the Rift

[PRIVATE] All or nothing?
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia watched the way he blinked at her, staring as if she was not really there. She wondered what he was thinking, but she was too breathless and afraid of her own failings to pay too much mind. As she stood for a few seconds, she was glad that he waited -glad that he didn't say anything. She knew that she was not brave enough say what she needed to if he interrupted or stopped her train of thought. Fear of rejection, being wrong, failing... they were all so great. This decision was all or nothing, and that was terrifying. If this failed? She would have no one to blame but herself, and the guilt would eat her alive.

She did not think of the Time God, Deimos, the herd or anyone else really when she told Torleik what she wanted -that she was being selfish, for once, and choosing this path that she wanted for herself. Earnest eyes sought his deep blue ones, more mysterious than the ocean, and she held her breath, waiting for his response and praying that it would not tear her in two. Every molecule of her body was on edge, quivering with anticipation, and then he closed the distance.

His warm, taller form eclipsed her own, bearded muzzle sliding along the sweaty, damp skin of her neck. Ophelia let the side of her face fall against his shoulder, taking a deep breath of his musky, masculine scent. Perhaps, for the first time, she know the definition of home. It was here. Home was wherever she could stop her traveling hooves and rest her head against his neck, and this was a beautiful, honest revelation. The rumble of his voice bounced across her skin, and she closed her eyes, letting his words fall like cleansing rain upon her ears.

A wide grin crossed her lips at his words, his lips grabbing hold of her delicate tipped ear. The gesture made her heart crash in her chest, and she stepped back only to be able to look into his eyes just as he did the same. Reality set in with his question, and her smile turned to a grim line, realizing that she had to go back and tell Deimos. She would not leave them to their own devices with no knowledge, and she loathed the fact that they wouldn't understand. How could they? She had never seen any go running after lost lovers - none had disappeared claiming that the heart was their first priority.

She was not sure why he was so worried about Mauja, especially considering his muzzle was jammed so far up Kahlua's neck, they were practically breathing the same air. The thought was bitter, though she had no reason to be, and she sighed heavily, leaning her weight onto one hide leg as she considered her options. "I need to go back and let them know," she said quietly. "They will need to replace me, and I have no doubts that a few of them will be all... impotently offended... by my leaving."

The pale princess grimaced and shook her head. Well, they would have to deal without her, she supposed. They were losing quite a bit in her absence since the leaders were now all of her close friends.

"Mauja's new... fling... is Kahlua," she grunted. "I learned from his daughters, one from my aunt and the other from Sialia, that he apparently does not stick around for long," she muttered quietly. "You do not have to worry about him nor myself. We are able to work together without lingering feelings." Unless those feeling are anger or bitterness, in which case, she had plenty.

Ophelia smiled, pressing her muzzle against his as well. "I need to go inform the Aurora Basin then," she said quietly. "I will return, and then you can find a job for me, yes? Being a spy would please me, of course, but I will do whatever it is your herd needs."

@[Torleik]

Heartstrings Come Undone
You know I'm trying to believe that you're never gonna leave...
Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
All or nothing? - by Ophelia - 05-19-2015, 03:49 PM
RE: All or nothing? - by Torleik - 05-20-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: All or nothing? - by Ophelia - 05-20-2015, 03:44 PM
RE: All or nothing? - by Torleik - 05-31-2015, 04:28 PM