Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
megaera

and the water is risin' quick
and for years I was scared of it
we can't be sure when it will subside
so I won't leave your side, no I can't leave your side
The Sultana stood upon a high dune, her coal-black eyes set northward. Her rare moments of dedicated introspection had increased tenfold in the weeks since Gaucho had raised her to this new title, and here, in the light of an Orangemoon morning, she took time for another. She surveyed the beautiful sands that stretched from her feet to the shimmer of water on the horizon. ’Home.’, she thought, ’Mine to protect and to cherish.” But in order to do fulfill her duties she must leave it for a short time and venture beyond what she could see to the lands beyond.

She had put off her trip as long as possible; the invasion was well over by now and the Throat needed to reaffirm ties with all three of the northern herds. Megaera had to go and be a leader, a diplomat, and that made her more nervous that any battle would. Despite Gaucho’s faith and the Sun God’s instructions, there was more that a small part of the rookie Sultana that wanted to pass this task on to another and stay home where she was not quite so out of her depth. Ampere had brought news of the new leaders of the Edge and neither of the two new kings were characters she was keen to meet again and the leads of the Basin and the newly reformed Falls were just as intimidating, but she must go and meet with all six. She had clung to Mordecai and Einarr, her perfect excuse not to leave the Throat, but it had been several days since their return to the Veins of the Gods and she could delay no longer. She would have to leave tonight, but for now she would take a few hours for herself and her family

The bay turned to look down the sloping dune to the Oasis behind her, mentally shoving her worries to the back of her mind. Her daughter played just below and before she put on the mantle of Sultana, she was determined to just be Meg, to just be ‘Mai’ “Mordecai!” she called out playfully, exuberantly, and plunged herself down the dune. With wings spread, she half ran, half coasted down the incline, laughing as she went.

Tags: @[Mordecai]
Notes: Mom/Daughter quality time!!!
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Mordecai Posts: 77
Aurora Basin Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
Megaera & Mordecai
maybe i need the cracks in my skin, emotions are hard to carry
maybe i need the strength in your eyes to cut through the morning time

For the most part Mordecai was used to her mother and father being busy, such was the life of a Sultana and a warrior. She had found ways to entertain herself while they were gone, though she was sure that Megaera would be unhappy if she knew that Mordecai's entertainment involved sneaking out of the Throat. And Ab-ruh-haaam. She rather enjoyed talking to the older boy and trying to teach him her language. It was quite funny how he butchered some of the words that she found so easy to say. Unfortunately Abraham wasn't anywhere around and she'd spent most of the day wandering around, pretending not to be searching for him.

"Mordecai!"

The young girl spun around when she heard her name called and watched as her mother, mai, slid down a dune toward her. Behind her, in the spray of sand, she glimpsed the fiery body of something smiliar to what had been following her around. “Mai!” She called out happily, her own thin legs carrying her toward the dune that her mother slid down. She waited at the bottom for Meg and when she finally made it the filly's ears tilted back against her head. “Where you go?” She half asked, half demanded in the native tongue that she'd been learning. Abraham had taught her a little bit while she'd taught him some of her own language.

“Athtihar.” She said as she turned to look at the fiery cougar that stood gazing at her. “Fini hazi?” Then she looked at the one that was following her mother. “You too.”

“.”

ooc://
Translation:
athtihar: look
fini hazi: whats that?

Lines and shading by BronzeHalo
the emptiness that we confess in the dimmest hour of day
in Automatown they make a sound like the low sad moan of prey

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
megaera

and the water is risin' quick
and for years I was scared of it
we can't be sure when it will subside
so I won't leave your side, no I can't leave your side
It was such a lovely thing, Meg thought, the sight of the black filly running toward her. The girl was all laughter and spunk and willfulness from the dark whiskers on her nose to the fluffy white of her tail and Meg loved every bit of her. It was alarming, sometimes, just how fiercely she had come to love her adopted daughter (it had come on so fast so strong that none could have escaped its force) but for that blessing the Sultana would be forever grateful. Everytime her ears heard the little shout of ”Mai!” her heart turned over once again and she counted her lucky stars.

“Mordecai.” She said again as she reached the bottom of the dune where her little girl waited, and the adoration was plain in the quiet set of syllables. The bay reached out to drape her neck over the filly’s and pull her in for a quick embrace before the girl could squirm away. Almost immediately though, the girl was cocking her head up and firing off questions. “I am sorry, nhizi anni.” She said with an affectionate tug on the little black forelock. “The Gladiator returned from the north and Zhokwa Vorsa and I had to speak with her.”

“Athtihar.” Mordecai instructed, and Megaera followed her gaze to the fiery creature that meg had not seen properly before as her eyes had only been for her daughter. For half a moment Meg’s face fell into distress and her ears lowered as before her very gaze flitted the memory of Einarr smashing the head of a very similar cat. In the same heartbeat, the fiery caracal raced that trailed Meg raced at the cougar in the guise of an attack but as the memory faded from the mare’s mind the smaller cat took a great leap over the cougar’s back and began to prance and tumble around it in play. “Yes, I have one too.” She said, shaking off her momentary lapse. “They are tokens from Shekh Vojjor. He sends things like them from time to time when he is pleased with us. One time he put flames in everyones wings, just like Zhokwa Vorsa has.” She paused to look down at the girl, all smiles once again and spoke with the all-knowing ‘mom voice’ “Tell me, nhizi anni, fini ray yer kash yeri Mai e eshna gache?”

Notes:
Translations:
nhizi anni - my raven girl (pet name for Mordi)
Zhokwa Vorsa - big fire (Gaucho)
Shekh Vojjor - Sun God
Fini ray yer kash yeri Mai e eshna gache - what have you been up to while your mother has been away (Well, i mean something close to that this ain’t on google translate ya know and Meg’s not super fluent so it works IC anyway lol)
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::