Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The answers you seek,
Shall be yours,
Once I claim,
What is mine.
The blustery cold of FrostFall was upon us now and in no way similar to the previous year. I had taken to the forests of the World’s Edge to escape the frigid breeze that made resting in the fields feel almost unbearable… I feared what kind of winter Helovia might come to face despite my own adoration of the snow, as it appeared an unavoidable nuisance. The past few weeks had proven well-spent in preparation for the seasonal frost, as my coat had grown thick and unruly, and Sabine certainly approved of the change. The young Zephyr had slowly aged and now that she weighed in at around two pounds, she could no longer roost in the tangled knots of my mane (curtesy of the bird herself). Though, I couldn’t complain about her change of heart… It was a relief that she’d moved her perch between my shoulder blades, even if she often gathered a bit of my coat to shield herself from the biting wind.

As we made our way again toward the barren wood of the Threshold, Sabine was content to stretch her wings and cry out to the empty canopy in search of fellow avian inhabitants. However, I knew that my sweet companion would hear no reply, what with the native birds having migrated for the winter. Until spring, I thought reluctantly. I knew that she was incapable of yet slipping into my mind for answers to her various questions, but everything would be allowed in time.

After a good while of searching for nothing in particular, I chanced upon a fresh set of tracks that carried the fine scent of feminine allure. I paused in order to determine their route and soon discovered a narrow path hidden away beneath the thinning underbrush. In fact, it didn’t take long to scout out the mare and what appeared to be a new companion, but upon discovering the brute’s identity I found myself uncertain about my approach.

Ciceron had once been loyal to the Edge, or perhaps only Kahlua and Kaj, but he no longer shared allegiance to the sacred land of the Moon. Yet, I found myself open to his company because, as far as I was concerned, he was still a friend to me. The mare he accompanied was similar in color to myself with eyes the color of golden amber. Out of respect for their certain conversation I rumbled a low and hearty greeting to announce my arrival before entreating their companionship. “Greetings! I hope you don’t mind my company,” I began while looking to each in turn. “Ciceron, it is nice to see you well…” I commended while fixing my gaze on the dappled stallion. I wasn’t yet sure how he would regard me and therefore had decided to keep things light, if a bit formal. Sabine, privy to the heaviness of my emotion, stirred from her position atop my back and peered around my shoulder in order to inspect the unfamiliar creatures. For the first time in a while she was quiet, probably more amused by the mare than anything else. After all, she’d spent most of her time getting acquainted with Evangeline and had yet to lay eyes on another lady such as she.

The night-colored bird stretched her wings in a display of interest and the stars that lined her ruffled feathers caught the half-light of evening and twinkled softly against the vibrant rays. She had shed the soft down of infancy and had finally grown into the midnight painted feathers of adulthood. Her beak had turned with the months from a pale grey to a striking white, along with the thick skin that extended from toe to tarsus. “It seems that you’ve caught Sabine’s attention,” I allowed quietly to the unknown mare. The bird was still perched at my back, but her wide, golden eyes were unmoving and perhaps a bit curious. “I’m Thor by the way and Sabine is my companion. Welcome to Helovia,” I finished with a wide smile. I was uncertain if the lady had any experience with the mythical elements of the land that had seemed to surprise so many others in the past and I could only hope that my appearance had not alarmed her nor the man I’d once pegged as brother.

Image Credits

@[Phaedraa] @[Ciceron]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
make.damn.sure - by Phaedraa - 06-01-2015, 04:15 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Ciceron - 06-01-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Thor - 06-01-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Phaedraa - 06-02-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Ciceron - 06-02-2015, 09:16 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Thor - 06-03-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Phaedraa - 06-05-2015, 03:38 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Ciceron - 06-05-2015, 09:38 PM