Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri</style>
in this world full of people there's one killing me
and if we only die once i wanna die with you
</style>

I stood staring at the golden stallion as he said that he would be happy to meet my patrol partners. It made me wish more fervently for them to arrive and be there with me. I didn't like being alone at the Heart with a stallion that I only knew from a brief and extremely unpleasant visit to the Basin. I guess I could have said that my partners would be glad to meet him for the sake of being polite, but my tongue suddenly felt like it was stuck to the roof of my mouth. I cast a quick glance toward the sky, hoping to see someone in the distance, but the sky was devoid of other pegasus. Finally, I introduced myself and asked who he was because I couldn't, for the life of me, remember his name. I just remembered his voice and the way he looked.

"I am Thranduil and- Apologies. Tolo."

When he looked past me into the caves I frowned because I didn't want to look away from him, but I was curious about what was behind me lurking in the darkness. I couldn't ignore the natural instinct to look and see what was behind me so I turned ... and when I suddenly saw the eyes in the darkness I flinched. The feathers on my wings puffed and my hooves shuffled, taking me away from the mouth of the cave. I swear my heart was beating in my throat. I felt utterly foolish when a deer came prancing out of the caves. I snorted my displeasure and looked back at Thranduil and the deer he called Haldir. My ears were halfway between laying flat against my head and tilted forward. "You did that on purpose..." I accused, though I had no way of proving it. It was just a hunch.

The look on his face shifted again, from confused to ... sadness? I think. Then he speaks.

"I am glad to find you, in fact."

"Why?"

"I mean I am glad to find you in better spirits."

If he knew about the nightmares that plagued my sleep he would have eaten his words, but I stayed silent.

"Gaucho seemed to comfort you, and I'm afraid I was in a rough state."

What did he mean that he was in a rough state? And why mention Gaucho offering me comfort? Was he trying to say that he would have to comfort me if he had been in better shape? If so what made him think that I would want him to? I hadn't even wanted my Aunt to touch me, so why would I let a perfect stranger? The only one I had wanted was Gaucho...

...I needed to say something, the silence was getting a little too drawn out.

"Gaucho seemed to not like you very much." I finally replied because I was unwilling to to admit just how much Gaucho meant to me to a stallion that my Sultan didn't seem to care for. Every instinct in my body was screaming 'Snake!' I felt like he was poking and prodding for information about Gaucho or maybe the Throat... whatever it was I was uncomfortable.

"."
@[Thranduil]

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
saving grace and killing me [patrol] - by Ranjiri - 05-25-2015, 09:59 PM
RE: saving grace and killing me [patrol] - by Ranjiri - 06-04-2015, 06:07 PM