the Rift

[OPEN] A Realm for the Free

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
He had watched her antics back in the Threshold and he was reminded briefly of just how young she looked. Her serious seeming attitude was older than the mere few years on her physical looks, but the wild gesture was quite enough for the shade to see that his magic had indeed worked. It had been so long since he’d used the power, it was like brushing dust off a book that he already knew all the words that came in it and he recited it perfectly to restore her back to this prancing form. When she had thanked him he had quite simply nodded before heading north, not really used to compliments he rather brushed over her thanks and blundered off. If only the world was full of white-maned Ki’irha’s then things wouldn’t be so bad.

They travelled and he was pleased to learn of her interest in his own discipline. A while ago, d’Artagnan couldn’t care less if others took up healing or not, he didn’t particularly like the art himself and didn’t feel like forcing it on his kin. The shade liked healing for the closeness to the heart and how easy it was for him to rob life from the already vulnerable. Everyone trusted the healer? Right? A soldier had to fight to kill, a soldier was a suspect, a Doctor however was generally more trusted and is often handed a heart on a plate. It was easy, he liked it and it was different from what he had been taught. Of course, it was the Plague that had placed the role upon him, or Mauja to be exact. The idea of being something other than a soldier had never occurred to him until he met Mauja six years ago. "If healing is what you decide to do I can aid you in that" he nodded before a thought occurred to him and he grimaced "though if I’m too scary there’s a bay mare with a fox friend called Lena who can also help you". Sweet and innocent Lena, the perfect picture of what a healer should be, not twisted and corrupt. If only he’d been born her brother.

"My guard" he corrected before Aramis had chance to throw a mucky look in response to the word ‘pet’. "He’s a dog of hell and is bonded to me. It’s a strange phenomenon that happens here. One day you’re on your own, the next you have some strange animal following you around that breathes fire and talks to you in your head. At least, that happened to me. Maybe it will happen to you" he shrugged. Although the Nightshade liked to think he had earned his hellion servant, he had fought off a boggart for it after all whilst the rest had failed in fruitless endeavours to defeat the thing. He had quite literally conquered his fears to be rewarded with Aramis.

On arrival she commented on their home and he vaguely nodded. It was alright; the beauty of it had worn off on him by now though the sparkling Borealis was still something to be gawked at. "Most here are unicorns I doubt you’ll have much trouble fitting in. There is the odd one or two hybrids" the words fell off his tongue in grim disgust before he continued "but for the most part the only creature you will find is the horned kind."

Then he paused, remembering a bit of advice he was meant to give earlier but had forgotten, "Frostfall is around the corner and the Basin has a reputation for being snowed in. I would find a cave as soon as you can, it will keep you warm and alive" even the Doctor who was now quite hardy and used to cold winters sheltered in his cave much of Frostfall.

@[Ki'irha]
D: Sorry for the delay!
Built with a heart, broken from the start
and now I die slow

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
A Realm for the Free - by d'Artagnan - 05-30-2015, 10:40 AM
RE: A Realm for the Free - by Ki'irha - 05-30-2015, 07:40 PM
RE: A Realm for the Free - by d'Artagnan - 06-01-2015, 05:30 PM
RE: A Realm for the Free - by Ki'irha - 06-01-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: A Realm for the Free - by d'Artagnan - 06-07-2015, 03:09 PM