the Rift

saints just swimming in our sins again

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
ULRIK the ENGINEER

Ulrik came when called, obediently summoned by the whistle of his master. He was a glorified dog, now. Do this, Ulrik. Do that, Ulrik. Make a flag, make a tent, tend to the sentinels, and all of that was well and good until they dragged him into politics. Ophelia was gone. Torleik was nowhere to be seen, and he had to assume that they had left together. Why? Why had his cousin, the only fucking family he had, left him here to rot in the snow? The massive, black stallion strode into the meeting to listen, feeling the delicate chords of his patience being plucked, the frequency growing every strong with each additional harmonic.

Thranduil… and Hotaru? Ulrik had no idea Ophelia had suggested either of them, but it would make sense given that they were more or less her spies. What confused him the most was why Deimos had agreed to go along with such a decision when Thranduil had the temper of a two year old colt and Hotaru was too beautiful and too young to be taken seriously. Ophelia had been beautiful, but she had also been down right scary. Now, she was gone – for whatever reason (probably involving his cousin’s dick), and he had to serve goldilocks and the pink princess?

Nuhuh.

Alliances? Wasn’t that all for show? Moving forward into what? The stallion’s ears flattened against his skull, and he seemed to grow in size, muscles rippling beneath his shiny, black coat.

Three leads.

A critical bronze gaze stared unflinchingly into the eyes of Deimos. Deimos, the stallion he had elected to lead himself. One, masculine ear tilted in the direction of Arah, a mare he’d gotten to know fairly well when the world was covered in water. She was intelligent and kind, but this dark streak? Well, he liked this dark streak. Without interruption, he listened to her speak, wondering if she wanted the crown for herself; she had been here long, after all.

Ulrik took a step forward, attempting to stand BESIDE ARAH. He wanted to be a silent support to her words, a stalwart force against this engine of change. The stallion watches as she turned to heat to her cave, perhaps lingering a little too long on the perfect white of her coat.

Each word Thranduil uttered damned himself in the Engineer’s eyes, and he narrowed his silent, catastrophic gaze. Cloven, bronze hooves settled like the canons of war, and though he rarely spoke at these meetings, he decided that his anger could no longer be hidden.

“ENOUGH!” he barked, the bellowing gravel of his tone reverberating through the mountains. His accent was thick and cruel, lion’s tail curling wildly around his hocks. "If I wanted to witness a fucking PISSING CONTEST I would have joined the ranks of the FALLS!" The stallion's ribcage expanded with the force of his breath. “You are no leader,” he growled, his hushed tones more frightening and dark than his yell. “A leader can take the criticism of their subjects without insulting them. Arah has been in this herd for nearly as long as d’Artagnan and myself. She was there when Mauja fell. When I REMOVED Psyche from her position! She was there when Illynx left, but in the shadows. For she is not as ostentatious as you.”

Ulrik’s wild stare was positively mad, and he sneered, curling black, velvet lips from his teeth. His gaze swung to Deimos, and he jerked his thickly corded neck upward, grinding his teeth. “You have not failed me before, and I have never doubted your leadership – until now. If you support this one, then I deal directly with you alone. I will have no part in the crowning of a gilded disease.

He needed to find his cousin and get to the bottom of all of this. The Engineer followed Arah first, to see if she would be all right.

Credits: Image by LyrebirdBlue @ DA

@[Arah] (tagging you because you were mentioned! )

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
RE: saints just swimming in our sins again [Herd Meeting] - by Ulrik - 06-03-2015, 12:14 PM