the Rift

[OPEN] A Realm for the Free

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Ki'irha
I am too fond of the stars || To be fearful of the night.
The midnight mare had never been touched by magic before. To begin the journey, the doctor had offered to help her with his gift. With what she could only describe as a gentle kiss on her shoulder, it began to take effect. She felt a warmth blossom in her muscles. Like roots, it planted itself into her, rushing her veins and digging deep into her tissues and bones. Initially her knees trembled, but then the strength dripped in like drops off of an icicle in early spring. It build up in her hocks, filling her entire body in a glowing warmth. A glimmer returned to her eyes. Her stomach felt full, the raging hunger settling. Her leonine tail flicked and coiled around her hind legs. Though her bones still protruded, she felt rejuvenated and whole. She reared back, her long thin legs raking the air. She sprang forward, kicking out, and dashed in a circle around d'Artagnan. For a moment she was a wild filly, and she felt wonderful. She came to a bouncing halt, shaking her head, a flurry of white waves splashing over the nape of her neck. A light laugh escaped from her maw.

"Oh, my darling, thank you!" She exclaimed. "You have quite a gift."

The walk was long, and gradually the air grew colder. She picked along rocky foot paths, being careful to avoid lodging small bothersome stones between the cloves of her hooves. They stopped several times to sip from babbling streams, and chew on the greenery along their trail. But she noted the further north they went, how the soft green plants became tough and woody to survive the harsh cold she was told was waiting in the Basin.

Her guide told her about the gods that protect the lands. The God of Time was their patron. She had only heard stories if gods interacting with unicorns, but they always seemed bursting with fantasy and far from fact, so she never believed. But the tone in his voice - was it hostility? - was enough warning for her to heed his words.

He discussed the leaders, a lord and a lady, of the Aurora Basin. There seemed to be order and ranks in this herd, which she would have to get used to. He listed off the disciplines.

"I know how to fight," she said, "But the art of medicine and healing has always interested me. I share the same loves of my parents, despite their differences. I would hate to have to pick one, but I suppose decisions will have to be made." A job may create a further purpose, and being an asset may make it difficult to be forced away.

He shared more history of the herd, including a recent war. War, though it brings a heavy price, was necessary. Sometimes fighting was a requirement for peace, and killing a requirement for life. Nothing was black and white, and the world was easily painted in shades of beautiful and painful grey.

The air grew cold, and bit at her flanks. She had never known cold like this, but was sure she could adapt to it. Especially with Frostfall approaching, she wouldn't have much time to do so. The hellhound reappeared, and remained close for the rest of the trip. "Your dog, is he your pet? I've never seen a creature like him." As she questioned him, he noticed they had come to a stop. Colors twisted in the air. The landscape stretched far before them.

Welcome to the Aurora Basin, d'Artagnan announced. It was beautiful.

"Thank you," she smiled. "Your home is beautiful. I've never seen anything like it. Perhaps you can introduce me to your herd mates, so when I wander they don't mistake me for an intruder." Her stormy eyes looked to the sky. "Also," she began, shifting her weight side to side awkwardly, "What lives here? What race calls this land home? Is there a mix, or is it just those like us?" Though an uncomfortable question, she was honestly curious.

@[d'Artagnan]
Image Credit
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
A Realm for the Free - by d'Artagnan - 05-30-2015, 10:40 AM
RE: A Realm for the Free - by Ki'irha - 05-30-2015, 07:40 PM
RE: A Realm for the Free - by d'Artagnan - 06-01-2015, 05:30 PM
RE: A Realm for the Free - by Ki'irha - 06-01-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: A Realm for the Free - by d'Artagnan - 06-07-2015, 03:09 PM