the Rift

[PRIVATE] your memory haunts me like a ghost

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Together, the group abandoned the north, stepping away from it's frozen clutches with one last look into the belly of the beast. The more she stared, the more she could feel herself want to leave this place. The idea that dead filled the cave drove her away, scared of the idea that she'll find something she doesn't ever want to see again.
At least it wouldn't be someone she truly loved and cared for. There was that one last hope that those decaying it's depth were nothing but forgotte-
She needs to stop with these thoughts as Hobgoblin's talons gather themselves in her forelock, tugging in almost harsh fashion as he makes the call. It would be useless for the guide to linger behind the group. Her strides gather and extend to meet Zahra and Bird, trotting highly for a moment to control the urge to gallop.
Did Zahra even know how to fly at this point?
It is a question worth bringing up, but the idea of seeing a small child fly was enough to twist knots into her stomach again.
Didn't you know that broken wings are never pretty? That sound of bone grinding against bone as you desperately try to push a wing, something so delicate and easily destroyed, back into the normal placement, well, you can only imagine it's the worst noise you'll ever hear in your life when there's the screams of pain and misery filling your ears as it occurs.
A cringe ruptures across her face like a sucker punch from a crowd. If Amara had been bad enough(it only worsened with the idea that she had grown so close to that patient), what would it have been like for whoever healed Africa? She'd known better to ask to what led to the full loss of a wing back then, but the curiosity and drive to know was too strong.
Africa was dead and gone, signalled by her leaving home and never returning, gone without the slightest goodbye.
Just as Roy had done in the past.
She really needed to stop getting so attached to other people.
Hobgoblin sleeps for the majority of the trip, curling up as he rests about her rump, soothing himself in the gentle sway of her hips.
The trip is slow. Hours tick by with what feels like to be days lacking the transition of night and day. Not that she could complain, though. Zahra's presence was calmer than most, sweet and innocent, careful and loving in the way that children seem to glow with.
Having a child appeared to be less of an issue as she strolls, humming softly. With due time, the trees grow thicker and open their arms shortly, allowing enough for them to enter before they close up, acting as gates to a new world.
"Well, here we are." She stops briefly to allow the child to drink in all of her new surroundings, craning her head about so that her muzzle pushes against Hobgoblin's hide gently. A low hiss pours from his lips like steam bursts from a tea kettle. Small bouts of anger strike her. She is fully aware of how he wishes to sleep, but now, she needs him more than ever. Someone would have to go forward to scope out the area.
"Please, we need you to go ahead." It all exchanges for a yawn, wincing slightly as talons dig into her hide as if to be punishment for waking him prematurely. The feeling of liquid rushing over her shivers her skin as his body morphs, paws striking in the ground in a soft thud. A stretch a follows.
As he leaves them, trotting slowly as if to encourage Sikeax to be angered by his slow choice of pace, "Howl if you find anything" whispers out of the champagne's lips.
Zahra takes the stage again as he fades. "Do you know where to start looking?" The risk of wandering blindly into the forest seemed a morbid tale waiting to write itself out. There had been paths driven into the earth of her mind with the search for herbs, but this was not the quest for remedies and relief, maybe even for something much more. Whatever the child had thought might lie there remained a mystery, but she could nose into it somewhat.
For now, the child was her responsability, and if it came down to it, then what conquesences could rise?

OOC: Sorry for the wait; the ending isn't the best but I didn't know how to go on.

Hobgoblin is a Timber Wolf towards the end of the post.
@[Zahra]

Private, but if Riv is okay with someone coming in, then they're welcome to on my end.

talk talk talk

S I K E A X
you've got a million and one stars to dream upon
i-mi @ deviantart

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed