the Rift

[OPEN] men in cloaks

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
If I had a heart I could love you
If I had a voice then I would sing

The Engineer had been stricken with unfamiliar pangs of heartache at Illynx’s disappearance and the loss of his son, removing himself further from the folds and veiling himself in brooding anonymity. Rarely did he look up from his work, not eager to be involved in the disaster that might befall him this time. Midas had fallen dead at his very hooves under his very watch, and that… that… curiosity, Essetia, had stayed his action. He stood before the scrutiny and accusation alone, hoping to lessen the blow of their loss with a machine. None of them cared, really. They were too lost in themselves, and the ordeal had shaken Ulrik to his very core. To say he was brooding now would be an understatement. Without his machines, the Engineer would be positively feral.

Having taken an even reprieve from tinkering, he went to a cave he shared with no one, leaning against a stone wall to support his slumber. It was barely restful. Bronze eyes would snap open and the lightest sound, rousing him from whatever nightmares his mind had concocted this time. The sky above was fast fading, the hues overhead a bloody reminder of yet another violent day. Those colors were soon eclipsed by Deimos, his silhouette unmistakable.

He raised a dark brow, expression otherwise unmoving. Rarely did anyone come seek him here, let alone their Lord. Ulrik had been Lord once. For a day, really. He hadn’t done much. Politics were his undoing, and he had fast elected Deimos to lead. Much better that he be the public figure than the Engineer, but considering that they both said very little at any given time, Ulrik was curious how Deimos managed operate so efficiently. Well, partially curious. As long as Deimos got the job done (which he did), Ulrik couldn’t give much of a shit.

Ulrik pushed himself off the wall and stood to his full height, wild, tangled hair falling around his masculine, bearded face. “You have it,” he returned simply, not needing so many words to achieve whatever task this was. He was curious, since this was such a rarity. What exactly did Deimos need at this time of day?

image credit

@[Deimos]

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
men in cloaks - by Deimos - 05-26-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: men in cloaks - by Ulrik - 05-28-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: men in cloaks - by Deimos - 05-29-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: men in cloaks - by Ulrik - 06-03-2015, 05:22 PM
RE: men in cloaks - by Deimos - 06-07-2015, 06:00 AM