the Rift

Feathers and Dust

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
As it was, I’d seen my fair share of bloodied pasts and scars to accompany them. I’d heard numerous stories of heartache and betrayal, loss and consequential grief… I wanted to witness something fresh, something honest in a world so rapt with opinion. I hoped that I’d again find some peace in the all chaos that had resulted from the invasion of the Hidden Falls… Progression was all that any of us could hope for anymore.

The thunderous sounds of footfall tempted me from my reveling and made Sabine stir from her fitful slumber, despite her gift for sleeping through most of the day. I was certain that I hadn’t heard the rhythmic beating until now, but its nearness made me nervous despite my size and ability to fend for myself. It was like tracking a storm and not knowing when the rains would come or when the lightening would come close enough to batter the earth with its electrical war cry.

In a moment of sudden apprehension, I gathered my hinds beneath me, ready to fight or flee. It was not often that creatures were so at ease gallivanting through the Threshold, given its unfamiliarity. However, I’d encountered many questionable beasts in these woods and somehow I felt that, despite my suspicions, I was about to cross paths with yet another.

When the pale shape of the stallion broke free of the underbrush, sailing over hedges and fallen trees alike, I was forced into a rigid stillness. What was wrong with him? What was he running from? I cautioned a glace toward the quiet wood from which he came and found neither wolf nor big cat hot on his heels- what in the Gods name was going on? On instinct, I lunged forward into a lumbering trot that jostled the young Zephyr as she attempted to settle against my poll. She squawked and jeered, her cries lifting raucously toward the high heavens to which she pled. However, I was no longer waiting for the bleached stallion to slow or to notice my company- I had other plans in mind.

Hey!” I shouted after him, my voice growing in timbre as I trailed after him. “What’s got you in such a hurry?” I questioned breathlessly. In an attempt to slow him down, I paced myself until fluidly stepping into a quick-gaited walk. If he desired direction or perhaps protection from whatever ailed him, then I was offering myself quite selflessly… even if I thought him to suffer from more than the unseen predators giving him chase. The next few moments were crucial; if he planned on pausing, I would take advantage of the standstill to assess his intentions here, and if not… well, let the Gods save him.
THOR
image credits

@[Archangel]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-21-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-22-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-22-2015, 03:43 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-22-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-22-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Ampere - 05-22-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-24-2015, 10:36 PM