the Rift

[OPEN] Old family
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Were you to ask Ophelia later, even years later, to describe the scene before her, she would have remembered the raven on the tree. But now? It was written in her memories and quickly pushed to the side, particularly when Kaj approached, his large, gracious wings sweeping with the grace of his flight. His soft butterscotch and cream figure approached with a warm smile and eyes the color of friendship, and she did her best to return the expression. Though, her soft look was often subtle, a wrinkling of the flawless, pale surfaces on her face. He trotted close, but she, unused to this terrain, remained put. However, she excitedly flashed her bloodied tail around her hocks, lips peeling back from teeth in a smile.

“Kaj!” she returned warmly. The stallion offered his muzzle, and she breathed into his nose, a typical greeting among friends though somewhat foreign to her strange, isolationist ways. “I…” she began, but just as she was about to speak, her twin sister called her name. Surrounded by those she cared for made her heart sing, and she shoved her face affectionately into her sister’s mane, inhaling her earthy, familiar scent.

Much to Ktulu’s credit, the warring, dark mare (who was so much like their father), demanded to know what was wrong, but all Ophelia could do was smile. Yes, she had done something admittedly a little foolish. Her temper had gotten out of control. But, beneath the quagmire of decisions was something good and whole, and she chuckled at Ktulu’s question about her smile. Had she been smiling so obviously? She supposed so. That must be the way her heart looked, because she could feel the beating on her face.

“I am… well, and… much has happened,” she said finally, taking a deep breath. “I have resigned from leader of the Aurora Basin, and I am now living in the World’s Edge.” Ophelia knew that Ktulu would be thoroughly confused, so she hastily continued with her tale. “When you took over the Falls, Kahlua and I stayed back to choose new leaders, and much to my surprise, Torleik tried. Naturally he was… excellent, and I thought that would be the end of… well… whatever it was then…” she furrowed her brows, finding it increasingly hard to describe her feelings.

“But, he said we could make it work, and I returned to the Aurora Basin, but it no longer felt like home. I chose me, Ktulu. I chose to do something for me, and I left. I am going to give this an honest try and well… I am praying it all works out.” Ophelia was not sure what she would do if it did not work out. The fact that Kaj was listening did not deter her at all; she trusted him implicitly. “I informed Deimos that I was leaving for personal reasons and offered to help him choose new leaders and transition the Aurora Basin, and he had the fucking balls to tell me that he was disappointed.”

Even repeated the words left her incensed, and little droplets of blood began to slide down her face, an illusion from her coat. “How dare he…” she snarled. “I lost my temper, and I left. Which is why I am informing you, Kaj. I do not know this new Aurora Basin, and I am not longer a part of what they do. Can you tell Archibald for me please? And I implore you not to mention my personal life in all of this…” she said softly, trusting that he would not.

Ophelia looked to her sister. “I think… I think I am… in love. He said he loved me. I don’t know what to do…”

@[Kaj]
@[Ktulu]

Art by: equusamor @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Old family - by Ophelia - 05-23-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: Old family - by Isopia - 05-23-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: Old family - by Kaj - 05-26-2015, 07:45 PM
RE: Old family - by Ophelia - 06-03-2015, 04:39 PM
RE: Old family - by Archibald - 06-04-2015, 02:46 AM
RE: Old family - by Isopia - 06-08-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: Old family - by Kaj - 06-10-2015, 12:49 AM