the Rift

SHADOWPLAY ✽

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
While you had expected something, your body poised to run, you had not expected the creature that crashed through the treetops in a white blur with a surprising amount of finesse for its size. In pure shock you stumble backwards, barely managing to keep your footing, eyes wide with wonder and fear. But it doesn’t move, simply watches, and before long you settle in to its presence, curiosity overriding the instinct of danger. As you open your mouth to speak the sound of another approaching steals your attention, your head snapping towards the face of another girl. She materializes before you like a ghost, from nothing but the stardust lingering in the air, beautiful and pure. Before you have time to think you smile, shaking your head as the girl speaks, naming what you assume to be the white creature peering down on the both of you. As the winged white descends, you keep a keen eye on all of its subtle movements, half marveling at the gold laced through its feathers, its sheer size, the blueness of those eyes, the easiness between the two. She laughs, and your smile deepens despite yourself, despite the questions bubbling at the back of your mind, your apprehension.

She speaks of direction, and beneath the white waterfall of your hair your thin shoulders shrug, lips pursing in thought, for once. You hadn’t thought about it, not since you truly did get lost. Since then it had been running, aimless wandering, too absorbed in your own grief to notice much else, too absorbed to care. “I don’t even know where I’ve been going.” You murmur, half-heartedly, half with an exhaustion that you could feel to the marrow of your bones. ’I apologize for Wynter. She’s quite the trouble maker.’ “It’s alright. She’s beautiful.” You’ve half a mind to ask more, to prod, but politeness keeps your tongue in check, trusting it as something the other didn’t want to talk about. You watch as she bends, examining the crown upon her head, the elegant lines of her face, the way her muscles bend and the reverberation through the rivulets of hair draped along her neck. Mismatched eyes follow her own, bursting like sunflowers as she looks back to you, then around to the trees encircling the both of you so close, almost expectant. You wonder if she feels the same ensnarement that this forest had held over you, only moments before.

Even you could tell that there is something different about this place, something that had made you forget, if only for the fraction of a second. She speaks again, the sound lilting, soft, and you cannot hide the excitement that blooms on your face at the mention of a herd. In your life by the sea it had been your little family, just the four. Your Ama had told you of things such as this girl of silk speaks, but you hadn’t ever, ever seen anything like it. “Enna. I'm Enna.” Your weight shifts, eyes glancing to the winged white standing by her side. “What is your home like? Are there any others?” Palpable as your excitement is, it is tempered by the slightest tinge of nervousness, the fear of ridicule. “And, I’m sorry, but what is she? I’ve never seen anything like her before.”

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Messages In This Thread
SHADOWPLAY ✽ - by Enna - 05-31-2015, 04:02 AM
RE: SHADOWPLAY ✽ - by Arah - 05-31-2015, 07:29 AM
RE: SHADOWPLAY ✽ - by Arah - 06-03-2015, 07:42 PM
RE: SHADOWPLAY ✽ - by Enna - 05-31-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: SHADOWPLAY ✽ - by Enna - 06-05-2015, 03:24 AM