the Rift

Feathers and Dust

Archangel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

...ARCHANGEL...

WHEN EVERYTHING EVERYTHING YOU touch TURNS TO GOLD

What had he gotten himself into now? Whatever it was - it sure as hell was more exciting than the places he'd been before.

The other stallion, Thor, at least was supplying some answers. All of this was run of the mill. More than that - he himself had had wings. Archangel was no stranger to scars - even very bad ones, and if he stared more intently than he might normally, it was only out of awe.

WINGS? Something this big, was able to get off the ground? By the gods...

There was also a spare thought as to how much the idea of getting those ripped out must have hurt. Even vaguely, it was enough to make Archangel want to shudder.

Again, thought, his thoughts were kept flying -

ha! "Flying".

- from one thing to another. Thor spoke of what was his homeland - Worlds End. His tone was stoic, simple, laden with a meaning that Archangel was not privy to, and yet one thing as much was clear. "You obviously hold your home in a high regard," Archangel murmured, with a seriousness that was usually reserved. More was going to be said, but Archangel was aware of his fur being tingued in a blue glow - not of its own making, but of a light source emanating from the mare. Sparks danced around her - had been dancing around her, though the white stallion was doing his damnedest not to forever appear like a starry-eyed colt. He could pretend he was used to magic. Sure. Why not?

He'd always wanted to believe there was a hell of a lot more potential in his kind than they were led to believe. Now he just had to keep a rein on his instincts to fear the unknown. Luckily, it was something he'd learned to deal with very early on. He watched in amazement as a creature of pure light and energy took form - in the shape of a curious little deer no less. He didn't dare move forward - he remained with his feet planted and weight shifted on one hind - but he let the apparition come closer, as it pleased its puppet master - for the mare was obviously controlling it.

The mare was nickering to him again. - He'd lost the priveledge of her attention for a little while it seemed - The stallion would like to say that he had more self respect than to be someone's spur of the moment screw, but honestly it was more just the fact that he lacked the, well, desire. Sex had never been something pleasurable - just another chore of the day, only at the covering shed instead of the riding arena. Plus - holes? pegs?

Exactly how desperate is she? Three flakes says she just wants to lead me to a secluded spot and murder me.

"Alright, now you're just starting to make me feel uncomfortable." It was said rather dryly, but without any sharpness or heat. In a different life time, back at the stables, it had been a running joke among the herds and hands that he was the only stallion who, after getting loose, broke into the feed room instead of the mare's pasture. What could he say? Food was good. Like really good. He was far more selective with breeding than he was with eating - though that didn't mean he was without favorites. He'd gone so long without a nice drizzle of molasses it was a tragedy.

THUMP

"Good gods!!" Archangel was quiet literally shocked out of his thoughts. Everything inside him seemed to spark and fizz - like the way it felt standing under thunderheads during a storm! It was only a split second - and all the warning he got before he was thrown up and back a stride .... against his will? It was like accidently brushing against an electric fence! Except not exactly as painful. Archangel snorted - nostrils and eyes wide. His neck immediately arching as though preparing his body for a threat. But at the same time, there was a quirk to his muzzle. He was half tempted to shout for her to do that again. That crap was amazing.

But yeah, pretty damn invasive too.

Archangel straightened up a little. "....And the fact that you could quite possibly electrify me with your mind isn't exactly helping." The white stallion shook his head. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline your offer, especially since I'm sort of in the middle of attempting to accept his." He twisted an ear in Thor's direction, adding. "Not like -that-. Don't get excited. -- But um, thank you, anyway. My loss, I'm sure."

WHO CAN YOU TRUST?

notes: so sorry for being so late guys! even in summer, it seems I'm kept pretty busy.

Messages In This Thread
Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-21-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-22-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-22-2015, 03:43 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-22-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-22-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Ampere - 05-22-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-24-2015, 10:36 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 05-25-2015, 10:02 AM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Ampere - 05-27-2015, 01:12 AM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Thor - 05-27-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: Feathers and Dust - by Archangel - 06-02-2015, 02:58 PM