the Rift

[DROP] Morning Songs

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
Zèklè
There was a god among them.

There was a memory which hadn't left much of an impression on the boy, one of a very tall stallion with flaming wings and fiery eyes, who had a special feeling about him, like magic and power and strength. And then there was another one, more recent, of frenzied hunting and following Ma so they could all get on a boat. He hadn't really seen much of the second one, but he had the same feeling about him, and Ma had told him it was 'Father Earth', and that he was a god, and that gods were magic and good.

(but then the Moon God was bad, so that was just something else that was too complicated for him to deal with right now)

He'd gone to the meadow at dawn, because Ma had given him a taste for watching the sunrise in various places. So far he'd seen most of them at the beach, along various coastlines and reflected in the sea- but never yet here, in this particular place. Squishy followed behind him, dutiful as ever, and the boy explained his desires to his silent friend, imagining the answers which might come in response. He'd also hoped against hope to find Zahra, who he could only pray had made it back to her Ma, and Bird, and to make sure they were okay. He'd seen them last in that very meadow, so wasn't it logical that he might see her here again?

The boy's steps were gentle, his usual exuberance subdued. Thinking of Zahra made him quite sad, filled him with a horrible, wrenching guilt in his stomach. Where was she? Again, he hoped that she was okay. He would make her a golem, he had decided, a Squishy of her own, so that no matter what happened she would be safe, but as yet he hadn't found just the right materials, the perfect combination of metal and stone. There was something about the meadow that morning which offered a sort of promise- was it, maybe, the promise of stone?

No, he quickly realized. It was the presence of a god.

Ma had said that the Gods had blessed him, given him gifts when he was born and that was why he had magic, but something about that always sat uneasy in his chest. If the Gods had blessed him then why was he broken? Had they meant him to be this way? He had not voiced his concerns, not to anyone, not even to Ma, but as he looked at the God and the circle of people around him they suddenly came bubbling to the surface of his lips, unbidden and destructive, fiery and hot. They all wanted something, and all he wanted was to be whole.

Maybe it was his pain over Zahra's disappearance, but all at once the boy broke, and crashed into the clearing.

Without regard for any others the boy exploded into the group, followed by a far more languid Squishy. He pushed his way forward, past strangers and friends, until his small form was planted in front of the God, a powerful pain and anger painted within his sunbeam eyes. He was a mole before a mountain, a mouse before a lion- and his voice was almost a whisper, or as close as a boy of his volume could get.

"My Ma said you bless people, an' that you blessded me, an' that's why I gots my metal magic." He hesitated, shuffling, but kept his gaze fixed upon the god. "An' I mean it's cool but... why'd you have t'take my w-wing to do it?" Tears now, choked back and strangled, burned by anger before they could reach the ground. Squishy crackled dangerously at Zero's hooves, sensing its maker's discomfort, pressing against his hocks. He hadn't said this to anyone, not even to himself, but it exploded now with a flurry of emotion, a tidal wave the boy could not contain. Poor Earth God, if only the boy had known who else had chastised and accused him so! With a final sniff the half-child exhaled:

"I just wanna be useful, an' not brokeded. Why'd y'make me brokeded?"

He didn't care who heard. But he also didn't dare look around, to see who might be there.

---
cough. feelings. sorry Earthy D:

Wishlist
[Earth x Light :: Able to use the titanium which grows on his body to form physical augmentations on himself, such as 'living' tattoos and armor embedded in his skin.]
Yar yar yar yar, this can be ooc or a quote or whatever.
Image Credits!

Messages In This Thread
Morning Songs - by God of the Earth - 05-25-2015, 08:55 AM
RE: Morning Songs - by Volterra - 05-25-2015, 12:35 PM
RE: Morning Songs - by Nyx - 05-25-2015, 12:53 PM
RE: Morning Songs - by Cirrus - 05-26-2015, 06:04 AM
RE: Morning Songs - by Cirrus - 06-07-2015, 07:13 AM
RE: Morning Songs - by Isopia - 05-26-2015, 11:10 AM
RE: Morning Songs - by Maren - 05-26-2015, 02:55 PM
RE: Morning Songs - by Thranduil - 05-26-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Morning Songs - by Zèklè - 05-27-2015, 01:03 AM
RE: Morning Songs - by Ampere - 05-27-2015, 01:32 AM