the Rift

[OPEN] Fragile Bird

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

I'll fight to survive through this thunderous life
without you by my side

All thoughts had been on the newborn companion, his entire attention and being focused on this little life that was now entwined with his. He was responsible for the bird, needed to protect it and care for it and see it thrive. Right now it didn’t really look like much, all still-drying feathers and eyes with a beak so large it was a wonder the thing did not topple right over. It seemed to like him, however, and was trying to get out of the marbled shell in order to get closer until Mesec lowered his head to sniff at him carefully, earning a sharp peck on his muzzle - which, in a weird way, felt like it was affectionate?

Truly a gift from his mother, then.

Both Mesec and the hatchling turned toward the sound of the voice from the shadows, starting at the sudden noise but - when noting the kind tone and words - they recovered quickly and a grin flashed upon Mesec’s silver-lined face. He beckoned her forward, out of the shadows - beckoned them for the chirp of the pale companion at her hooves did not go unnoticed either. He was relieved, not dismayed, at the company and would not turn them away. It truly was fortunate that someone with a companion has found him when he most needed help. “Thank you!” Although he still felt… uncertain about what lay behind this task that he had been appointed with, he cannot begrudge the responsibility when he looked upon the hatchling and felt a warm hand squeeze his heart. This was his companion.

There was a fierce flash of protectiveness that flared up within him too, in addition to that warmth (love?) but he still hoped the pair would come closer, he felt no sinister plans hiding behind that smile. Looking to her again, Mesec confessed to this stranger the predicament that he was in. “He just hatched, I… I don’t know even how to care for a baby bird.” He had thought that maybe, when bonded, he would suddenly know what to do - but, then, this would not have been a task. There would not have been so heavy a warning placed in the terms of his acceptance. “Do you?” His voice was quiet but hopeful as dusk continued to darken around them, brightening the glow of his coat and of the shell fragments.

original html by rottie
picture by xdjurax at deviantart

@Lena
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Fragile Bird - by Mesec - 05-31-2015, 08:11 PM
RE: Fragile Bird - by Lena - 06-13-2015, 05:02 PM
RE: Fragile Bird - by Blu - 08-15-2015, 12:41 AM
RE: Fragile Bird - by Mesec - 08-15-2015, 11:19 AM
RE: Fragile Bird - by Lena - 08-20-2015, 02:52 PM