the Rift

make.damn.sure

Phaedraa Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Phaedra
I just wanna break you down so badly

Although Phaedra had been resting she was instantly attentive to the sound of something moving through the brush. Tall ears stiffened, moving forward to gauge the distance of whatever was moving closer. The thin skin around her nostrils flared as she brought in the scent of an equine and… something unfamiliar. The bay tensed, eyes widening at the foreign scent. A whicker came and a… unicorn came through the trees. Pheonyx had spoken of them, mostly as a myth, in stories but the mare took his horn in stride. Just because she hadn’t seen something didn’t mean it did not exist. The other creature on the other hand screamed instantly of predator, it was some kind of big cat and seemed to be following the grey and didn’t seem an immediate threat. Nonetheless the image of the wolves bearing down on them, the echo of her sisters’ scream, all of it flashed behind her eyes and she involuntarily flattened her ears and took two small steps back.

Then he spoke to her and his words seemed soft, harmless, and she softened her posture although she did not move closer to the creature behind him. She stifled her fear of the creature and focused solely on the unicorn that had spoken to her. That was an interesting question. What she lost? “That’s somewhat of a tricky question. I suppose I am lost in the sense of not knowing where I am… but when one has no destination how can they possibly be lost?” Her voice sounded confident and she was impressed with her attempt to be witty but she was aware that her eyes were zeroed in on the cat. She might as well acknowledge her uncomfortability as it had to be obvious. “Is it… it won’t attack me will it?” She asked softly, unsure of what to call the creature but slowly growing more used to the idea that this creature seemed to be somehow with the grey stallion – and if he posed her no harm than perhaps the creature did not either.

Phaedra had been so focused on that large white cat that she hadn’t even noted the approach of someone else. She turned as he greeted them, calling the other Ciceron as they were apparently acquainted. She dipped her head to him and adjusted so as to be able to watch both of them at once. This one too had a creature with him. Some sort of bird perched on him. The bird was lovely and displayed its’ wings which Phaedra took to be just for her. Phaedra did not move but stretched out her neck to bring her face somewhat closer to the creature and made a small sound of pleasure. “I’m Phaedra – and of course I don’t mind the company, either of you. Or… all four of you I suppose,” she said, sweeping her gaze across her visitors. Her tone conveyed slight confusion but she wasn’t quite sure what to ask – and through her confusion she had a distinct sense of peace. It was lovely to just be in the presence of others again.

Messages In This Thread
make.damn.sure - by Phaedraa - 06-01-2015, 04:15 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Ciceron - 06-01-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Thor - 06-01-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Phaedraa - 06-02-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Ciceron - 06-02-2015, 09:16 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Thor - 06-03-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Phaedraa - 06-05-2015, 03:38 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Ciceron - 06-05-2015, 09:38 PM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Thor - 06-10-2015, 03:28 PM