Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The answers you seek,
Shall be yours,
Once I claim,
What is mine.
The young Zephyr preened her feathers, a reaction to the mare’s delight at her curiosity, and cooed slightly in gratitude. She was not a creature who rewarded ignorance or avoidance, or really anything that did not suit her fancy. In fact, had the mare not extended curtesy toward the bird, imminent squawking and ruthless banter would ensue… such was my life since taking the creature beneath my figurative (albeit absent) wing. The thought of such a frail and futile past where the appendages were concerned felt somehow pitiful… I hated to remember them perched so lightly across my back. I hated to imagine the questions they stirred in unfamiliar parties. I’d never been able to fly, but at least now I wouldn’t have to explain the deformities- only the scars.

With thoughts of the past and self-pity behind me, I turned to regard the righteous figure that was Ciceron. The stallion had been a warrior of the Edge not too long ago and such a demeanor had only followed him to the Falls. I envied him that. At another time or perhaps another place I would inquire about his new position in the exotic oasis to the northeast, a land riddled in so much blood and loss, but not today. However, I couldn’t seem to press the words to my teeth without regret, let alone allow such sentiment the air enough to breathe life to our conversation. But such words were not meant to soothe myself… I needed to make sure that the dappled stallion still regarded me with faith and understanding. I would miss so many of those I’d chosen to leave behind. “I’m as well as can be presumed… brother. Another day might shed light on such information and I hope to share more than formalities with you,” I proffered with a weak smile. I didn’t want the opportunity to recreate the taking of the Falls. I’d seen enough bloodshed over the years. Now was the time to rebuild.

My stare was again drawn to the lady when she received my introduction –fondly? Kindly?- without hesitation. It wasn’t often that a brute of neither my size nor caliber sat well alongside ladies and lads of the gentler nature. Of course, first impressions did little for my appearance and therefore I was left to more creative options to bridge the gap between monster and man. “Phaedra, it is a pleasure to meet you –Sabine has already confirmed as much- and I want to formally welcome you to this great land. I come from a land to the North called the World’s Edge and if you’re seeking refuge, I would be more than glad to allow you reprieve,” I volunteered warmly. The little Zephyr at my back purred her consent at the underlying emotion I exuded like an electric tie between her heart and mine. Without the words to interpret or the ability to share much else than a desire or a loss, Sabine had grown too capable of reading the hazy images I shared with her.

Of course, my boldness is not something a lady respects and I’m sorry for my tendency to be brash. There are four main herd lands within the realm that is Helovia, with Ciceron hailing from one of them. However, since I’ve already admitted my affinity for brashness, I must also tell you that I can be a selfish man. I could detail the fine attributes of the Dragon’s Throat or the Hidden Falls, but I’d rather regale you with painted images of my land by the sea. It is expansive woodland cloaked in mist and perhaps a bit of mystery as well. It is also the only land I’ve ever called home since arriving here and quite frankly, to add arrogance to my list of follies, I think you’d be most comfortable there… especially with the coming winter.” I concluded with a slight smile. I hated that I stood on the opposing end of a former brother in arms… I hated it more than words could rightfully describe. But this was the way of the world and the world didn’t stop turning for anyone… even after victory. Or defeat.

Image Credits

@[Phaedraa] @[Ciceron]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
make.damn.sure - by Phaedraa - 06-01-2015, 04:15 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Ciceron - 06-01-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Thor - 06-01-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Phaedraa - 06-02-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Ciceron - 06-02-2015, 09:16 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Thor - 06-03-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Phaedraa - 06-05-2015, 03:38 AM
RE: make.damn.sure - by Ciceron - 06-05-2015, 09:38 PM