[JUDGED] roll like thunder, burn like stars [mauja spar]

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
By my verdict: TIE is the winner!

NYX
Realism [+3.5]
Your experience as a fighter is apparent with how well you describe your attacks, defenses, timing, and positioning. I enjoyed seeing how you incorporated sustained injuries from a post into the next one, though they never really seemed to affect you, they were just touched upon. On that same line, you took too much damage in your second post for a dice roll of 3. There was no real mention of breed differences - some stat was brought up in post 1. Excellent use of scenery though with all the slipping.

Emotion [+2]
You were consistently good at describing Nyx’s feelings, though at times there was a lot of wording to describe action, so amid a post you would have a few strong lines of emotion, but then the rest was very mechanical and the feelings sort of fell away and left me wanting more.

Prose [+4]
Your posts were always enjoyable to read and had excellent composition, flow, and wording. I really loved some of your descriptions and your punchlines! I really loved your connection with your companion as well.

“They feel her pain, too, but it's faint, muffled, like shouting against snow.”

“His eyes have wings? Theirs have teeth.”

Readability [+3]
Easy to understand and read all throughout with no errors.

Finally tally: 38.5(12.5*2)= 63.5 HP

MAUJA
Realism [+2.5]
You do an excellent job with correct attacks, defenses, timing and positioning, but you seemed to struggle with taking proper damage amounts. In your first post you don’t sustain enough damage for a dice roll of 5, and it’s also not entirely clear if Nyx’s shove into Mauja worked or not - I assume this is why he slipped, but again it wasn’t as clear as I would like. Then in your second post you seem to take too much damage for a dice roll of 1. In your third post you do not take enough damage for your critical miss which was a dice roll of 5 - but your damage is good for Nyx’s attack and a dice roll of 4.

Similarly you may mention injuries sustained throughout the fight, but don’t really show how they affect you. You also don’t mention breed or stat differences, but did well at incorporating the surroundings on several occasions with all the slipping.

Emotion [+2.5]
Strong emotion all throughout, especially in your third post. I really liked seeing how Mauja progressed in feelings as the fight went on and after his magical attack on Nyx in your first post.

Prose [+5]
Really consistently beautiful writing that made your posts enjoyable to read. They flowed effortlessly and held such great imagery and vocabulary and style.

“The cold starlight touched her scabbed knees, blood leaking out. The night smelled of it, salt and iron, the physical embodiment of his grief—”

“He didn't even think to move out of the way, locked up in the prison of his mind.
Stop—
Please, stop—
Irma cried out in the darkness, once, a mournful, questioning note.”

Readability [+3]
Easy to understand and read all throughout with no errors.

Finally tally: 37.5(13*2)= 63.5 HP

Messages In This Thread
RE: roll like thunder, burn like stars [mauja spar] - by Official - 09-24-2015, 07:26 PM