the Rift

[OPEN] And this is how I shall start my life.

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
And we came forth to contemplate the stars

And who would you seek allegiance to, if you had no choice but to pick?

Isopia's head tilted towards the golden at the sound of his voice. Her own golden stare blinked thoughtfully, once again seemingly delighted by the depth of his words. Perhaps this walk wouldn't be so bothersome as she had first assumed it to be. Her quad horned head regarded the waters once again as she allowed her thoughts to coalescence around his query in her mind.

If she had to choose one ...

It certainly wouldn't be the Sun God. He was far too vain, too fickle. She had heard tales of his wickedness, his favouritism. His fire had devoured entire sections of their small little place on this world, and he had scalded those around him who dared withhold their fealty. He was power and he was light, and while both were certainly desirable, she didn't think she could ever give herself to the herd of the fiery deity. As for the God of the Spark? She hadn't really encountered him at all, hadn't heard much of him. He stayed in his palace of ice and snow, hiding in the timestreams and popping up when it was convenient for him. The girl didn't take him to be particularly careful with his dealings with mortals, nor bothered by their morality. Her shoulders visibly shrugged and her lips twitched as she dismissed the God of the Spark as being a candidate, at least at this time, for Karalius' hypothetical challenge.

Down to the Goddess and her Father.

Although her fealty should have immediately gone to the one who heaved her into being, she couldn't muster the familial emotions that likely would have guided the decisions of others.

"The Goddess, I think ... She initiated my birth. Without her actions, I would never have come to be." Nor would you without your Father... her mind silently countered, causing the demi-child's ears to fall backwards slightly. "But it isn't just that. We can't be slaves to the events that happened before we were. I've had a chance to speak with the Goddess ... after the murders of course, and listened to her reasons and justifications. She holds morality to a flame and burns away the decay and darkness. It burns and scalds, but what is left is made even more pure because of it. The other Gods punished her for what she did - some fled from the Edge to avoid her gaze - and yet? Yet? She succeeded in her efforts; she made Helovia better - " Helplessly the girl shrugged, inadequately communicating her thoughts.

"If I had to pick, I would stand beside a leader who is not afraid of making hard decisions, and seeing past the immediate pain of their actions. Sometimes we must do what is best for the whole, even at the sacrifice of the few."

Her gaze returned to the golden stag, now that she had articulated her decision. With a smirk, she shook her head slightly. "And yet I live in Falls with my Father." She voiced, almost with a laugh. Perhaps she was more swayed by familial obligations than she had originally taken herself to be.

[omg longest wait ever x.x]

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-26-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-26-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-27-2015, 04:19 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 05-27-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-01-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-06-2015, 04:05 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-12-2015, 08:08 AM
RE: And this is how I shall start my life. - by Karalius - 06-16-2015, 05:21 AM