Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
megaera

and the water is risin' quick
and for years I was scared of it
we can't be sure when it will subside
so I won't leave your side, no I can't leave your side
It was such a lovely thing, Meg thought, the sight of the black filly running toward her. The girl was all laughter and spunk and willfulness from the dark whiskers on her nose to the fluffy white of her tail and Meg loved every bit of her. It was alarming, sometimes, just how fiercely she had come to love her adopted daughter (it had come on so fast so strong that none could have escaped its force) but for that blessing the Sultana would be forever grateful. Everytime her ears heard the little shout of ”Mai!” her heart turned over once again and she counted her lucky stars.

“Mordecai.” She said again as she reached the bottom of the dune where her little girl waited, and the adoration was plain in the quiet set of syllables. The bay reached out to drape her neck over the filly’s and pull her in for a quick embrace before the girl could squirm away. Almost immediately though, the girl was cocking her head up and firing off questions. “I am sorry, nhizi anni.” She said with an affectionate tug on the little black forelock. “The Gladiator returned from the north and Zhokwa Vorsa and I had to speak with her.”

“Athtihar.” Mordecai instructed, and Megaera followed her gaze to the fiery creature that meg had not seen properly before as her eyes had only been for her daughter. For half a moment Meg’s face fell into distress and her ears lowered as before her very gaze flitted the memory of Einarr smashing the head of a very similar cat. In the same heartbeat, the fiery caracal raced that trailed Meg raced at the cougar in the guise of an attack but as the memory faded from the mare’s mind the smaller cat took a great leap over the cougar’s back and began to prance and tumble around it in play. “Yes, I have one too.” She said, shaking off her momentary lapse. “They are tokens from Shekh Vojjor. He sends things like them from time to time when he is pleased with us. One time he put flames in everyones wings, just like Zhokwa Vorsa has.” She paused to look down at the girl, all smiles once again and spoke with the all-knowing ‘mom voice’ “Tell me, nhizi anni, fini ray yer kash yeri Mai e eshna gache?”

Notes:
Translations:
nhizi anni - my raven girl (pet name for Mordi)
Zhokwa Vorsa - big fire (Gaucho)
Shekh Vojjor - Sun God
Fini ray yer kash yeri Mai e eshna gache - what have you been up to while your mother has been away (Well, i mean something close to that this ain’t on google translate ya know and Meg’s not super fluent so it works IC anyway lol)
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: the sand that we love and the sun that loves us - by Megaera - 06-08-2015, 10:05 PM