the Rift

[OPEN] men in cloaks

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
If I had a heart I could love you
If I had a voice then I would sing

Ulrik was strange with his loyalties. Having never had family before now and never realizing what it was to belong to something, someone, he came across as callous and cruel. Time and existing in a herd had changed him, perhaps for the better. He would argue against that notion, thinking that feeling nothing was better than feeling the pain of loss – of the fact that his son was… gone. If he knew where they went, he would have followed, but he was woefully and sadly unaware. Chasing after a dream was foolish, and so he stayed with the remnants of what could have been and the voice of his son curiously speaking in his head.

Ophelia was wrong in a way, and right in others. He was cruel because he was without emotion. But, he was loyal because he secretly, desperately desired someone, anyone, to understand. At war with himself, he stuck to what he knew – machines. They did not question or argue. They did not try to love and leave him. They were right where he left them, obedient, beautiful and cold. Never could they tempt him with empty words and promises, and in that way, they were perfect.

Deimos was one of the few constants, and thus he had earned his loyalty. Ulrik could not imagine himself being anywhere else. Even d’Artagnan and all of his sass was considered (begrudgingly) a friend, and he pushed his body up from the wall and listened, interested at this gift from the Dragon’s Throat. Ophelia may have been many things, but she was skilled if she manipulated Gaucho into being their ally. Ulrik remembered the stallion from when he had crashed a herd meeting to collect on his metal, and he sensed the fire in their blood. It made him uncomfortable. That much flame was bound to explode.

Naturally, something had to be returned, and he nodded firmly. “I shall do so now,” he agreed. “Do you want me to deliver it alone, or should I wait for someone…?” he asked, knowing that he could weave on the move if necessary and save time. “I can leave now, if you want and have them made by the time I arrive.”

@[Deimos]

image credit

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
men in cloaks - by Deimos - 05-26-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: men in cloaks - by Ulrik - 05-28-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: men in cloaks - by Deimos - 05-29-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: men in cloaks - by Ulrik - 06-03-2015, 05:22 PM
RE: men in cloaks - by Deimos - 06-07-2015, 06:00 AM