the Rift

[DROP] Come and get it

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
A S H A M I N
on his own

Ashamin watched as his company all addressed the issue in their own way. The equine took the protective approach, the winged-one, the offensive. And then there was himself, backing away slowly, trying desperately to lead off the snakes on his own. Had he been foolish to expect them to join him in his effort rather than head off their own? And weren't their attempts braver, better, or simply just smarter than his?

Ashamin kept waving his tail at the snakes, trying to suppress his disappointment in his own efforts and screwing his courage to the sticking place. He could only hope the snakes would move--would follow him, and leave the vulnerable three alone.

But they didn't follow him. And they didn't bite back at the black, er, gelded one, and they didn't balk or turn and hiss at the sight of the attacking paint mare. They simply vanished. Ashamin, freed from the stress of his duty, looked up and away from where the snakes had been just in time to catch the sweep of the owl's magnificent wings through the air. The images the owl then projected made the message clear: all three of the equines had been taken for fools at the drips of imaginary shadows.

He barely had time to react to the reality that the snakes were illusions before the next thought came to him: if the snakes weren't true, were the deer?

The owl answered his question with mental swiftness, and Ashamin felt his heart dissemble at the sight of a specific, beautiful beast. The deer before had seemed vague to him--he hadn't been sure what they were, or why they were there, only that he needed to protect them. This one, however, this image of the dark deer in his mind with the white eyes and the shimmer of a marking on its forehead, this he knew. This was a creature that was to become his partner--his companion. He swelled with joy at the thought of at last having someone to love and care for, of at least not having to be alone, and dipped his head in eternal respect to the owl.

"Thank you, wise creature," Ashamin whispered, knowing a beast of such magic could surely hear, "I will cherish this gift."

And with that, the young stallion stepped forward and nudged the egg to rest before his hooves, admiring its smooth, gray surface and amazed at what he knew now lay within.

[[Apologies for the delay! I wrote and lost parts of this post twice and got frustrated and I was on busy still for a bit. Thanks so much, dice! xD I am very excited and will post in the updates as soon as this guy hatches.]]

(table by Tamme)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Come and get it - by Random Event - 05-22-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Ashamin - 05-22-2015, 01:24 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Badger - 05-22-2015, 02:47 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Nasreen - 05-23-2015, 03:13 AM
RE: Come and get it - by Nasreen - 05-26-2015, 03:45 AM
RE: Come and get it - by Isopia - 05-24-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: Come and get it - by Random Event - 05-24-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Isopia - 05-24-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Ampere - 05-24-2015, 05:31 PM
RE: Come and get it - by Ashamin - 05-25-2015, 10:23 AM