the Rift

saints just swimming in our sins again

Grimalkin Posts: 50
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Whit
It was quite interesting, this charade of a herd meeting. Grimalkin had attended one before, one where an enemy of the herd was announced, where they were all united against a common threat, a promise of bloodshed or something… But this? This was a farce, a castle built by sand, great and domineering, knocked down by a child's tantrum. Emeraldine eyes watched it all unfold before him, his thoughts silent, his expression unreadable. Antlers barely moved as his attention flitted from member to member, recognising a few (not recognising most), his ears swivelled amongst his thick blonde threads, capturing all that was to be said.

It was amazing what one could learn through mere observation. The effects of disloyalty, of betrayal, it seemed, were harsh - and Grimalkin was glad to learn this lesson through observation rather than direct experience. The steed himself was not the most loyal lad, but he was smart, he knew how to play his cards and come out on top - so far, anyway. He was playing the conservative role for now, keeping his game close to his heart, folding to the better players until he knew he had the winning hand. He would be the loyal servant of the herd, albeit a mostly silent one for now, until he knew he could succeed otherwise.

The effects of appointing potentially unsuitable leaders and expecting the greater gathered to embrace them was another lesson. Seek the opinions of others, the young steed learned, though he didn't know just what each and every member had been through, he certainly learned a lot about that today too. Arah's claims were pitiful - was she truly the enchanting damsel he had found under the Arch? The beautiful nymph who he danced with beneath the curious lights of the icy glacier? Now he saw another side to her - the foolish, hormonal, childish side, the side who walked out of the room lest she hear herself corrected by her senior, the side who shattered what little adoration the stallion might have found for her.

Still, he found himself amused by her actions, albeit quietly and only to himself.

The prince's form was off to the side, his dark roan hide recognisably related to their great liege and lord father, Deimos. With a grin the brute moved quietly, with surprising purpose and agility, to young Erebos' side, brushing a muzzle against the lad's shoulder in greeting, winking a chocolate eyelid to lighten the sombre tones of their predicament. Much like the boy, Grimalkin simply remained stoic and silent throughout - he would offer his opinion if it was asked, he would contribute if his voice was sought to be heard, but until then, he would not breath a word of what he thought, what he wanted, what he knew this herd needed.
grimalkin

ali00p | larfsalot
on deviantart

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Shaking the grogginess from her body the hybrid ambled forward from her cavern ears pinned in annoyance. Couldn't anyone actually shut the hell up for once? Voices carried up from the gathering below much to her utter annoyance and woke her from her nap. Bicoloured optics narrowed as she took in the scene consisting of the pile of lemmings otherwise known as her herd mates. Not all of them she considered apes but so far it was mainly those sporting testicles and huge ass know it all attitudes. Would it really kill them to tone it down a notch or two? Oh right, she forgot that would mean talking like civil adults which was way to advanced for their IQ levels. Totally impossible for those lemmings. Hell sometimes she wished that they were actually lemmings for then they could all run around and jump off a cliff to their certain doom for no reason at all.

Flicking her tail against her side the black mare made her way down to sit within the shadows listening to all the commotion and issues being thrown around. Much to her disappointment Ophelia had vanished leaving stupid and his dumb cousin (not that she knew if they are even related) to the crown. Great as if there wasn't enough drama without estrogen floating around to tame the frantic beasts. Stepping forward from her place within the darkness she emerged from her hiding place just enough so that others would make her presence known should anyone care to see it. More so as a reminder that she was still here and not going anywhere anytime soon. This was as much her home now as it was the rest of theirs, nothing she had done had compromised her loyalty to the Basin. Instead of speaking she chose to remain silent for once and speak only if necessary.

Casting her eyes over those who had shown she mentally made note of who stood where when it came to ranking. With everyone seeming so all over the place it was getting much harder to figure out who stood where. Eventually she would take up one of those ranks if they would even let her contribute. All she needed to know was where she was needed and where she would be the most use.

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
You had been summoned by a voice you hardly recognized, belonging to a man you hardly knew. The once you had met him you had withered beneath his icy gaze, missing something that had instantly set you on edge. Something was not right with him, in your opinion, but you had held your tongue, kept clear of the darkness that followed him wherever he stepped.

Until now.

With a distinct uneasiness you proceed, eyes sweeping across your gathering kin, recognizing only Arah and the man who bid you, standing between two, one golden boy, a patchwork girl, who he had only given name to seconds before. It holds little significance to you, even as you come to a standstill on the fringes of the group as had become habit, mismatched eyes passively watching those before you, surrounding you as more came to listen.

It is with disinterest that you listen to others speak, until the alabaster girl raises question to your lord’s words, clearly displeased. Your body sways towards her, your initial instinct to try and quell the anger raging within her, but it is not your place, and instead you remain in your position, brows furrowing as she continues. You know comparatively nothing of the history of this herd, nothing of the inner politics. Nothing of what she had done, and so you are indifferent to all of it.

More voices follow, some raised and others wishing well, speaking of their support. Still you remain silent, coming to the conclusion that your appearance is proclamation enough of your support.

* WHOOO CRAPPIEST POST EVER

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Johnny
LATE I’M LATE!

Well how was I supposed to know that the call was for everyone? I didn’t know that herd meetings were a thing! No one mentioned that to me and I feel like that would be a handy bit of information to have. I’d have to talk to my dashing tour guide later about that and suggest some small changes to his curriculum. It was good to know that d’Artagnan had some faults because it only made him more attractive. Gotta love a fixer-upper!

So now I have to dislodge my leg from the log at an even faster rate, all while this squirrel is just going NUTS on the tree branch of a spruce nearby. I mean, I don’t really have time to get into what led us here but trust me - it’s an amazing story. Remind me to tell it to you later on but now I really have to get moving. Eventually, I manage to wiggle my foreleg out of the hole and then it’s freedom! The squirrel is chattering away still, its fluffy black tail twitching all over the place. But listen man, I don’t have time to right the wrongs that just happened. Apparently, I have to go.

I blundered along as fast as I could and then finally, finally I find the big group of unicorns. Okay they really weren’t all that hard to spot. Look for the group of fantastically attractive strangers? Check. Oh man did I ever pick the right place to join. Maybe I owe d’Artagnan thanks, even if his introduction to this herd was a little lack lustre. Anyway, I’m looking for Mr-Tall-Dark-Dangerous but it’s sort of hard to find him because almost everyone is taller than I am and I keep getting distracted.

I’ve missed all of the yelling, I think. There were raised voices when I drew closer to the crowd but they seem to have died down.

There doesn’t seem to be much of anything happening right now but I figure I can’t press my way into the crowd without standing out and I’m not really sure I’m ready for that. So I find myself standing beside an antlered mare and I give her my most winningest of smiles though I’m finding that I’m not really sure whether I’m allowed to talk or not so I decide to stand inconspicuously beside her. Just a red and white and pink candy horse, notthinngg to see here.
I'm your sweet sugar Candyman
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!

@[Enna] just tagging you because of the mention <3 hope you don't mind!

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

Home

I am home.
Not for the wind,
for the winter or snow,
not for the howls of the fighting below,
not for the wicked, the torrid, the blows.

No, I am home
for the ones that I know

ASHAMIN
BEAUTY IS PERCEPTION

The journey had been long, but at last Ashamin was home. He had met many, and returned home perhaps with two of his company, but what he arrived home to, that was unexpected.

Apparently, in his absence spent lying in the lake, bleeding and twisting, crying and worrying, some sort of change had occurred. And he appeared now in its aftermath, his nose high with a sort of pride for how far he had wandered and the trophies (and scars) he had returned with, completely unaware of it all.

He could guess based on the mass of members and the fact that none of them were running or screaming that what he'd stumbled into was something organized, but the gathering still made him nervous. As if seeking comfort, he pressed his nose to the egg and let the whiskers on his nose tickle its shell. Still, it did not stir--still, it waited for the right moment to reveal itself.

Figuring that perhaps as a part of the herd he was meant to be with the group, following like a sheep, Ashamin settled in at the back of the crowd. This was something he would, as always, observe in silence. Unless called upon, which was the last thing he expected, he had nothing to do here but listen. But of course in the moment he had arrived, so too were several others. Among them, an antlered giant, the surprise of a winged mare, a candy-striped stallion, a bright eyed creature with silver hair, and a chestnut with a long tail not unlike Ashamin's own.

So this, the young buck thought, was his herd.

And when he lifted his gaze to see the figures that stood at its head--the dark stallion, the golden one he'd met before, and the younger two-toned mare--he swelled with pride. He knew very few here. Aside from the golden man and Rexanna and Lena, who he could see in the distance, he was in some ways alone. But all that aside, this gathering of great horned beings was his home, and he would never be more thankful for anything than that.

So he stepped forward, hanging back at the edge of the crowd with his tail low and his back leg bent at an awkward angle as it learned again to stand, and waited for wisdom to spring from the lips of those who he held dear.

He had seen nothing of the turmoil, nothing of the anger. Ashamin felt only love.

Beauty is Perception by FoxyFireWings
Table by Jen, with help from Avis

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli

tiamat</style>
we run like a river runs to the sea</style>

As it had turned out, Tiamat had wandered well away from the path to her intended destination. Although she had graced the shores of Helovia before, the years since her leave have not done well to preserve her memory—at least of the general locations. She remembers the mare who had initially taken her to Aurora Basin, and her infinite kindness, as well as the tall stallion who had mended people, and a filly with her pup. What has become of them she does not know, but hopes to see them again—along with the other members that call the Aurora Basin their home.

Home.

Her heart sings with the thought, the elation swelling in her body until it makes her light, lifting her steps with euphoric eagerness. It takes all the restraint in her body to not bounce, dance, and leap forward. Tiamat wants nothing but to run onward, to the Basin, to home, but her consideration for Ashamin’s wounds allows her to hold herself back. Still, her eagerness reveals itself in the prance of her step and the brightness of her eyes. If she were not held together by flesh and bone, the blue mare is sure she would be glowing like the sun.

With her nostrils curling in an exhale of breath, the unicorn’s white eyes drift upward, and a small smile charms her lips. I did it, mama. She hums joyfully to herself, to her mother sky who watches over her. If the people of Aurora Basin will have her, Tiamat intends to pick up the pieces that she had relinquished—to begin where she had left off. The desire to help, to contribute, to mend still rushes through her veins like her father’s waves rush her body. She would be truly honored to be given the opportunity to learn how to heal those around her.

Comforted by that thought, she returns her gaze to the snowy tundra, following Ashamin upwards to the arctic valley of their home. Before long, the white frost of winter gives way—revealing what Tiamat has waited so long to see. At the sight of the large gathering, her heart nearly leaps out of her chest as it races, her eyes widening with the smile along her lips. This is it!

She settles at Ashamin’s side, towards the back of the congregation. Despite the frigid chill, the blue mare feels warm with the happiness that ignites every fiber of her being. She does not relax, as quivering as she is with the suppression of her enthusiasm, and her gaze sweeps over the faces that she can see. And that’s when she sees her—the mare! The mare who had found her in the Threshold, and him! The tall blood-bay stallion. Tempted as she is to wander and say an eager hello, Tiamat does not. It would not be respectful to those whom all eyes seem trained towards, so she waits—waits and basks in the glowing delight of her heart, comforted by her mother’s gentle watch.

notes; I was told I could stick her in here with Ashamin, since she intends to rejoin AB. Hope it's okay! ^^
“Speech.”

credit
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
Eventually, after Hotaru was allowed and allotted her time, the rest of the herd fell into silence. No more outbursts, no more rage-induced meltdowns, no more petulant acts of ridiculousness; he permitted a breath to loosen from his chest, and filter through his lungs, harden into the coiled, chilling air. He stared over his herd, his brethren, his kin, some trickling in unknown and discarded, some familiar and beseeching – he nodded towards Tangere, casting aside all her old traces of bitterness for the world she clearly yearned to aid, towards the blue Tiamat wandering in beside an unknown lad – and he marveled at how many he didn’t know, how many he’d never seen. The knot of his transgressions slid down the notches of his spine, chiseled a firm resolve, and fastened the wanton anarchy winding its way along his heart. Eventually, he’d reach them, he’d implore them, he’d find a way to right all of these wrongs (building, piling, brimming, brick after brick, brew after brew; he’d made his own poisonous, toxic venom and swallowed it whole and now he had to find the antidote to all this lost time), but the opportunity would have to wait. The monster, conformed and consigned to a lifetime of patience, to seasons and months of composure, to stillness and death and demise, composed one sigh, before bridging, leaping, bounding over massive gaps, over molten sanctities, down into the abyss, down into the void, filtering and flickering upon the beasts before him: all those worthy, all those giving. How many times had they given themselves over to the winds, to the glaciers, to the peaks? How many times would they be asked to do it again – to venture into war, to wander into calamity, to conspire and deceive and massacre the masses threatening their doorsteps? He’d crown their hearts, he’d title their spirits, he’d anoint and consecrate their wisdom, their actions, their motivations and perseverance; rekindle the flames that had died within some of their vows. “Thank you for your attendance. We will settle the matter of ranks.” He proceeded, one by one, to list the names and their newfound wares (would these inspire and instigate a new round of bitterness, or foster some hope, some glory, for the pending future?) – chiseled his voice, rendering his vocals, into keen edges and bestial flames. He may have been deplorable, he may have been horrible, he may have been an abandoned, brutal discord, a blight upon the earth, but he wouldn’t allow his compatriots to leave their world unarmed. “Our Time Menders will be Lena and Enna.” The sinister gaze crossed over their frames, before moving on to the next legion of callings. “D’Art will be the new General, and Sialia and Ki’irha his Corporals.” A rise of warriors, a beckoning of soldiers – would the old Doctor be content with this role? The monster nearly smirked, but continued, pausing momentarily to fix his glare upon the cave where Arah and Ulrik nestled, on the words that would have to pass between all of them; on all the deserving rites they held despite launching into spiteful discourses. “Arah will be our Thief, with Roland and Grimalkin as her Impersonators. Ulrik will continue as Weaver with Johnny.” Finality finally reared its head, and the wish, the longing, to melt back into the shadows and forget this entire meeting ever happened buried and burrowed its way through his soul; he finished on the names of a God’s calling (waited to be blasted by some vicious electricity for these notions too – electrocution would bring a fine end to this gathering). “The Haruspex will be Ashamin, and our Emissary will be Öde. Congratulations to all.”

[OOC Notes and things: Official announcement for ranks. Tangere and Tiamat have been accepted back into the herd. ^_^]
DEIMOS
delivered from the blast
last from a line of lasts
and now the kingdom comes crashing down undone
background pattern by webtreatsetc.deviantart.com
image credits

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The scent of petrichor and electricity filtered in on a wind that was uncomfortably cold. Far be it for the God to ever make a welcome show of his approval, much less appear in the flesh. Last time, at Ophelia's promotion he had been met with dissonance and discord; they wanted his flare not his words. So be it - he would let them have it. He would disagree with nothing, in fact, Deimos had done well with what he had.

Lightning and white-blue electric fire danced at the hooves of Ashamin, radiating upwards and dripping off of his melted-looking horn. Small sparks appeared around the others who were named; Lena, Enna, D'Art, and Arah, and even smaller fizzles around those promoted beneath them.

The winds shifted suddenly and hush fell once again in the Basin valley.

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil

His anger was hot as a wildfire. It spun about his core like a wildfire, consuming all reason it touched in him. His lips moved with the bitter vile that built up in him and body began to sway with anticipation. His eyes were already filled with visions of her pained face, of her torn hide, and ultimate defeat. He might have called out her short comings in the name of the Basin but it was far more than that. She had dared insult him. He who could twist your mind and leave you babbling. A king of thieves and shadows. With each title another pieces of his armor melded on him, invisible yet powerful, for it was armor of pride and vanity. How quickly his new position had welded it, and how much trust his put in it. She could have called him fat and slow for all it mattered. Here upon the top stone he was charged and ready. It did not matter who she was or what she said, he had been ready to lay his wrath upon any who spoke ill. His pride not willing to give an inch, but ready to take a mile.

It did not help that she had her protectors. Ulrik, the engineer speaks up, and those burning eyes and pinned harks snap to him. He spits upon the gold, but it is only more logs for the fire. What had he just finished saying?! It was not enough to be there. These events of long ago had happened (he quickly assumed in his anger) in spite of her. Ulrik at least done something for this herd. The fine work at the entrance keeping guard now. And he was defending her?! The golden could not swallow it, he could not comprehend unless it was a softer tie that held the engineer to Arah’s side. The golden a disease? He would show the engineer the true meaning of disease. Now two figure lay before him. But the golden was loosing. The realities of taking on a half the herd burned along with the others, though it would doom him. He stands shifting with the angry fire within him, thinking himself as tall and powerful as Ulrik’s creations, and ready to smite them upon the mountainside.

If they had left it unchallenged it might have been the gold’s pale form left upon the rocks that day. Yet there were those in the herd who were more sensible. Sweet thing broke the electric air, her singsong voice lifting with a prayer of pleading. It was a distraction, a child before the lines of war. One hark lifted to her, his attention distracted. The anger compounding, hand raised back with a sword, ready to strike, but she was in the way. What was she doing in the way? Did she not know that this was the insults signaling war? That their punishments must be handed out for such subordination, for their name now sounded as traitor? Yet she stands like a brave soul among the lost, not against him, not for him. In the middle, a child in the middle. And the longer his pulled back blade waits for her to move, the less powerful it feels. The raging anger, ready to deliver the blow, falters as it fails to make ground, for it will not burn sweet thing.

It left time for the Reaper to step through. His words for a moment fell muffled to him, washed away in the tides of more logs for the fire, trying to regain the ground lost at sweet thing’s feet. But then the demon king turns to him. All of the darkness his soul surrounded with pouring upon the golden, and it broke the his visions of blood and revenge. Crowned head jerks to the reaper. They were but equal now, they dark devil had no sway on him. Head came over high and proud, the golden, flashing for once how much loss of fear had occurred over the seasons. He for a second felt saw the demon as little and lifeless. A soldier of a gone era. That is, at least, how he saw him at first.

But the reaper held more power, and venom than even the golden still guessed. They were, in reality, still not equal. His earth eyes focus away from the blinding light of the flames, from the raging fires of anger. The whisper cuts through the shouting match and the golden pulls himself back, but he finds himself unable to move. This wasn’t a thread in the demon’s words. This was a promise. A command. The golden freezes to hear it. The anger still frozen on his face, but inside the shocks echo through him, cutting across the flame. A child? He was acting like a child?! A cloven hoof silently slams on the rocks, but it’s the only outburst they see, for in it the golden connects the dark reaper’s meanings. Still his proud face shows the good fight he tries throw up, fighting to keep the fires going, but the longer his blow waits, the more hallow it becomes. The last hissed words of the reaper, coming across like equal advice, clears from his eyes the doom promised. Teeth grind against each other and the golden turns away from him. His anger was not finished, no it still burned like a tornado of fire, wreaking havoc and twisting every thought. But the dark lord, coming across with such hissed advice, advice, left the golden without a blade to throw. Perhaps because the words had been able to shift through the dark thoughts of the gold and force him to accept that the reaper, for once, was right.

Not that he would ever admit it. Earth eyes harden in one last gaze, before the crowned horn snorts and turns away, giving ground, and pulling back. But of course there certainly was not an apology in any of it.

A shift of pink on the other side of Deimos catches his eye. Crowned head turns for a moment, the anger still bubbling underneath, but thoroughly cowed, to see Hotaru. That’s right she had been insulted too. He had completely forgotten that. Her quick glance to him gains only a snort like sigh and a turn away as she begin to speak. Her words are calmer, and therefore more powerful than his. The golden though has now almost turned a deaf ear to it all. He pulls inside himself, where there still builds an anger. The threats might have been nullified, the arrows and daggers turned to blades of glass, but it made him all the angrier. The fires may have burned smaller but they grew hotter for there promised in this company no release. Deimos’s words having silenced that. Any warning or compliment now thrown his way was given the same treatment, but overall in the silence he waits, ready to slip away, to let loose the rage that here was blocked.

The reaper speaks up again and the golden turns his head back to the gather, picking it back up, though still a bitter face rested on his features. He unfortunately remembered what was coming. Especially when it came to Arah’s name. Unlike what that pale woman thought, her name had been in great favor. Deimos calls them out and the golden looks on with an emotionless face. He was ready to go, to be done, to let loose the rage inside of him where no others could see, especially Deimos. He waits, like a dog on a leash, forced to sit and not bark. The happiness of promotion, and the signals of heavenly approval did nothing to keep his interest. As soon as the meeting would end and all speak the happy tiding of promotion and wonder at the blessing, he would slip away where he could rage and let loose his damnations. To the shadows.

OOC ::
Summary::
"Speech"

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout.
Down came the rain
and washed the spider out.
Image credit.

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds

I’d chosen to follow the ninny with the egg satchel back to his home in the Basin hoping that what I found there would be… suitable. He and his blubbering little lass were acceptable company for the journey, but I could also recall the pale-eyed giant name Jorogumo stating that she too resided in the north. She’d met me in the Threshold some time back and since then I’d dubbed her the devil of her own little hell… Needless to say I’d declined her offer for refuge. Funny how things work out…

Of course, had the trek been any indication of what the infamous Aurora Basin might look like, I would have said no. It was certainly a winter wonderland… if they had razor-sharp teeth and the claws to match. The snowdrifts themselves seemed to possess a life of their own and the wind that howled through the valley thought it humorous to toss the shit about in torrents. If I wasn’t getting nailed in the eyes with it, then it was the mouth, or the side, or the chest. It was everywhere. How did anyone become accustomed to cold? It was like trying to soothe sore muscles with rocks; it just didn’t happen.

However, what surprised me most was the eagerness of both my companions. The little lass was alive with excitement –for what I wasn’t sure- and the stallion with the pouch seemed rather relieved to be “home” –whatever that was-. When we’d travelled past the giant, mechanical equine (for fuck’s sake, I couldn’t tell you what it was), it took a bit a time to discover the congregation of Unicorns. I’d never seen so many horned specimens in all my life and somehow it made my glad that I hadn’t come unprepared. With the exception of one hybrid –she was winged with a horn- the rest of the lot seemed to abide by some unspoken rule of thumb: have a horn.

Have a horn or you don’t belong? I wasn’t sure if it was by choice or by chance that the Basin was made up solely of mythical Unicorns –had Jorogumo mentioned that?-, but I guess it was slightly empowering anyway. Now, as long as I was accepted, I could reign supreme throughout Helovia for being part of a regime of fucking Unicorns (and one hybrid). Oh righteous and beautiful horned community please accept my request to join you… and all that shit.

I’d followed my companions toward the large gathering and we stopped near the back like a couple of newcomers –which in my case was true- but I wasn’t sure about the other two. However, there was something off about the whole thing. Everyone seemed fairly tense and cautious, of course that could have been my active imagination playing tricks on me again. I mean, one minute I’m admiring all these Unicorns and the next there’s –I kid you not- a horse made of sweet stuff or at least sweet-smelling stuff, I wasn’t sure which.

At the head of the “table” were two stallions –one gold and one grey- and one mare –a curious painted/overo/something-with-mixed-colors-. I hadn’t arrived early enough to catch much of anything, other than the announcement of new ranks, and I feared that I would be overlooked if I didn’t speak up… so speak up I did. To the big grey with the demeanor of a slab of concrete I craned my neck above the crowd, “If you could throw me in there somewhere, that’d be great, I’m Atlas by the way. This fella here said I could join this fine bunch of…” I trailed while looking at the pouch-man. “Well anyways, I’d be delighted if I could stick around. I could maybe make stuff or anything really.” I smiled awkwardly.

I wasn’t too sure that the big-man-in-charge would be amused with my approach, but hell, I’d never been in a herd before, let alone one so… serious.

Atlas

Standing on the black and white tiles
Don't dance on the lines

image credits
Ooc| Yeah. Well. Crafter maybe? xD

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

Descent of the Spark

I, electric.

Spark strikes like inspiration for fear.
I seek the descent of a sorrowful evening,
a blanket to hide beneath.

Cast me and shadow and break all my bones,
still I will search for an honor in you.

ASHAMIN
BEAUTY IS PERCEPTION

How many times would Ashamin walk upon a scene expecting one thing and finding another? And since the answer was quite obviously many, at what point would it stop being a surprise?

The surprises came in stages, increasingly important and shocking as they progressed. The first, to look more closely at the crowd and begin to understand what sort of variety of personalities lived in his herd, all the while with a stark... lack of variety in the species department. Ashamin frowned, thinking of all the kind winged-ones he'd met, of little helpless Zahra, but shook his head. The stallion at the front was already speaking, and now was not to ask that clearly big question of why.

And that voice, that deep and deadening leaderly call, was the second surprise. The depth to it, and the strangeness of the stallion from which it came, were not what Ashamin had expected to find in the leader of this herd. Then again, had he been hoping for one like Lena? Even the kind buck knew from his father's teachings that gentleness would never make a ruler; it was why Ashamin's mother would never have been fit for a crown, and Ashamin's father would never have sought to pursue one. Ashamin, too, had come to follow in their footsteps.

So when that dark stallion said his name, he could not understand why. But he knew what had come before, the announcement of ranks, and he felt what came after. This, this was the most shocking of them all.

Beginning at his and many others feet were sparks, flying as if untamed but setting no fires and causing no harm. Ashamin could not help but watch the others, and so when he felt the sensation crawl higher up his body, and saw it linger at the hocks of all others, he was struck with distress. Immediately, he thought of the egg at his chest. As if it would do any good he lowered his face and pressed his cheek to the warm surface of the orb, shutting his eyes, waiting for the prickling of those shocks to leave them free.

Ashamin remembers Tiamat, at his side. She had arrived not long after he, and he looked to her then with fear in his eyes. The electricity ran the lengths of his horn like a lightning rod, drawing dangerously close to his black pools and creating in them for the first time, gleaming light of recognition. Would they see the thoughts he held now and the weakness he displayed, would they all turn to him and know that he, whoever he was, was unworthy of this rank?

The paint did not have a moment to contemplate the question of whether or not that was true or realize that perhaps, of this at least, he was deserving, before the sparks faded and the starred stallion's voice overtook it. Ashamin still shook, his nerves still rattled and frayed from the electric summoning--his "promotion." Atlas, on the other hand, seemed unphased.

Ashamin let his black ears turn towards the brash stallion at his other side. He glimpsed Atlas' gaze but could not return it completely. Still he could not understand the lightning about his own frame, and still he could not understand the frankness with which the galaxy stallion spoke.

Though Ashamin was not often one to speak up, certainly not in a crowd, he tried his best to raise his voice and catch the gaze of someone he knew held some power. Maybe Lena, maybe Thranduil, could help him. Then again, did he himself hold power now? Was there even a need to ask for this, if the lightning had heralded an ascension of sorts?

"What Atlas means," the buck began, his voice shaking uncontrollably even as he tried to hide it, "is that I have brought him here for your acceptance, if you find in them what I do. The same is true of Tiamat," Ashamin concluded. His voice sounded tired, as if all its lively confidence had been zapped out of it. "And if I may, I would like to thank you, all three, for granting me this rank."

It was a foolish thing to ask, a ridiculous thing to question.

Why here, now, in front of so many others, after victory and healing, after bringing two new ones home, had he begun to falter?

[[Tagged for mentions: @[Tiamat], @[Atlas], @[Thranduil], @[Lena]]]

Beauty is Perception by FoxyFireWings
Table by Jen, with help from Avis

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
As strong as the seas are stormy.</style>

No words or rebuttals were forthcoming, and Hotaru snorted softly to herself at the dead silence that echoed around her. Apparently all Arah was good for was a momentary explosion of hot air, and then running away like a coward with her tail between her legs when faced with the truth. It mattered little to the maiden in the end; she would be given her rank, as begrudging as it would be on her part, and she could scurry off back to doing absolutely nothing with her thieves. Hotaru would be there when she fell, cracking upon her own falsely porcelain throne, and she would revel in her fall from what little grace she'd mustered. Hotaru would prove them all wrong, and they would watch and whisper, until her name was as well known as those she'd idolized, her predecessors and founders of the Basin. This land was made for her blood, had been created from it, and it was her right to claim the throne when she'd worked so hard for it. The others? They could complain all they wished, but until they actually did something, Hotaru could care less.

Thranduil is silent to her far right, and as Deimos speaks, trying to scoop together the pieces of the meeting, their eyes meet in a quiet sort of conversation. He does not hold her gaze for long, but it is enough for her to see the buried fury in his gems. Pooled like magma in the crevices of his irises. There would be time later for them to speak, and Hotaru was keen on that meeting being swift and coming around as quickly as possible. He was as slippery as she was, but Hotaru would sink her claws into him soon enough, hold him there and express her somewhat grudging respect and appreciation for his outburst on her behalf.

New members flood in one by one, and Hotaru flicked her tail idly to curl round her hind ankle as she watched Deimos handle the growing congregation. When promotions were passed around, Hotaru watched in a detached sort of awe as sparks began to travel along the hooves of those they'd named, not as grand an entrance as Ophelia's claiming of the throne but still a sign that they'd chosen right. It was a comfort, to know their little meeting and Hotaru's own input had not been misguided, and was supported and upheld by the Lord of Time. One of the few minuscule comforts of the meeting, but she'd take what she could get after all the unnecessary drama.

A starry newcomer spoke up, drawing the maiden's attention as he was uncomfortably echoed by their newly designated Haruspex. Hotaru quirked a grin at the pair of them, eyes falling to Atlas, judging him subtly. He almost reminded her of Ulrik, sharp and uncaring in turn and measure. "If Ashamin swears by you, then he will be trusted. Welcome to the Aurora Basin. Approach one of us later, or perhaps Ulrik and Johnny, we will see to placing you appropriately." There was no hesitation, no looking to Deimos. They were not truly equal, as was apparent by the distrust in her and Thranduil, but she was intent on erasing that completely.

Then, looking out to the crowd as a whole, she spoke. "Congratulations to those of you who have been promoted. Work hard, flourish. You are deserving of your titles, and we hope to see more exemplary work from you in the future." Ah, now wasn't that an appropriate closure?

Image Credits
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d'Artagnan
the
NightShade
[Not really important, just wanted to post his acknowledgement :3]

The Doctor watched, with mouth half open and one back leg propped up, the boxing match of words that slung from one party to another. In his head he agreed and disagreed, getting lost in the tirade of the heated spat before throwing an injured look to Ulrik, the metal fiddler, who aged him ten years in one sentence. He wasn’t that old yet surely?! The red brushed it off and happily let the thought of arthritis and lost marbles disappear into the pile of worry left in an ignored corner of his mind. Not that it mattered, the Engineer was already marching off after a rather disgruntled Arah leaving Deimos, the little pink spy and a gilded calamity in his wake. d’Artagnan eyed Thranduil properly for the first time, there was an almost arrogant shape to his neck and a sharp, angered gaze. He factored in the clear dislike that had rolled off of Ulrik’s condemnation and considered that he hadn’t often seen the crafter display an open animosity. He came to his own conclusion that the leaf-marked idiot was probably an ass who liked feeling magisterial and appeared to be easily angered when openly challenged. It left an unnerving feeling of friction within a once iron welded herd and the shade couldn’t tell if it was a good thing or not. In the end, his mouth snapped shut as a grunt rumbled up from his gut in the midst of proceedings, remaining silent in words even though the snide comments stacked up in his cantankerous mind.

d’Artagnan didn’t take an active part until his name wasn’t mentioned amongst the new Menders and a frown crossed his features. He didn’t get chance to question it either as Deimos swiftly named him in a different area, a more physically active area and the word ‘General’ echoed around his mind. General? Did that mean he was really being trusted with a bunch of soldiers at his back? For a moment, the red gave the dark Lord a surprised eyebrow lift with the thought ’really?’ written all over his gaze. Six years ago at the command of Mauja he had taken the role of Doctor and had never really shed the title, serving in the role for many seasons. However, with the heartache of Kou and the Plague lost in the memories of those old enough to remember, the change seemed quite fitting.

Just like that, d’Artagnan the Nightshade let go of his past life that echoed with terms of Mender and Doctor, filled with begrudging life saving and the odd slip of poison.

His gaze dropped down to the sparks at his hooves and he shakes his head in typical d’Art surliness whilst muttering incoherently in lament to the show-off God.

When the meeting adjourned, the General skulked off thinking of things he needed to do and those he needed to see.

Poison is in everything, and no thing is without poison. The dosage makes it either a poison or a remedy.

yewrezz | larfsalot
on deviantart

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!