the Rift

[PRIVATE] nightingale

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
There was a smirk at her response - calling the Poisoner a lioness. Resplendence hoped it was a good smirk. And, with the returned bump of the maw she managed to keep her smile upon her face. She says she doesn't mind that Resplendence calls her Lakota, explains that she is usually called Poisoner with a bitter snort. Carefully, Resplendence tilts her cranium to the side, a delicate sigh escaping her lips. "My dear, what do you want to be called. I won't force a name upon anyone if they don't like it." She says - golden orbs locking with the other mare before asking just what had brought the roaned mare to her tent.

Resplendence could see the thoughts churning, the way that her companion seemed to keep whining - to keep prodding her back into reality. She is thanked for the offer of going back to the tent but confirmed that she probably wouldn't make it very far. "Valiance, gather some Cloves, Angelica, and Raspberries for her," she instructed only to have him swoop down and begin to shake his head violently. "No. She's a nightmare," he hissed and she instantly pinned her ear, "Still needs help!" He responded with a "Still a nightmare," before laying down in front of her - begging her to make him move. She snaps at him, eyes narrowed. That quiet, motherly voice is the one that emerges. "You will gather them now, Valiance. Because I said so. No argument." There is a couple of clicks before he dejectedly takes off to go gather the herbs she had instructed him to gather.

Finally, the roan mare begins to explain why she came. Lakota was also beginning to cry, tears cascading down her cheeks. Res' ear flickers down to the side in concern. Of course, the half yell causes Resplendence to back up a little - shocked by the sudden raise of voice before taking in exactly what she was saying. "I will help you, Lioness." She responds, urgency and concern in her voice. Aye, she was unsure if the mare had even heard her. She complained of the pain, of the foal being late and of the emotions. She cried, taking a few deep breaths to center herself before squeaking the last line.

Eyes were lifted warily to meet the Medic's own that radiated with concern. Carefully, she goes to close the distance. She did not have the wings of Kaj or Quilyan - she could not wrap the mare in a calming embrace, but she could try. "You aren't alone. I won't let you be alone. I won't let anyone be alone." She tries to reassure the mare - carefully placing her neck over the mare's withers, close enough to press breast to breast. And, at the same time, the grip is loose, in case the Poisoner doesn't wish for the physical contact. "It will be okay. Archibald is here as well… He is close to you as well, no? I do not know Ktulu well, if at all…" she whispers in calming waves of soothing vocal sounds. "But a protector such as you - who so readily saves the weak - could not have been the cause of another's choice to leave."

She pulls away as Valiance swoops back into the meeting, dropping all of the herbs at Resplendence's hooves. Then, he rocks back on his haunches and crosses his two front limbs toward the roan mare. Yeah, he still didn't trust her. "Valiance…" Resplendence warns, and he quickly shuffles back before taking flight and landing on the pallid mare's back, sticking his long tongue out at Lakota quickly so as to not be caught by Resplendence. Yes, he was basically as rascally as her own daughter and she did not need that. "You'd give your life for Ktulu, wouldn't you? I'm sure she sees that - and she's probably struggling with something as you are struggling with this. Both of you too stubborn to tell the other?" Res tries to explain, moving the herbs around and beginning to crush up what needed to be crushed. "Lay down for a spell, rest your hooves. Angelica and Raspberries will help with the pregnancy, maybe help push you toward contractions. The cloves will help with the pain in your joints. Though, they may take a little bit to work," she says, backing away slightly from the pile of herbs so that Lakota could reach it without accidentally running into Resplendence.

So, she stands and waits. Either to be snapped at, watch more tears fall, or to have the mare take the herbs and leave. But she would not be the one to leave - not after the mare said she was afraid of being alone. Resplendence knew that fear all too well, and she refused to incite it in someone else.
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
nightingale - by Lakota - 05-17-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: nightingale - by Resplendence - 05-17-2015, 08:18 PM
RE: nightingale - by Lakota - 05-18-2015, 11:26 PM
RE: nightingale - by Resplendence - 05-19-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: nightingale - by Lakota - 05-20-2015, 12:28 AM
RE: nightingale - by Resplendence - 05-21-2015, 12:47 AM