the Rift

[OPEN] we do the oligarchy shuffle [LEADS]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

this is gospel
for the fallen ones

Like two arcing arrows they rose to meet one another, tips embedded deep into the earth where each pacing beast was caged, a line drawn unseen between the two. Analyzing one another, swollen and crested into peak condition and intimidation. Though Kaj was uncomfortable that she had entered and technically gone across the borders, he was in that moment more concerned with the fears that had lingered at the back of his mind on the hurried flight over. After a few tense minutes they both eased, recognition of sand and surf on her pelt, a home that Kaj had once called his own a very, very long time ago. His heart ached with memory of Tandavi and her mother, of Kri and Onni. Times had changed, their memories held only in distant echoes for many. The Throat had moved on, grown even stronger, but Kaj would forever remember his two seasons of life in that desert landscape. There was no way he could forget the scent, and it lingered on Megaera's coat regardless of travel distances.

Together they receded, waves reaching back to the ocean, and managed smiles and pleasantries. Kaj watched her head descend in respectful acknowledgment, and he awaited it to begin to rise for him to display his own repetition of the motion. "The pleasure is mine, Megaera. I will keep your magic in mind, all is forgiven for such a simple misunderstanding," he chuckled smoothly, eyes warm seas of cobalt as they fell upon the shorter mare. Kaj was used to looking down, physically, upon those in Helovia. He'd think no less of her for her stature, for it had nothing to do with her abilities as a Sultana. As she is speaking her purpose for her arrival, the man of the hour approaches, quiet and steady.

Ah, so he hadn't disappeared. Kaj thought nothing beyond that, flicking an ear and a glance at the behemoth in returned greeting. Archibald announced himself in a quiet baritone, and Kaj turned his attention back to Megaera, a warm quiet smile on his maw in contrast to the dark stoicism of his partner. The brute could call him emotional all he wished, it was better than living life constantly brooding and lonely. Attention was directed to more professional matters, and Kaj held his silence, finding no other words necessary when Archibald dictated them already. Perhaps something in Kaj recognized the newness Megaera hid relatively well, but he found himself almost regretful on behalf of the Sultana and her visit. Another time, he idly comforted himself. Whether that would hold true was questionable, however.

The companion had drawn Kaj's eye, but he only offered a wry grin in response to her words. "Most companions do not, I'm afraid. I assume that's why the gods have not deigned to give me companionship," he said frankly. It hurt his soul far more deeply than he would admit, and he certainly would never show it. But it was just another reminder of his loneliness, and he pushed it stubbornly away. Ignored and boxed up as it always was.

@[Megaera]

Image Credit
Code: Time & Neo

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
we do the oligarchy shuffle [LEADS] - by Megaera - 05-26-2015, 11:45 PM
RE: we do the oligarchy shuffle [LEADS] - by Kaj - 05-31-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: we do the oligarchy shuffle [LEADS] - by Kaj - 06-14-2015, 08:00 PM