Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri</style>
in this world full of people there's one killing me
and if we only die once i wanna die with you
</style>

It was disconcerting how quiet Gaucho was after I asked him to teach me. I had actually begun to think that he was going to tell me no, that he had better things to do with his time. I, very quickly, made up my mind that I wouldn't let him tell me no. I would make him teach me so I could protect everyone that I loved. I couldn't stand by and let anyone else I cared about die. I couldn't... I just couldn't let it happen again. "Teach me." I don't know where the sternness in my voice came from, but I hoped that it would make it clear just how serious I was.

I was unprepared for Gaucho's attack. It was actually embarrassing how unprepared I was for the wall of fire that shot toward me. A panicked squeak slipped past my lips as I tried to dodge it by banking to the right, but my left wing caught the sudden rising warm air from Gaucho's fire and it threw me off balance. I thought I was going to go into some kind of ... of death spin that would end with me splattered all across the sand below. I beat my wings furiously to try and regain my balance and I had just steadied myself when Gaucho attacked again.

Once again I was unprepared.

The sight of Gaucho coming after me and Mara's hisses struck a chord of fear in my heart that had me frozen. I couldn't think, I could barely remember to keep flapping my wings, I could only watch him as he came at me and when I realized that I needed to move it was too late. I don't know if it was his knees or his hooves that struck my square in the chest, all I knew was that it hurt and that it was suddenly very hard to breathe. A split second later I realized that I was falling and I panicked again and I snapped my teeth at Gaucho's mane as if that alone would keep me from falling.

I was aware of the ground getting closer and closer but ... I don't know. I felt like I couldn't make my body do what I wanted it to do. I think it was strictly instinct coupled with dumb luck that made me suddenly extend my wings so I could glide, but I was already so close to the ground that my knees were dragged through the sand. I never imagined that sand could be rough enough to scrape away hair and flesh and leave something that looked like burns. I grunted and beat my wings against the air to gain some altitude, but I was ready for it to be over after just one attack.

I could hear Gaucho saying to always be ready and I was embarrassed once more at how apparent it was that I was unprepared. How could I ever hope to protect anyone if I couldn't even be properly prepared for a spar? I ground my teeth together as I rose higher into the air even though I would much rather my first fight be with my hooves firmly planted on the ground. I had to prove to myself and to Gaucho that I could do this. That I wasn't a waste of time or a lost cause. I tried my best to get behind Gaucho and slightly above so that when I flew at him I could try to beat my hooves against his back.

"."

ooc://
1/3
Word Count: 588
@[Gaucho]

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
the beginning [gaucho] - by Ranjiri - 05-31-2015, 05:31 PM
RE: the beginning [gaucho] - by Gaucho - 06-02-2015, 12:36 PM
RE: the beginning [gaucho] - by Ranjiri - 06-02-2015, 02:54 PM
RE: the beginning [gaucho] - by Gaucho - 06-08-2015, 10:59 PM