Skylark
G
L
A
S
G
O
W
Wandering and wandering. That seemed to be all that Glasgow did anymore. She trudged on and on and on, always silent. The only thing keeping her company was her thoughts. It wasn’t like she couldn’t talk. The mare was perfectly capable of such things, it was just that she had no need to speak. She was quiet in that aspect. Ever since the accident back home, she learned that keeping your mouth shut and head low was the best way to just blend in and disappear. Yet, how could a mare such as herself just blend in? She was white as snow, pure, but also scarred and destroyed. Thanks to her sister. Vanity did quite the number on creatures. In this case, the fall out reverting back to Glasgow for issues her sister couldn’t get past. Ah, what a family life.

It was back then when her sister felt as though she could do anything. She could fly and was also pure in color. However, darkness took hold of Socket and twisted her ideas, made her quite the rebellious one. Gods came forth and ripped her wings from her in an attempt to stop the vanity. Nothing worked, however. She just became darker and darker until finally an entity came and destroyed their city, their loved ones, attempting to take Socket’s life. That’s when Glasgow stepped out from the shadows in a last ditch effort to save her sisters life. It hadn’t worked, however. The darkness killed Socket and turned to destroy Glasgow. This time, instead of killing the vixen, it turned to destroy any piece of purity she retained. Scarring both her eyes in two swift markings. Then to her lips, crafting the scarred smile that travels along the curvatures of her face. It had the intention of marking her in a way that mocked the bit of happiness she had left. In her pain and solitude, she leapt forth to try and attack it, only to have one of her horns broken in half with the entity laughing in her face.

But that was so very long ago. It had been so long that the mare couldn’t really even remember what truly happened; it just seemed like a blur now. To be fair, though, she didn’t even really remember the last time she spoke. She calculated things in her mind and attempted to get to a place to better herself. She wasn’t sure how people would take her, due to how she looked. She looked dark and mysterious, when in reality she was just broken. A broken shell of what this mare used to be. She hadn’t any clue if she’d even come across something that might even be welcoming to her. It was worth a shot, though, wasn’t it?

Glasgow sighed lightly, pausing in her step to take note of her surroundings since she had blurred almost everything out. Pale glassy orbs scanning the trees beside her and the small clearing she had been standing in. Lifting her heavy marred head, she watched the clouds overhead gently turn pink and light blue with a small splash of yellow coming in from the East. It looked to be sunrise, and at this point Glasgow realized how much her bones ached and stomach panged her with pain. Head tilting back down, she noticed a bit of grass beneath her hooves, hooves of which tinted red with the stained blood of her sister. Just more to be melancholy about.

OOC: Open for all! :3
Image Credit
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Winter was arriving swiftly, the last of orangemoon leaving its final traces of vibrancy in the trees. A bitter, cool wind was stirring, making the hairs on her thick coat begin to grow out in fluffy, white lengths. Darkness was fading away, revealing the promise of the Sun God permeate the black and blue with fiery colors and beauty. Ophelia watched, her strange, dual colored eyes taking note of the clouds and the way her silver dragon, Tinek, twisted and danced in the sky. His scales were catching in the dawn, flashing brightly, and a small smile upturned the edges of her mousy, gray lips.

The Threshold was a comfortable welcoming place – a land where foreigners could enter the strangeness of Helovia and delve into the drama blooming in every corner. Ophelia waited quietly beneath a tree, her pale, angelic coat marred only be the bloody, crimson ends of her thick hair. In many ways she appeared the pale beauty with a lithe, warrior’s figure, and soft, gentle voice. But beneath the façade was a strange, violent creature, keen on revenge and bathed in a warlord’s bloodline.

Ophelia let her gaze fall when the scent of a stranger reached her nostrils, and she glanced curiously at the mare who was approaching. Without a second look, Phi could tell that this stranger was damaged. Strange scars lengthened the line of her lips, and even more went over her eyes, and she was smaller in stature in comparison. Apart from the bodily damage, she was rather lovely though, and Ophelia wondered at who had scarred her in such a cruel way.

Were this creature one of her own, Phi would hunt them down and laugh as they breathed their last. Her threats were not idle. But, this stranger was not one of her own, not yet, and thus she walked toward the mysterious stranger with a short nod of her head – a somewhat masculine gesture.

“Greetings,” she said softly, her voice like chimes, betraying the darkness just beneath the surface. “I am Ophelia, a citizen of the World’s Edge which lies in the west. We are a newly formed band, welcoming strangers into our midst if you so choose to desire a home.” The pale princess did not linger with her invitations. “The Goddess of night is our leader, and she has blessed the thick trees with fog and mists, and the forests are quiet, pensive. At the very least, you can use it as a place to rest. Have you traveled far?”

[[Yay! Nevver tables!!!]]
@[Glasgow]

So pale turns the innocence and all I feel is pain
Art by: nevermind @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
G
L
A
S
G
O
W
Breathing was the only thing that Glasgow could keep her focus on. Rattled with travel and the new surroundings, she really didn’t need to pay attention to much else other than being sure she was still, well, surviving. Hunger panged more violently on her insides, glassy blue eyes watched the surroundings almost in a blur. It seemed like she was just going on and on in circles. It was hard to say. The smells were different, but the trees casted their shadows in the same direction. Pointed it at the fact that she may have just continued on straight. It seemed almost fascinating, the trees and their stillness. Always watching events fold beneath them and unable to do anything about them. Curiously, the mare continued on.

Glasgow noticed a small rustling within the tree line before a scent passed by her nose. Glassy blues watching silently as a pure coated being stepped out before her. This mare was quite a bit larger than her, but fear didn’t spread to the vixen. Turning her head lightly to gaze at the mare, glistening white horn casting two shadows across her face much like the scars that accompanied her eyes. She took in the mare’s appearance. She was quite stunning and reminded her much of herself before everything happened. Aside from having one horn, red dipped tassels, and the purity in her coat; it almost seemed as though they could have been related. These thoughts only reminded her more of her past and thus more sadness to shadow into her mind. Glasgow lowered her head in a bow of hello before the mare began to speak.

Ears swiveled at the sounds. The mare’s voice was wonderful and almost mesmerizing. Her words were gentle and informative. It was almost relieving to her, knowing that she hadn’t come upon a creature of hostility. As the mare spoke, her mind danced upon bits and pieces of the words. The name Ophelia as well as the name of her home. Worlds Edge. It was at this point she really wondered if they did reside upon the true worlds edge. What a curious place to call home. It was now when she thought about the goddess of night. What exactly did that mean? Back home they knew of many gods and did many biddings to them all. However, Glasgow wondered if she had stumbled upon a new land with Gods of their own to keep pleased. Curiosity grew a bit more of what it was this place had to offer and where exactly she was. How many lands were there, how big, how many creatures even inhabited this place.

The destroyed vixen lifted her head a small amount keeping it lower than the creature before her in an act of respect. Clearing her throat for the first time in what felt like years, she inhaled as she tried to piece together the right words. ”Hello, Ophelia. I am called Glasgow, however you many have called me Glas for short.” Her voice was cracked and paused in random spots almost as if it felt like she was learning how to put words together over again. Taking another deep breath, she continued. ”Your home sounds quite wonderful. I’m very interested in learning more about your Goddess. I have a question, however, where exactly am I?” At this point, ears twitched lightly with the sounds returning to her ears, everything seeming more welcoming and gentle. Painting a small sense of serenity through her melancholy spirit. ”I have been travelling for quite awhile. I’m not too sure how long, years perhaps? I’ve stumbled upon a variety of places, although none quite like this.” Her voice continued to shake in places of uncertainty, however she hoped the creature before her would pay no mind.

OOC: @[Ophelia] all the Neverr tables! :D
Image Credit

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

So here he was again. The changes in the Basin, had not changed life enough to erase the Threshold off the map. Pity. If everyone could funnel through the Basin, and they toss out the rejects it would be so much easier. Two long walled corridors, his mind mused, was all it too. Perhaps he’d get Ulrik on that one day.

The golden had come down from the already freezing north to do his good duty. Right who are we kidding, it was to escape the cold there. Already winter was sealing the land in snow, and cold, and though he had lived through the season before, it did not make it easier. So down he came, with of course, Haldir following his heels. The deer never missed a chance to journey south either. A lover of the good and life he relished the still awake world down here.

Of course the gold had taken some per cautions. His invisibility cloak rested squarely on his back, shielding him from the world’s eyes. Even Haldir could do nothing, but follow the tracks made in the paths. With this and magic with silenced him the gold could wander these woods with a bit more careful selection. Not to mention this was the best place to catch all the good gossip and names. And today was not going to disappoint.

He had seen the white more from afar, her body sticking out in the forest quite easily. For a moment he stood watching. His eyes looking to see her scarred face that even he cringed at. She walked low though, very much a tired soul. It wouldn’t be an easy snatch, so the golden had prepared to walk away. His back turning to the scene, when a voice breaks the silence. Ophelia. Harks pin back automatically and the gold turns back with barred teeth. It was a most excellent thing he was invisible behind the bush for had such a face been seen it might have frightened that poor new mare to death. Still fresh though was the bitterness that mare had caused, with her reservations, and ill news. His anger was only hushed by his curiosity. She had joined the Edge? Earth eyes narrow. Not the Throat? Now what did the Edge offer her so strongly she would leave? Or perhaps it wasn’t strongly at all, and she had never cared. So had that thought ran in his mind before. He would find out soon enough, the golden promised himself that.

She had insulted him, or so he thought, and to leave this scene now would not suit his most conservative desires. Oh how he wanted to see her ruffled and frustrated, so show her he could lurk in her midst with an unspoken threat. Well why shouldn’t he? Yes, yes, he would show her now how smooth he could be. Its not that he wanted to prove himself to be worthy enough of what she left him, no, its that he wanted to crush her, from ever doubting that golden man to could have and do anything he wanted, even if he never would have wanted it in the first place.

The new mare speaks, her voice like an elder jumbled and strained. He waits for a moment, taking in her name. He hears the question forming, and reaching back he slips the invisibility cloak off, throwing it on Haldir (who jumps but picks it up). Like falling dust his frame reappears, the last of it coming back just as he steps out, coming in at the end of her speech. “This is the Threshold of Helovia, and no it is not quite like any other. Welcome.” Oh what a smooth picture he has painted. He tone is smooth a low. He carries his head mid way, relaxed and at ease. The golden cloak atop he back glitters in the sun light, and he reflects its warm hews with a smile.

The golden continues his warms smile as Haldir carrying the cloak comes to the gathering. He smiles to see Ophelia and the new creature. His curiosity having returned after a traumatic season. Nodding to him, the gold speaks up again. “This is Haldir, and I am Thranduil of the Aurora Basin, at your service.” To this point he has given not a single look to the white and red tipped mare. His actions, are as if she were but another mare. Now though he looks and nods. “Ophelia, a pleasure.” It was said with a dark twist to his grin, and a more sweet tone. It was quite nice not to call her lady. But he turns back to the new mare before much of it could be grasped, letting it all fall away. His own pride most proud to lie with such a smooth tongue. “I think you find Helovia a welcomed respite.” Oh how he paints the tones so softly, the smile so warm and assuring. “My home for one is. It is in the mountains. It is a place of quiet beauty, but a stronghold to rest in if you are weary.” He had learned a valued lesson about over selling the place. “We follow another of the four gods, the God of Time.” Here he pauses. He actually did not know much about the Time God, never really met him. But she had shown interest, and so he was determined to match. It was far from the point of this venture though. This was all about showing that white and red mare just how tricky and smooth he could be, and the beginning of showing her that the only reservation she should have was not daring through throw a back hand slap he way again.

OOC :: Bleh, this is bleh, apologies. Will get better. @[Ophelia]
Wardrobe:: Golden cloak, hawk necklace, circlet, satchel (dagger, pole arm)--Haldir is holding the invisibility cloak
Identities:: Ampere, Cashmere
"speech"

Posting Poetics
credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia had no personal qualms with Thranduil, and when she stated him a candidate to be lead, she had been genuine. In her attempt to end her rule the right way, she wanted to give Deimos all the facts he needed to succeed, but it seemed most of her attempts to take the moral high grounded ended in disaster. If only he could know her thoughts, he would realize that she rather admired the golden stallion. He was powerful and strong, and he had no need to prove himself to her – he had already done so. In fact, he was one of the few mortals on this very ground that she could honestly scared her, deeply.

He had secrets. She was unsure of his loyalties. Even when she was lead, he kept his information close, not telling her what he knew of the Dragon’s Throat. Ophelia had to learn that from Gaucho’s own mind, and that was more than a little disconcerting. Thranduil was the only spy she assumed could match her talents and skills – perhaps even surpass her if he could stuff down his pride long enough to make friends, and that was highly unsettling. Ophelia was used to being one of the only master manipulators in this Helovian chessboard.

Now another queen was on the table, armed with every available move and watching carefully from behind the unyielding rook of the Aurora Basin. His attempt to show her his skills were unnecessary because she was already wary, and her words to Deimos had not been meant as an insult – not in the least. Ophelia was factual when she was not pissed off, and when she was angry, the emotion was obvious. It twisted her expression into something horrible and ugly, and blood rained down upon her coat like sin. Ah, but she did not go peering into his mind, though she desperately wanted to know what Deimos had done. Had he actually taken her advice?

Would he get off his arse and go down to the Throat to thank them like she suggested? Ah, so many questions.

Ophelia was not ruffled by his presence. Thranduil was like her in many ways – everyone at once. The lies beneath his tone were almost palpable – too reassuring from what she had experienced as his leader. Still, she nodded gracefully, her calm exterior cool as marble and firmly planted as he spoke his truths. “Thranduil,” she returned softly, wishing she could get him alone to talk (but even that was an unsettling thought). Did she truly want to be alone with him?

“He speaks the truth about the Aurora Basin. I lead it not so long ago, and it is safe, a fortress, and beautiful – almost as if trapped in time,” she said gently. “The journey is long, however, and winter may arrive on your way. Traveling through the snow is not for the faint of heart – not through the Steppe.” One of the greatest downfalls of the Basin was its location. The journey was terrible, undeniably so. Ophelia rather liked the snow, and thus she had not been bothered. But, some she had brought to the mountain land had expressed their irritation.

Ophelia decided to turn the direction back to the gods, and she offered this pale stranger a smile. “I wish to know more about her as well. She is mysterious and strange, and though she has been recently mired in tragedy, I admit to having never spoken to her before.” The pale princess was unsure of the direction this was going, but she would keep on until the end; Glasgow deserved that much, if not more. “You are more than welcome to follow me, without obligation, if you wish to look around. I am sure none will mind.”

She turned to Thranduil, opening her mouth as if to say something and closing it with a lost expression. Ophelia frowned, looking down at her cloven hooves awkwardly, trying to summon the courage to speak. “Is… ah…” she trailed, clearing her throat. She had not been aware that Thranduil watched her display, but she had no doubt Deimos would grunt out his disapproval once she left. “I am sorry if I failed you,” she said quietly. “You… you were.” How could she admit this aloud? “You are… excellent… at what you do. I hope you become lead soon - you would be great. Formidable. ”

The difference between her and others? Ophelia could be genuine, even when she knew that she would be stepped on. She had no doubts that Thranduil would laugh in her face and cast aside her honest expression of herself, but for once, she hoped, that he would at least listen. In leaving, she had not wanted to hurt anyone – that was why she offered to stay and help with the transition. Deimos had ensured she could not do so, and she was sure that that strained the herd in ways she had desperately wanted to stay and remedy. Now, she would be painted as the ‘one who left’ when she had intended to care for the herd until it was properly functioning in her absence.

Ophelia averted her gaze, the gesture almost shy.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
G
L
A
S
G
O
W
It was almost surreal, noticing the golden figure appear out of what seemed like thin air. Glasgow shifted her weight a bit, just ready to take a step back if the figure were to be hostile. She wasn’t going to deal with that issue today. However, as her words ended, this stags words picked up. He seemed almost genuine, warm smiles stuck to his face. Ah, smiles. The corners of her mouth where her scarred smile were ached with the thought. Ears that had swiveled around in confusion now grew curious with his words of the land. Apparently this wood land was called the Threshold, and the land overall was called Helovia. That was a name that peaked a bit of interest. She had heard of this place in hushed whispers back at home. It seemed like the place that people hardly knew about, and if you were to speak of it in the close quarters of the homeland, serious consequences ensued. Perhaps it was all because this place was so much better than home. At least, now it was. Her mind flashed back to seeing the destroyed rubble of the city that once had been booming with life. Seeing the bodies afterward that lined the street, the only form of life being herself; tattered, torn, and destroyed forever. What a life it was.

It was at this point she tuned back in, eyes staring blatantly at the creature that stood by the golden male. A curious being, Glasgow realized how long she had been staring and stuck in her memories that she really only tuned in when the stag spoke about his own homeland. Aurora Basin. Sounded like quite a lovely place. However the moment he said mountains, it almost seemed like a deal breaker. That rocky mountain atmosphere just caused more pain into her heart. A stronghold it may be, but a place of rest it wouldn’t be. At least not for her. However the God of Time sounded interesting to her, she figured it would be best to stay away from that area. She wouldn’t show it, though. She just offered a nod to him, eyes almost hollow, watching the scene unfold before her. It seemed as though this golden stag knew the mare that had first spoken to her. The air almost felt tense as the golden stag smiled brightly and the white mistress seemed to shy away. Ophelia spoke the name of the stag that had appeared, and Glas turned her head back to the stag offering a small hello bow before returning her sullen gaze back to the mare. Curious now, she wondered why Ophelia had left the Basin. If it was a place that seemed to glorious and wonderful, what caused a lead to leave? It almost seemed as though it wasn’t the right fit for her, more with how Ophelia spoke about it.

Winter was an issue for her, especially for how long she had travelled. Her body was thin and slightly starved. She never stayed in one place for too long due to the fact of being so white and with such little protection to herself. Trust was hard to come by nowadays. Her eyes watched the ground for a few moments before hearing Ophelia speak once more, sensing a small smile that danced across the mare’s face. Glas didn’t seem to acknowledge the smile, but instead shifted her weight, stretching out her back left leg; the gray sabino marking matching her mane and tail perfectly. As the words hit her ears, Glas turned her head slightly, watching the woods. The awkward feeling of the scars making her like this book to read. It seemed unnerving. Yes tragedy had struck but not quite as much as many had thought. At least they were interested in her story. That was a difference from the others. It was, kind almost. Then as the white vixen spoke to the golden beast, it seemed personal. However, Glasgow couldn’t help but to listen in as well as she could. At least it sounded as though the male was respectable. That was a good sign.

Once the speaking between the two had passed and a small pause ensued, Glas decided it might be a good point in which to explain herself a bit. ”The Basin sound’s wonderful, but it may just be too nostalgic for my own wellbeing. A trip to explore it at some point may not be out of the question, however. So thank you for that.” Words were getting a bit stronger, but still cracked in places. Pieces of the words almost seemed strained on some points, almost like she was still working out how to speak some of the words and phrases. Lowering her head a bit, weary eyes passed between the white mare and the golden beast with his blackened creature. Yes, my story isn’t for the faint of heart I’m afraid.” Words were softer than before, more tender. ”I come from a place where my duty was to create relationships from other cities; expansion if you will. My sister and I had been the ones to take this into our hands; we were the pure ones, the pristine ones, the ones that took after our gods of the homelands.” She began to explain, pausing occasionally. ”At three years old, I learned the ways of how relationships worked, how to gain trust and grow my land. We were quite the stronghold as you put it. However my sister; my dear sister, succumbed to vanity too easily with our duties. Our gods ripped the wings from her in the hopes of stopping it.” She sighed softly. Was it worth it to explain to these strangers how she was? It might do some good to have a story that resounded and passed through, like gossip almost. Gossip that was true and honest. One couldn’t go wrong in that aspect.

”Our attempts went to the wayside. She became darker and more obsessed with herself. Our home paid the price. A presence took over the land, a darkened one. Like hell itself unleashed upon us. Using my sister’s vanity against us. Every soul met their untimely demise that day. All except for me. Evidently it had been my fault that these issues arose and occurred. Our gods turned their backs to us in our time of need. The evil itself causing these scars as a physical reminder of what once was.” She stopped, stooping her head a bit lower and shaking it ever so lightly. Eyes closing momentarily before opening and scanning the faces of the two that stood before her. ”I do hope this land’s Gods are more forgiving.”

OOC: @[Ophelia] @[Thranduil] Leave it to Glas to turn the attention back to her in the awkwardness xD
Image Credit

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

He wanted to be mad, damnit. It was easy to be mad. You fuel the fire and it blazes up and out of control, and anyone who might have made you feel guilty has burned in its wrath.

At first it seemed that red dyed mare would let him burn the whole forest down with that inner anger. Her soft whisper of his name purred against him. In his twisted mind of lies it showed her bowing to his smooth attitude, his ability to make reality into lies. Had he known its true cause, or how she truly felt about him, it might be a very different picture. Not that he would have dropped the whole charade, but the need to prove himself would have been already won, and no purpose would have drawn him to be as warm and generous as this crafted mask. As she speaks up though the gold ignores her words. Looking instead down to Haldir, who still drug the cloak. Inside the golden grumbles to see it drag the ground, but it was best that no one knew its powers. So while the red dyed mare starts he takes it from is bonded and shoves it in a pouch under his cloak.

Haldir, relieved of his charge, moves forward into the group. The deer had always been of bold character, one of the few things the golden didn’t mind about him. The dark deer moves forward, his head low at first, but it comes up slowly to look at the new mare. Ophelia he knew, but this mare was new, and those were always greeted first. The little tail began to wag, and his bright face looked up to her. He could see the scars that marred her body, but they didn’t mean much to him. In his short life, though he had indeed recently seen pain, he knew not those lines to be the mark of them.

The gold always tolerated such behavior by Haldir here. Who could resist a strange with the most adorable puppy? This though wasn’t a normal visit, Ophelia was here, and she was starting to open her mouth just a little too wide. He was fine with her praise, whatever, trying to equal him perhaps. But her criticism finally got his attention back to her. For the first time since he walked into the gathering his smile dropped slightly, and those chocolate eyes flickered with the hard earth of their reality. His irritation at her flaming up. But they are not alone, and the golden curtly nods, his warm looks returning, to confirm the reality to the newcomer, while silently grumbling. True the Basin was a frozen hell, but she didn’t have to say that!

The inward annoyances of the gold almost washed out what she said next. It took a moment to connect back the conversation. They were talking of the Moon Goddess, and this discretion to speak continued to fan the flames. Mired in tragedy? The mare murdered over eleven innocent mortals just to prove she could! Now the gold was all on her side, wave the flag or whatever, but this truth he knew the white mare to know. She herself had witnessed at least one murder scene. He wanted to turn and trash her little picture of the Goddess into the trash, but unfortunately he had made too nice of a guy in his lies to do that. Pity.

Then there was a pause, and the golden noticed it little for he was looking at the newcomer, waiting. But Ophelia had not finished. Her soft sound, pulled a golden hark, and then his head. She was not speaking to them, but to him, and it confused him. One hark still fixed on the waiting mare, but the rest of his attention was absorbed in this most curious moment of the red dyed. Her words were disjointed, and slow. His crowned head tilts slightly, and smile drops a little as he considers her, confused. What was she doing? The golden could not comprehend. In his mind twisted by ego, vanity, and vengeance, they were at a small battle, and she had fired the first shot earlier. What in hell was she doing waving a white flag?

She was dumping water all over his lovingly cultivated flames. Not that he enjoyed being angry, but it was always a he had built it up so in order to stand here with them. Now, with her compliments? And apologies? This mare was completely different from the one who had sassed herself out of the Basin. Then she had laughed, not even trying to fake remorse. Not to mention you would have thought the gold was two separate creatures to her that day and this. Tasseled tail switched at his sides, but he made no other movement. In a strange moment, so rare in his time, he was stuck. This is what he wanted. Her to admit her tragic decision and proclaim his skill the best. That he would be the lead to contend with. He had thought it would come after a long convoluted plot, a show of his force and power. He liked to keep to the shadows surely, but this had called him out. It was a pity then, that it had come too late to change what was done. That’s right, what was done is done. The golden’s head straightens back. Though he could find nothing but smolders there in where his flames had been, waiting to devour her, he still was not about to puddle in front of her. The golden would not be caught. He had a reputation to keep, and he would not be preyed upon by words. He of all knew their power, and he would not be caught under them. He did not trust her. Not even when all the signs were there it was the truth.

He would have said nothing. His anger having been quieted with her admissions, but also his distrust keeping him from recognizing it. But they were not alone. Earth eyes glance to the new mare and back. It was a shame she was here, he was pulled to follow his line of lies and actually respond. “Thanks.” It was disjointed, though only one word. Not a word he said normally either. Did he mean it? It was hard to tell, as he wrestled with his own confusion over the moment. Most doubtable, it was a lie, like all the others perhaps. Still, it was not the rage of terror and power that he had imagined would follow it. All in all, to see another crumble, who he had expected to be so strong confused him, and made him all together wary.

But of course they weren’t alone. The mare speaks up and the golden welcomes the distraction. He turns away from Ophelia, trying his best to forget the awkward moment passed between them. Of course what the mare had to say didn’t exactly excite him either. Seriously, today was just not working out very well. But he was a nice unicorn, he smiled and was kind. Just like the Basin was full of daisies and rainbows. With his warm expression returning the golden’s head only nods, and spins a cute phrase. “Of course. You are welcomed to visit anytime.” Lucky for her she had a horn, so it was a complete lie. Oh god no, she was telling her sob story. It took all the skill he could muster to let concern lace his face. He stood with tassled tail beginning to flick about is hocks again, as he tried will all his might to seem the least bit interested. It was good thing he had practice doing it, and to his knowledge he played it rather well. When she finishes up the golden has decided he is quite done with this. Even the satisfaction of throwing out the Moon Goddess’s recent deeds seems like a waste of breath and time. Not to mention he still felt unease about Ophelia. So instead of a putting the effort to toss about his wit he only nods and replies. “Most are.” And says nothing more, ready to move on and get out of the awkwardness he had been caught in.

OOC :: Sorry for the wait, and please forgive him for being an ass. XD @[Ophelia]
Wardrobe:: Golden cloak, hawk necklace, circlet, satchel (dagger, pole arm)--Haldir is holding the invisibility cloak
Identities:: Ampere, Cashmere
"speech"

Posting Poetics
credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia’s attention was turned back to this stranger, Glas, and she listened to her speak with a gentle attention. The mare’s bizarre, dual colored eyes regarded her gently, honestly surprised that she chose to go to the World’s Edge instead. Her reasoning was sound, but Thranduil was a very attractive stallion. Most mares would follow that sliver of a chance to break his golden shell and reveal what was on the inside. How many had done that, she wondered? If any at all? Was there a soft center or was he rotted?

The pale princess nodded, silently urging her to continue with her tale, uninterrupted. Her names for herds and regions were interesting, and she could only recall having heard the word ‘city’ once before. Glasgow would prove useful in uniting the new Edge with other herds then, if she wanted to follow the same path of before and put her skills to good use.

She visibly recoiled at the thought of gods tearing the wings from her sister, but in all honesty, was she really surprised? Their very own Moon Goddess had been at the root of many murders, and she knew the dark hearts of the gods very well. Personally. Ophelia had experienced the selfish ways of the gods, and she nodded again sympathetically. Darkness was a sin Ophelia knew well, and it waited in the edge to consume her with gnashing hunger.

Ophelia sighed softly, frowning. “I wish I could say that they are more forgiving. Some are. Some are not. But, I can help you with them how I can. I know three personally, and I can take you to the Veins of the Gods to introduce yourself,” she said quietly. “I am sorry that your world turned on you; I know how that feels.” The monsters of Isilme returned to haunt her dreams - the risen dead with red eyes gripping at her heels.

The pale princess looked to Thranduil, nodding at his thanks. “I’ll be sure to bring her by whenever she wishes,” she promised the golden. And she would. Ophelia was not one to break her promises.

“I am not from here either,” she said softly, jerking her head to the side to indicate that Glas should follow. “I came from a land which is now overrun by shadows of the dead, wraiths who want nothing more than to eat your life away. My twin sister and I ran for our lives, and we arrived here.” Ophelia tilted her head curiously, strange eyes twinkling with a mysterious vibrancy. “I have learned the herds and the gods. This is my home now. I hope that you can forgive its tarnished surface and violence, for this is not a world of peace.”

“Come, I will take you home.”

@[Glasgow]
Sorry for the wait! :D I'll make you a new thread in the WE