the Rift

[OPEN] Through the Fire and the Flames

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.
Fire.

It was an element much, much different than ice. It was destructive, ruining what is in its path rather than preserving it. So where on earth was she supposed to get fire from? There were only a few "friends" she had to choose from, and even if she wanted them, they would be impossible to get to. Since the invasion she had seen no one. Absolutely freaking no one. It was odd, going from a social atmosphere to being alone. Eventually, the angst of loneliness had solidified around her heart. She didn't care anymore, if no one was going to stick around for her, than she had full freedom to run rampant. It was a cycle, but this time, she wouldn't fall for the facade of family and friends. A thought wormed around in the back of her mind then, prodding at her sympathy. Shida, Auriel and Oxy all lingered there like a tattoo. She pushed it to the side, instead opting to focus on the mission ahead. Elsa may not have friends, but Oxy had one particular friend she remembered. It was Gaucho, that fiery guy that practically melted everything around him when they had met in Frostfall. Maybe she could convince him to help.

She picked up the bucket, maneuvering to any nearby forests. Fire doesn't exactly last unless it has something to burn. Opening the lid, she began placing thick, but short, twigs into the center. She stacked as many as she could manage, and littered a little bit of underbrush on top of it. Elsa knew nothing of fires, but she just hoped this would burn long enough to return to the oh so great God of Earth; That was not an encounter she was looking forward to. So, maybe in spite, or maybe in anger, she got as close to the Falls as she could manage. Plucking a few twigs from the nearby trees, she fled south. She secretly hoped that He would see. Even getting a little cringe from him would provide enough satisfaction.

As she approached the boarder of the Dragons Throat, a lot had changed. From afar, she had seen a land bridge, but now it seemed to be emanating magic. A bridge spanned from the land to the Throat, looking impenetrable by anyone. A slight bitterness formed in her throat, if they had all these defenses, had they known about the invasion to? Bile rose in the back of her throat, and her mind told her to run. However, as much as Elsa wanted to run, there was no where to go.

So, Elsa just stood. She dropped her metal caddy at her feet, and began waiting. Someone would come, and at that time, maybe she could get to Gaucho. For the time being, she would just have to wait. The Dragons Throat was destined to find her sometime.

@[Gaucho] sorry its so bad ;-;

code © tamme, picture © chan
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gaucho's patrol had only just begun, and already he had found something of interest. On the horizon, across the channel, stood a white blob. From his current position, Gaucho couldn't make out who it was, just that there was something there. Taking to the skies, he flew towards Elsa.

Rhoa still hadn't returned, and so the Wildfire knew nothing of his spar with Elsa. Even if he had returned, Rhoa didn't know the mare's name - although currently white smear was fairly accurate for Gaucho.

As he flew across the waters, Elsa slowly grew into focus. For a moment the dun wondered if it wasn't Sohalia, but his mind immediately dismissed it. Elsa was far more stocky and muscular than his mate was, and it wouldn't make sense for the Transcended to wait on the opposite shoreline. She had wings and could fly into the Throat whenever she wanted - so could Elsa, really. Pegasi were always welcome. As her place in his mind was solidified, Gaucho's flight was altered somewhat. No longer was the beating of his wings aggressive and swift, it was now more relaxed now that he knew there wasn't an immediate threat.

After all, Elsa was the mate of one of his only friends. Surely she couldn't be here for any hostile reason. Gaucho knew nothing of Oxy's betrayal, or anything that had happened in the Foothills, other than that it had been over thrown.

As he neared the shoreline, Gaucho's ever-burning wings beat to slow his speed so that he could land without disturbing the sands, or flinging them towards Elsa. At his side, Vorsa, the small phoenix chick trilled happily toward Edgar, while Mara silently waited in his antlers.

"Elsa." He greeted as he tucked his wings against his flanks.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Your spine is ablaze
Felling any foe with my gaze

Youthful but growing legs flailed about as she flew, trying to get a hold of this whole wing and leg combined effort thing. Aithniel was getting older now, aging quickly, but her upbringing had denied her of flight instruction in her early years. Being around those who wanted to cut them off or could not help either way was not exactly ideal, but she did not hold any grudge toward her former home. Illynx had saved her life, and any mother who birthed her was dead to her now. She had to move on with the fire inside as her fuel, replacement for nurturing and love so clearly absent in her life.

She could be bitter about it, and she was for quite some time. But, she had quickly gotten over the fact that she could not live her life moping around and hating everyone for the sins of her mother. Aithniel had no qualms about judging them, however, for their actions. One day, she would take up her father's mantle and use his fires of justice to eradicate the criminals of this world.

If she could not fly, however, she would make a piss poor judge. Aithniel sighed, quickly descending a bit too fast, and she spied Gaucho and a strange pegasus on her way down. Stony, silver eyes blinked as she approached slowly, unsure of she was welcome. Gaucho had been the only one to believe in her, to welcome her so openly, so she had some measure of confidence as she grew near. The strange mare had a bucket, and Gaucho called her 'Elsa'. New knowledge, it seemed.

Aithniel stood off awkwardly but close enough to possibly participate, cloven hooves resting in the soft sand as she tucked her wings to her sides. "What's that for?" she asked, lifting her gaze to this pale stranger.

[[Feel free to skip me if you ever need to! ]]

Credits: Image by Tabini with many thanks from Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Elsa

The probability of her going unseen was at a solid zero percent. Gaucho, or at least someone looking vaguely like him was quickly approaching. Though as the native looking stallion approached, it was certainly him, with his flaming wings of glory. Elsa was pretty sure that if this place was ever covered in snow, Gaucho could melt it all away within a few moments. Likewise, she decided that probably occurred with any negative action. If there was ever a brawl or invasion, Elsa was pretty sure that he could run them out with intimidation. His height, coupled with odd markings and barbaric adornments was enough to set her on edge. It would be pure suicide if she had come here for malignant reasons.

His greeting was simple and respectful. A nice balm from the recent interactions. She nodded in response, dipping her head respectfully. "Gaucho," her voice was quiet. Her mind reeled, trying to decide how to just ask him for help. She was at his mercy after all, and if he wouldn't help, she would have a very daunting task at hand. Luckily, another quickly joined, buying her a couple of moments to formulate some sort of question. So instead, she began her explanation by answering the ashy girls inquiry. Maybe if Gaucho wouldn't help, this lady would have similar powers that could help her.

Elsa reached down, and nudged the carrier gently. It shifted, the sticks inside rattling a bit from the disruption. "I need this filled with magic involving fire. Its a quest for.. She paused for a moment. The Earth God did not deserve her reverence, he barely even knew she existed in the first place. "It's for my family. You are probably aware of recent events, and now I realize that I need to improve myself as much as possible. Which, in this case, involves getting fire so that I can use my ice to burn." Well, that was a little blunt. Revealing that your magic is meant to dealt pain isn't the most winning of speeches. She tilted her head, looking slowly to Gaucho to gauge his reaction. "I would like you to fill it for me, if possible. I know that when we met last time, you were able to decimate the snow. So, I kind of just assumed you had some sort of burning abilities." Her gaze swung then to Aithniel, the one she didn't know. Was she his counterpart? She had an aura of youth, but that never stopped anyone from running a herd. "My name is Elsa, by the way." She added, before falling silent. There wasn't really much else to say. Either she was leaving with the needed elements in tow, or she would be wandering for a few more fortnights.

@[Gaucho] @[Aithniel]

Ascended Helovian

Aithniel, as always, immediately pulled his gaze. However as the demi-child aged, it wasn't only her lineage that gaze him pause. She had grown into a tall and regal creature. Her ashen complexion was just on the shy side of beautiful, but it was the hardness of her quicksilver stare that always caught Gaucho's attention. As she landed, the Sultan nodded a greeting, before diverting his stormy gaze back to Elsa.

He listened as she described the magic she sought and her reasoning. Neither mattered much to him - though in the wake of an Invasion that the Throat had been noticeably absent from, he was a little surprised she had come to him asking for aid. Although he was the WildFire, there were many in Helovia would wielded flames just as he did. But then, Gaucho didn't care very much for her reasons.

"Gaucho has - and will." He confirmed with a grunt after Elsa had introduced herself to Aithniel. The fire on his wings grew bright for a moment, as silvery smoke bled from his antlers. Normally his magic took the form of large eagles, or dragons, but this was no battle and such conjurations were not necessary. A single eagle - of regular size - slowly composed itself out of the smoke which had ignited into a ball of fire. With talons and eyes of pure gold, Gaucho cast the creature to fly on soundless flaming wings into Elsa's carrier.

"Where Oxy?" He asked, half conversationally, half curious. He knew that the Falls had lost and was reasonably surprised that his only living friend hadn't shown up on his doorstep. "Elsa and Oxy always welcome in Throat -" He offered casually, shrugging his blue-striped shoulder. He didn't know the snow-mare well, but as a mate of his Oxy's and a pegasus he would always welcome his island-home to her and her kin.

Image Credits

Elsa

Her whole explanation was followed by Gaucho's simple acceptance. In no time, he was smoking like embers and fire began to appear before him. Elsa took a step back, the heat of the fire uncomfortable to her innately icy body. An eagle formed, and just as quickly dove into the container. The tinder began to burn, and Elsa nosed the lid shut, careful not to blow out the juvenile flames. As she was about to open the opposite side, to fill it with her own magic, Gaucho's question stopped her in her tracks. Elsa blinked a few times, fleshing out how she wanted to answer this. Gaucho could probably care less for her petty problems, especially when they involved Oxy. He was his own being, and she had no right to worry where he was. In all honesty, he could have just left. She hadn't exactly parted with him on the best terms. Although, part of her was worried that even Gaucho had not seen him. Of all the places she would think him to go, it would be to seek refuge with Gaucho.

Clearing her throat, she smiled slightly, working her best to cover up her worry. "I haven't seen Oxy since the invasion." She started slowly, glancing from the ashy mare back to Gaucho. She wasn't sure how much they wanted to know, or how much they truly cared. "If you see him, can you tell him-" I love him "that I would like to see him?" She paused, giving him a moment to respond if he wished. Otherwise, she would continue a little more. "I thought he may have gone with our daughters, but I have not seen the three of them since. I was actually hoping you had seen him." Her voice faltered a little, but was quickly squashed by that ever fake smile she was so used to plastering across her face. The heat of embarrassment was washing over her again, she sounded like a clingy, stupid girl. So who was the one in the relationship with the addiction?

Elsa bowed quickly after that, giving her respects to Gaucho and Aithniel. "Thank you for your time, Gaucho. And thank you for your hospitality. I must hurry though, the forger of this said the heat will last but it will degrade if I let it sit." Her voice was shaky, but calming down and returning. Letting the nerves overrun her was a bad idea, especially here. "And I have one last favor-" she began, looking desperately to Gaucho. "If you see the twins, can you make sure they are okay, and allow them to live with you should they need it? You'd know them by appearance, one is bulky, with a blue strand of hair, kind of looks like me. The others, well, lets just say she has an explosive personality. Oxy basically in child form." Even with the humor injected, she was still desperate. She was by no means mother of the year, but that didn't mean she lacked care for her children. She was grasping for straws, and she was quickly coming to the end of that straw supply. "I need to head on my way now, is there anything you need?" She asked, pausing a moment to let them speak.

Then, once that was done, she picked up the bucket and fled. Was she moving so fast because of the bucket, or because she was afraid to face her failures? Either way, she just wanted to run. The quicker she could get this goddamn quest over, the better.

[Just posting to finish this up, unless you guys wish to continue, then you can just call her back. :) Thanks!]

Ascended Helovian

Perhaps if Gaucho was more receptive and intuitive, he would have noticed the way Elsa had to seemingly come up with her words before giving them. Maybe he would have noticed the pause, and the almost strained and pained intonation of her voice. But of course, Gaucho didn't. As Elsa turned to answer his question, his blackened ears flicked forward with interest, but with no greater insight as to Elsa's state of mind.

That Elsa hadn't seen Oxy since the Invasion was ... was it interesting? Gaucho wasn't entirely sure what to make of it. Had he been captured? His mind tried to recall whether Ampere had said anything about his presence previously during the Edge competitions for leads, or if Ophelia had said anything about him ... did any of them even know that he and the Addict knew each other? Perhaps they didn't, and so would have no reason to relay any information about him.

Gaucho nodded at Elsa's request. "If Gaucho see, Gaucho will tell him. Where you stay?" Gaucho only knew that Elsa had been a part of the former Foothills. It seemed unlikely that a mare of her calibre would stick around in a herd that had been invaded. Then again, he knew very little of her - his assumptions were merely based on what he would have done given her situation. And that, was to become an outcast, which he assumed she was.

Her final statement was the one which really held and caught his attention. Trying to smother the surprise he felt, Gaucho again nodded earnestly. Why ssssshe asssssk youu? Mara silently wondered, edging forward in his antlers now that her interest had been piqued too. Mentally Gaucho shrugged, but he was happy to abide by her request. Regardless of why Elsa was asking it of him, Oxy had been a good ally and friend, and Gaucho would extend the same hospitality to his mate. "They are welcome in Throat."

Shaking his head to indicate that he needed nothing else, Gaucho watched Elsa depart back with an uneasy smile.

What had happened to Oxy?

Image Credits