the Rift

[OPEN] Wake me from the nothing I've be come...

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
Kaj
the Stormbringer

It was painful to see her attempts at a smile dwindle away so quickly, to know that whatever plagued her he could not truly fix. Though his intentions were honorable, and she undoubtedly supported her son in his quests, Kaj was still helping to spirit Ilios away from her. Did she despise him for that? It was a sickening thought, and it dropped in his stomach like a stone. He braced himself for her expression, but the tears that glazed her pretty face were too hard to bear, and his own face crumpled in quiet understanding of her pain and distress.

Nodding he allowed her to turn away from him, attempt to compose herself. Kaj had met quite a few independent mares, had grown up in a world that labeled them the dominant sex, and he would not invade the privacy she so clearly sought. It would not only be inappropriate but wholly cruel, and so he waited for her stability to return, completely motionless and silent. No matter how badly he wanted to move forth, embrace her, do something to ease the suffering that was so clearly communicated to him on her expressive features.

Her faith in him, verbally declared, was all that kept him still instead of apologizing and whisking himself away. Perhaps that meant she did not despise him for aiding Ilios in his departure, did not blame him somehow for - what? Making her family more liable to fall apart at the seams? It felt as if it was his own fault somehow, and that was a painful thing to feel. He ruminated on the emotion nonetheless. If it was his fault, then he deserved to feel the shame that lingered in his breast and trailed like acid down his throat.

In a whirl she turned to him, and Kaj jolted at first but stepped forward to catch her as she stumbled blindly into his chest. Wings arced forward and up, shielding and lightly embracing her in turn as words fell like bloodied rain from her lips. Pity and sympathy welled like ocean waves in his azure eyes, gazing down at the distraught woman. "You will live. You are strong, Parelia. Just as you raised Ilios to be strong." Kaj inhaled deeply, trying to summon the right words, anything to cease her tears. Quickly he dropped his muzzle to the spot between her ears in an attempt at physical comfort. Though his wings could shield her physically, protect her privacy from those who'd judge her for her tears, he could not protect her emotionally from her own turmoil.

"You will never be alone. I promise you that. Ilios is not leaving forever, he will always be free to visit, and I am here for you as well. Ciceron and Areli, myself...we will make sure you are never lonely," he vowed, not sure what merit or weight his words held for her but speaking them nonetheless. As she retreated, Kaj let his wings do the same, summoned back to his sides as she rediscovered the inner strength he'd spoken of. The primaries of one wing flicked in errant dismissal of her apology, for she needn't utter it. Not to him.

"I'm honored, that you feel safe with me. There is no need for apologies," the Czar assured with a timid, almost boyish smile. Wherever, whenever and however she needed him, Kaj would be there. He'd somehow become tied into her family, and it would only hurt her more to forcefully extract himself from it.

OOC
IMAGE CREDIT

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wake me from the nothing I've be come... - by Kaj - 06-22-2015, 01:01 AM