of those that she called her own family. She wanted to be around them. She wanted to feel loved, and not confused. And, unfortunately, with Alleo… she felt loved and confused.

@[Cera] <--- I'd prefer it only be Cera, but I understand if your character is on patrol and wants to drop in for just the beginning ;3
Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Autumn wind rustled between golden primaries, where they reached wide to embrace each current in return. Patrol was a simpler task than normal, with the removal of the land bridge. There was less land to cover, and though Cera had been anxious that perhaps someone - or worse, a group - would come demanding Gaucho's head, the seasons had passed without incident or even whisper of dissent. Perhaps the citizens truly held faith in their Gods, even in the revealing of the fact that one of them had killed so many of their mortal kin. It was so far beyond Cera's comprehension that he had lived in fear of Gaucho's safety, for no matter how skilled the Wildfire was, he could still fall to numbers. Yet they never came, and the borders remained empty except all those who sought friends or to kindly break words with the leads. It was a bright spot in a past that was too blackened for Cera to dare to gaze back at. He knew it still lingered in his soul, but he tried every day to burn it away with the Sun's light. Prayed that he would succeed.

You will, Cera. Warmth spread throughout the young stallion's body at the words that resounded calmly, resolutely through his head. Turning to look over one bony shoulder, the youth smiled at her. Ilaria cling tighter to his nape, incapable of patting him fondly on the muzzle as she often did when they were not in flight. She had been his greatest supporter and pillar of strength throughout his life, second only to Gaucho and Midas. And Ranjiri, and...and Hototo. Cera let the grief wash over him, calmly accepted it, acknowledged it, and let it fade away. He was learning. He was growing. In time it would be something he could handle, and though he was unaware of how soon loss would again rock his life, the strides he was taking were something to take pride in even if nobody knew he was doing so.

Gaucho would be proud, Ilaria pointed out softly as Cera's head returned to normal flight position, eyes scouring the watery borders on both sides of the rift. Cera smiled quietly to himself. "I wonder where he has been," the bird murmured to himself, brow drawn close in curiosity as he mused over the potentials. Gaucho was as dear to his heart as Ranjiri, and to see his sister bond with the beast only further filled his heart. Gaucho was family, forever. To have them all connected at last was a dream come true.

A slight form caught the eye, approaching on the sands across the far water's edge. Cera swept down immediately, curling in on his slight frame and swooping towards the water in a strong curve against the wind. As he moved closer, a very quiet voice met his distant ears, and head cocked as it recognized the syllables - well he should, at least. That was his name. But who was it? Ilaria too seemed impossibly curious, and the pair dove farther down, skimming pale hooves across the water's surface. Banking hard left, feathers kissing the liquid in turn as Cera settled delicately on the sand before the mare. The mare he finally could discern, the one he knew. "Rasta!" he chirped, running towards her, slowing only so he wouldn't crash into the slight maiden, extending his muzzle eagerly with an outwardly blown breath so that she would know his touch was coming.

"Are you well, sister? Where have you been?" It seemed ages since he'd last held Rasta against his form, crafted the bronze crown that still sat atop her forehead. How had she fared with all the darkness of the world as of late? Relief clutched his tender heart to see that, at the very least, she was alive and physically well.

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

The landing had shocked her, body freezing and knees locking as she prepared to shuffle backwards and offer whomever hand landed plenty of room. At least, until she realized they had landed with ample space to not come crashing into them. Ettore had flashed an image of the painted stag, skimming across the water. Aye, her mind could just barely remember the pattern upon Cera's coat - and with the sound of her name a gentle smile curved up against her lips. She could the movement of his hooves as he came in closer.

He stretched out his maw, blowing air in her direction in warning and she eagerly reached out to press her own against his as well. He asks if she is well, calls her sister and also inquires as to where she had been. Quietly, she shifts her weight, blind eyes lingering in his direction. "I have been in the Falls…" she starts off with, body shifting uncertainly, "I had been promoted to Mason… though the position is stripped from me now… thanks to the invasion." Her voice holds, a quiet strength that she knows will more than likely break soon. But, she doesn't want it to break yet. She doesn't want him to worry just yet, and she still doesn't know how to work through everything. "For the most part I am well, though. And how have you been? What have you been up to?" she inquires, curiosity seeping into her voice as Ettore finally strays from the sky. His still maturing form had easily understood the gift of flight after a little bit of practice, and now he never wanted to leave.

Though, with his bonded in an awkward state due to recent events he peeled himself away and settled upon her back. He chirped in joy - a hello to Cera and the other companion who was near - before fluffing out his feathers in pride. Yes, pride. Pride that he had been able to fly, and pride that he was there for Rasta.

we are one in the same
you take all of the pain away

She shies away, and Cera regrets that there was no abundance of land to have descended somewhere farther way where the tremors would have been less distressing. But there is little he can do, so he sucks in a breath and tries to let the guilt slide away from him. Much like a sponge, he is a conductor for such emotions, a martyr in his own right, but he tries not to continually be disappointed by Rasta's weakness. It only makes him frustrated, and less of a person. She doesn't deserve to be further set back in her efforts - however they've progressed or regressed in the long time between their last meeting - by his frustration. But he is lonely and desperate for companionship, and so he readily takes her into his heart, trying to shove aside the clinging negative aspects that came alongside solitude.

It is easier to forget when she eagerly reaches to meet him, smile curving her pale lips as they touched and bumped their maws together in familiar reunion. Cera laughed as her little whiskers tickled against his velveteen maw, scrunching his nose up at the peculiar sensation. Relaxing into her companionship, her easy company and aura. Ilaria peered over Cera's birdlike shoulder, noting the appearance of a new companion, and staring it down. She didn't like birds, but she suffered them if only because Fina had left a good impression on her as a cub. But it didn't mean that all companions were kind, nor matched their bonded's personas. It left her eternally distrustful, and Cera allowed her to stew in her wariness, focusing instead on Rasta for the moment.

A quiet frown overtook him at the mention of the invasion. He knew of it only from the herd meeting, but he hadn't heard from his father since it had happened. If the Falls had fallen into new leadership, why wouldn't Midas return to the Dragon's Throat? Or was he attempting to organize a rebellion? An overthrow? It hurt to imagine - that he would rather reclaim a dying land than return to his family in the desert. But this was about Rasta, not Cera and his issues - plentiful though they were in their own right. Ah but denial was an effective friend, and he kept it at his side almost constantly.

"I'm sorry," he murmured instead, sincerely regretting that she had been thrust from her position. "Are you remaining there? Perhaps you can reclaim it?" Cera couldn't imagine not having a task of some sort. He'd probably wither away into nothing, as useless in body as he sometimes felt in spirit. But he washed over that, spreading fake cheer over himself like cloying suckle honey. A flaw he wouldn't admit to owning. Instead he cringed away from the topic of himself, not wanting to admit that he was actually pretty awful all things considered. She didn't need that kind of weight on her, and for once he was grateful for her blindness, eyes flickering in the obnoxious tell-all habit he had as he lied through his teeth.

"I've been busy with crafting, we've made so much these past two seasons! It's really nice," he admitted, a smile crinkling in the corners of his eyes. Well, it wasn't a lie...Ilaria grunted unhappily from his shoulder, turning her eyes away from the raptor to stare accusingly at Cera. Cera happily ignored her, tuning out whatever words she had prepared to spear into his mind. He'd only properly answered half of the questions, but well...it was good enough, right?

Image Credit
Code: Time & Neo

There was a small laugh as they bumped maws and it made her heart shine just a little bit stronger. Ettore kept his gaze upon Ilaria as Ilaria had upon him. Still, when asked how she was she answered half-truthfully. She didn't want to burden him, not yet. But her mind was plagued with confusing questions and uncertain moments. He apologized for her removal. She shuffles a little, tiny body already exhausted as she tried to get over the last bits of this heat which were fading with the onslaught of winter coming. "I am… if only for Alleo." She starts, eyes now lingering downward in uncertainty. "He wants to stay, to be with his family. I had asked him to be away from it for so long… I just. I don't have the heart to say no when I have no literal blood ties left."

Her body shudders, the emotional pain expressing itself physically so as to not overwhelm her. "I followed Midas… because he was the one I trusted the most to lead at the end of that time in the caves. But I haven't seen him since just before the invasion... Without him in the mix…" she shakes her head in dismissal, "I doubt I have any pull to regain the position - or if I even want it when I am not helping those who I care for…" There is a shrug, her gentle voice strained in the air before Cera speaks. Ah, he had been crafting as well - making many things and saying that it was nice. But, there was a grunt which caught Rasta's attention, ears instantly spinning to try and catch every sound from Cera's direction. Her tail swishes a little, to send enough vibrations to fully see his form as Ettore chitters in concern from her withers. "Really nice? Or a nice distraction?" she inquires, eyes finally flickering back up toward him. "You will not be my shoulder to cry on if I am not yours as well. We will bare each other's pain. Do you understand, Cera?" Almost motherly in nature, but it was true for her. She would not allow him to take on more pain when he could not get rid of some of it himself. And when others took on someone else's pain… they could get rid of it easier. It was a fair trade off, even if both would still be burdened the same amount in the long run.

There is a tightness in her throat, physical pain radiating down her spine from tenseness. All physical reactions to the emotional burden running through her head. So much to dump - to try and have explained, to work through. But she wouldn't release it all on Cera unless he released all of his as well. And she looked tired, even with the smile upon her maw. The more she stood there near him, the more her walls crumbled to reveal the exhaustion and pain. The more she hoped Cera would do the same.

we are one in the same
you take all of the pain away

Alleo was a name that Cera was a mere stranger to, though it had been spoken in passing before from Rasta's lips. Cera assumed that he was some sort of...lover? Mate? Perhaps it was presumptuous of him, for Cera had never experienced romantic attraction, wasn't aware of the fact that it was supposedly normal. His father had never loved a woman, at least...not where Cera was privy to that information. Whatever bitterness he would summon in the future would have no hold, when he would eventually discover the fate of that mare. Ranjiri had never spoken to him of Roskuld, nor her feelings towards the demigod. Hototo had gotten tongue tied around every single female he'd happened across, and Cera? Cera...he had lived in the sand, alone in his loyalty, constant and unwavering. Solitary. Isolated. How could he have ever learned of love, like that?

"Blood does not always constitute family," Cera murmured quietly as she spoke disparagingly. "I have none. I never have. But I've made one, and it is all I can lean on," he murmured, lips smiling in encouragement but eyes shadowed with a truth he was not ready to admit to her yet. "But it's honorable, that you would sacrifice that for him." Without knowing the stallion nor his relationship with Rasta, Cera had no other words that he could conjure to try and impose a better feeling about the situation onto the blind beauty before him.

Hearing his father's name on her lips was...odd. Uncomfortable. Cera bore it quietly, listening as attentively as he always had, as he'd been raised to. By the very man Rasta spoke of. It was odd to hear him idolized, someone breathing his name in rapture and soft, sighing syllables. They did not know the man's flaws, inherent as they were to his soul - no matter if the Gods had immortalized it. Cera could not help the snort that escaped him however when she spoke of the status she wanted but did not pursue. "And what of I, Rasta? My supposed kin, do you think they know my name? Who I am? I have been alone all my life, but I serve them because I love them nonetheless. And even if I did not, I would still give. It is what I love doing. It is what I was made to do. If you have that passion, then pursue it. Purpose is better than nothing, whether you serve those you love or not," he trailed off, wondering if she'd despise him for his somewhat rebuking passion.

His emotions were off the rails of late.

Cera bared his teeth at Ilaria for the tell when Rasta quickly caught on to the lie, cottoning on with remarkable speed for a blind mare. "I understand," he murmured quietly, properly chastised. He had never learned how to rely on others, from birth he'd always been standing on his own. Independent against his own desires. "My father abandoned me to lead a new herd, a new family. My sister returned to me with an adopted son, who recently has disappeared without a trace, and she is avoiding me completely. But, I'm great. Really." Cera swallowed whatever other words he had intended to say, for his voice had been brittle and bitter as it had all come rushing out - at least, before he'd stopped himself. Kicking idly at the sand, Cera refused to lift his eyes to Rasta's - not that she could see him, but it would inspire his guilt nonetheless. "I've had worse," he scoffed quietly, offhand. His scars seemed to throb in sadistic assent, and with that the Prince fell silent.

Image Credit
Code: Time & Neo