the Rift

Dearly Beloved
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia was on the return journey, heading to the home of her heart. She was weighed by her decisions, small chains of broken futures hanging heavily on her soul. Her words had marked the end of an area, and perhaps the God of Time would see her actions as a direct insult to him. Phi was unsure with him - nothing she did received an expected response, but she refused to live in fear of his wrath. For once, she wanted this future, and she forsook all else in order to make it happen properly. The snow was a comfort, icy and cool as she went south, and it chilled her emotions as well.

She was a small shell in the midst of a massive world, and her troubles would never be enough to raise the ocean. That only was a comforting thought, and she watched as the sun began to descend on the horizon. As she marked her direction by the orange globe sliding in the west, she began to realize that something was distinctly wrong. A blood red color replaced the soft pink and orange hues in such a subtle way that she did not notice until it was horrifically prevalent.

Colors, wrong, blurred and in a cacophony of hues, dotted the sky, and she never once stopped walking. Whatever this was, she would not be caught in the middle of the freezing snow to face it; she would get as close to the mainland as possible. Turning back to the Aurora Basin was not an option, and she picked up her pace. Misplace stars burned. Holes appeared in the sky like weeping wounds, and storm clouds spun through, seemingly fighting against the crimson deluge. Ophelia felt her heart hammer in her chest, her steady lope becoming forced as she fought the urge to run.

The sun, her sun, disappeared, leaving her with the blood red, diseased sky and its sickly stars. Only the light upon her brow continued to shine, bobbing with the effort of her movement, and her nostrils flared as she breathed heavily. Ophelia knew she could not escape the sky, but she would never quit trying. Torleik was just now within her grasp, and she would cling by tooth and nail. Whatever this was would have to rip that dream away for her to fall, and she looked around with a narrowed, suspicious gaze.

A disturbing feeling filled her chest, one that whispered how small and insignificant she was - one that told her intimately that she was lost. It was as if the planet split, spun an it's axis, and she was left on a lonely half, falling away into a magical abyss. The air felt colder.

"Please don't forsake me now," she whispered tightly, sending her prayer to the God of the Sun.

[:O
THE WORLD HAS NOT MOVED ON, DAMMIT. THIS IS STILL MID-WORLD.
-panics-]

So pale turns the innocence and all I feel is pain
Art by: nevermind @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Dearly Beloved - by Random Event - 05-17-2015, 04:50 PM
RE: Dearly Beloved - by Ophelia - 05-20-2015, 04:31 PM
RE: Dearly Beloved - by Random Event - 05-24-2015, 11:26 AM
RE: Dearly Beloved - by Ophelia - 05-28-2015, 02:29 PM
RE: Dearly Beloved - by Random Event - 05-30-2015, 01:07 PM