the Rift

[OPEN] wam bam, thank you mam

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds

What a peaceful way to spend the morning after a long, pleasant night of kissing the stars…

Only, I wasn’t kissing stars last night, or even mares for that matter… and I hadn’t had a good night, though it had been exceptionally long. I mean, watching tiny slivers of moonlight press through the canopy overhead –it was every female’s dream- was probably the most mundane thing I’d ever done. Oh, and don’t forget the soft night song of the crickets and the toads (I mean frogs) and lest I overlook the whimsical howls of some nearby wolf pack. I was practically Shakespeare -thinking of versus and writing down rhymes about long lost tragedies that weren’t even mine- except that I wasn’t and the whole situation sucked ass.

Let’s get one thing straight Helovia: I haven’t been here long enough to find your attempts at wooing me to be convincing. I need a little more substance and I’m definitely not a cheap- you already know where I’m going. I just need one encounter or one creature that’s worth any of my time or effort, and honestly… I’m getting a bit lonely. If you think about it, loneliness has a voracious appetite. At first it’s just a little somethin’-somethin’ that turns into this monstrous ache in the pit of your stomach and, where once I could sate it with vague promises of companionship, it had truly grown too large for my bluffs any longer.

I guess that’s how I’d ended up at the beach again with the pale morning light flooding in from the horizon like some fuckin’ Picasso piece. It wasn’t really vibrant as much as abstract with the waters distorting the angles of color that dipped and rose up and over the waves, but at least it was something soothing for sore eyes (literally). I was exhausted, stressed out, and a bit grouchy (even to my own tastes), yet here I was looking to ride out another day… or wave if we’re getting “punny”.

The white-washes sands stretched out like an expansive runway (which had I not been so off-put, I would have enjoyed) and if one looked off into the distance they could see the beginnings of a warm autumn day. It was nice to look at I guess, what with the fading of pinks and purples meshing into what would soon become blues and whites. Morning was a good time to admire things… even if I hated mornings myself.

As I ambled down the beach, dragging my toes in the sand as I went (though probably not in the way you’re thinking), I decided to approach the water’s edge. The tides lapped against the shore in a steady, beating rhythm that made me want to close my eyes again, and at some point maybe I would, but for a while I was content to watch the surf. I’d never seen fish or whales or marine life at all for that matter since I’d arrived here. For some reason that was incentive enough to keep staring (or snoozing) out at an eternity that didn’t really seem to be an eternity anymore.

Atlas

image credits

@[Syrena]

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The dragonmare found the lull of the ocean as inspiring as the stallion did, yet she did not mind the dull boredom it sung within her - that was preferable to the endless thoughts that otherwise wanted to crash about in her head. Her home would always be just that - a home - but right now, she felt as if she did not deserve it. It was all her own doing - she had sought to do what she thought was good at the time, but she had failed, she had tripped at the finish line, denounced herself of her own claim and shamed herself in front of the leaders of just about every herd in the land. She was afraid to hear what they thought of her, afraid to hear that they might hate her, or mock her, laugh at her.. Just as they had when she was younger. Not her family - never her family - but every new soul she met had looked at her funny, thought her a monster, and wanted to flee from her no sooner than when they recognised the dragon's blood in her veins. She had gotten over that - and suddenly she found herself fearing that they would hate her not for how she looked, but what she had done as well. She had behaved shamefully, and that shame was a great weight upon her shoulders - she was sure that everyone saw it and laughed at her for it. How could they not? How could they do anything but ridicule her for what she had done, and how she had done it?

So the dragonmare wandered away from her home, away from the jeers and mocks (that weren't ever there to begin with), away from the shame and the guilt, and let her mind be carried away by the ever changing ocean in front of her. The Sun rose behind her, illuminating the sky through its midnight-indigo-blue change, removing the stars that had patterned it that night. Orangemoon was turning into Frostfall - and yet the mare was not cold as the chilly morning wind picked up sandy particles and threw them at her limbs, she did not shiver even as the incoming tide lapped at her fetlocks.

Maybe it was the rising sun, or maybe it was the changing scents that the breeze brought, but the mare found herself walking soon after, her mind still with the ocean (though her sights beheld before her the lands she was born to, the lands she had claimed she had birthright too, the lands she had tried but failed to help). It was with a bit of surprise that she was brought out of her reverie to view the starry hide of the stallion - it was little wonder she had not noticed him before. How long had he been standing there? But, then, she had wandered a fair way down the beach - the Sun had just completely departed itself from the horizon behind them - he could have been there the whole time, and she would not have seen him. The dragonmare paused her step, before allowing a soft smile to cross her features. She knew him, and the memory of their meeting brought some small amusement to her breast. "Atlas," she purred in greeting to him, nodding her tiara once, as if asking permission to join him on his sandy sentinel duties. "How are you faring?" Truly, at their last meeting, she wasn't sure whether she should tell him to turn around and return to whatever land it was he came from or wrap him up in bubble wrap and pray for the best - he was still alive now, though, so surely that meant something.

Hope it's ok to pop Amaris in here? :3 @[Atlas]
Amaris
minicooper93402 @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
Syrena
let the water take me
The drama of mortals, whether she was technically one of them now or not, drove her outside of the Falls for the first time in a long time. She had no desire to stand there among the squabbling remnants of several herds, no desire to get any closer to their new kings than she had at the meeting. Not a single one interested her there now and she was, if she dared admit it, missing Essetia and even Ghost. The only two interesting souls she had found so far here in Helovia. Others had caught her eyes, yes, but Syrena was used to such fleeting friendships. She was built to have momentary attractions, to be caught up in a specimen that was strong and beautiful (especially the latter) that she could ensnare.

Helovia was a strange place and she had not yet worked out her new niche here - or how to apply her old niche to this place. That would, of course, be the preferred option.

She felt as though she could feel herself age, a little more every day. Would the effects of mortality start to be noticeable on her without the lush substance of souls to rejuvenate her as she grew weary?

In the night, she had wandered. There had been no conscious decision to head one way or another but she knew where her legs would take her. The one place that she would always find her way to no matter what strange land the siren wandered into. The sea.

And as dawn approached she began to drift closer to where the water met the sand, the waves calling to her. Her sleek grey skin tingled as she watched the faint sunlight highlight the young waves, her entire body yearning to be completely enveloped in that grey body of water. Would she see any of her dead sisters today? Would they give her another gift? They had already given her so much, it wouldn’t be fair of her to ask for more. But there would be no swimming nor sister-meeting today, the sound of a voice further down the beach caught her attention.

Turning a scaled head, she spied two creatures - not the ordinary, boring creatures that populate this area but something different. One was familiar and the other… was fascinating. Syrena’s curiosity, ever her Achilles Heel, compelled her to actually move toward them. She followed the line of the water and sand, allowing her hooves to walk enough in the water so that it kissed just above her hooves - sending her ankles into a kaleidoscope of greens and blues with every surge of water around them.

She stopped just a little farther away than what would have been polite, careful to maintain that boundary between her body and theirs. “I remember you.” Served as her greeting, a blunt statement in her silken voice to the male. He had caught her eye before, she remembered, on this very beach. “But not you.” Her voice was less blunt now, a small purring note entering it. Syrena had scales, yes - they adorned her legs, belly and spine but the mare (was it a mare?) near her now was absolutely covered. It was a bitter pill to swallow that she was the less captivating of the three - at least while her body remained untouched by water. How she could shine with them if she willed it.

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

LOOK AT THIS SEXY TRIO

@[Atlas]

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds

Was it any surprise that I’d found solace by the sea or was it only surprising that I’d attracted a companion? Ah, so many lonesome nights and equally lonely days had to come to an end eventually right? It was almost a blessing to lay eyes on the beautiful creature who had occupied my thoughts since we’d first met. To see the gold-trimmed mare with the wings of a dragon, cloaked in the fine veil of the morning sun, was like sipping a cup of fine wine after years of having nothing to wet the tongue. At first it tasted bitter, foreign even, but the second nip was like trying to savor one’s breath while drowning. It was exotic, exciting, and best of all… welcome.

At some point before her arrival I had pressed into the surf wanting more than anything for it to carry me away to a strange world I’d never seen. I enjoyed such fantasies about the great unknown and even Helovia could not quench my thirst for wanderlust. I’d encountered many things in the past that varied from women and gold to endless nights under the stars. Yet even then I felt more at ease knowing I had the open road under my feet and no purpose in which to satisfy. Perhaps it was only that continuity that sated my desires or the fact that I never had to pledge fealty to anyone other than my own person. Helovia was entirely different. It was a land that upheld the hierarchy and worshipped Gods still unseen. But what were Gods if they did not answer your prayers? What were Gods if they did not set you upon a righteous path?

All of it seemed so vague and insignificant when I thought about it because I was still very much lost in a land that so cherished a sense of belonging.

However, when I found my stared fixed on the hybrid called Amaris, I did not feel so mindless. Maybe it was the way she regarded me –with certainty and assurance- or maybe I was just another fool spellbound by the pure mystery of her. She was obviously an old soul, a tactful woman who possessed as much beauty as wisdom. However, her wisdom was carried not so much in her eyes or her speech, but in the soft lines of her face and the fluidity of her gait. Before she was close enough to break words with me I smiled absently to myself while listening to the ocean waves as they crashed against my knees, rushing headlong toward the shore. What did she see when she looked at the man I wore so effortlessly upon my sleeve? Had I garnered the armor of deception easily enough to make her believe I was strong?

At last the suckling of the sand gave away her nearness and I turned once more to face her. “Amaris,” I acknowledged easily. “I’m as well as you left me, but -,” I leaned in a bit closer for emphasis, “- it looks as though you’ve been following me,” I accused with a hearty laugh. It had been quite some time since I’d last accompanied her in –where was it? The Meadow? The Fields?- well, it didn’t matter now. I was happy enough that she’d come to find me whether or not it was by chance. “You definitely look well. I can only hope you are even better than the last time I saw you,” I confessed readily.

While I was content to stare at the dragon-child unabashed, I was less than enthused to learn that another had slipped almost soundlessly –well maybe not soundlessly given the roaring of the waves- into our midst. As if I’d somehow prayed to the Gods and they’d answered, I turned from Amaris to find the regal image of the mare I’d pursued during the hot summer tasks. Ah, but she’d never spoken her name and that was a crime I’d see remedied. Her wide, blue eyes, rimmed in dark lashes seemed to swallow me whole as she attempted to puzzle my identity together. When it appeared that she’d come to some half-hearted conclusion, she spoke –and what a charming six words she shared. At least she wasn’t afraid to own her primitiveness. Maybe that was the reason behind our short, if nonexistent, conversation so many months ago. Clearly the nameless mare was a woman of few words. “And what do you remember of me?” I rallied- intent on dissecting her claims.

It would seem that Helovia had changed her mind about me. I guess she’d heard my woes and finally decided to grant them twofold… Now I was a man surrounded by enchanting, beautiful women.

Atlas

image credits

@[Syrena] @[Amaris]

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow