the Rift

sing it like a hummingbird

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR the Gentle Heart
As most herd meetings went, there was a flurry of movement and noise, but of course this time… everything was different. Kaj, Kahlua and Archibald weren’t manning the helm this time. In fact, since Kahlua’s adamant confession that she was remaining in the World’s Edge, I hadn’t seen her. Did that mean that she’d changed her mind about all of this? Was it too hard for her to witness new leadership in place of her own? It was truly hard to say what the Sunshower thought though… she wasn’t even here.

A delightful young brute had been one of the first creatures to accompany me at the meeting and he appeared a most amiable fellow when he shared his envy of my coat. I smiled broadly at the stallion and shook my head, “Winter is a blessing friend… you won’t be so jealous when summer comes back around,” I assured with a hearty laugh. As I dreamed about the warmer months, I was content to occupy myself with the familiar names and faces that had chosen to remain in the Edge as I had. I knew that Alysanne and Evangeline would show up at some point, given I’d come from the Falls with them, but I was shocked to find Ophelia among the sea of foreign faces. What had lured her from her throne in the Basin to… the Edge?

Those would have to be questions for another day considering Torleik had finally managed to show up. He appeared all barbs and frustration at first glance and I could only hope that he eased up on the tension… if only for the sake of those who followed him. He was a frighteningly intimidating force after all. Perhaps that’s why it came as no surprise to me that he announced himself as sole King… and Mauja was content to consider himself Queen. What an odd combination… such unearthly creatures indeed.

I listened as intently as I could, given I didn’t quite yet understand the terminology of which we were now ranked, but when Mauja called out my name for Huginn I felt a great sense of pride for having my title restored. At some point I’d thought to mention it to the appaloosa, but it had been quite some time since that day. I was grateful for his support of its reinstatement and I nodding at the Queen while offering him a gentle, if determined, “Thank you.

Shortly after the announcement, the softest of touches was laid upon my shoulder. Evangeline. When I turned to regard her, all I could do was smile. She was so heavy with child it wasn’t a wonder it had taken her so long. “Don’t worry love, you haven’t missed much my little Vanir… Congratulations,” I soothed while pressing my face into her neck. Everything was not as it was, but certainly on its way. I trusted this King and this Queen to do what was right for the World’s Edge. I prayed they’d never let me down.
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

@[Evangeline] @[Tembovu] – Because he spoke to both of you.

Messages In This Thread
sing it like a hummingbird - by Mauja - 06-01-2015, 09:38 AM
RE: sing it like a hummingbird - by Nyx - 06-01-2015, 03:11 PM
RE: sing it like a hummingbird - by Thor - 06-01-2015, 09:48 PM
RE: sing it like a hummingbird - by Tembovu - 06-02-2015, 06:28 AM
RE: sing it like a hummingbird - by Alysanne - 06-02-2015, 07:27 PM
RE: sing it like a hummingbird - by Myrrine - 06-02-2015, 09:18 PM
RE: sing it like a hummingbird - by Elsa - 06-03-2015, 09:04 AM
RE: sing it like a hummingbird - by Snö - 06-03-2015, 02:09 PM
RE: sing it like a hummingbird - by Ophelia - 06-03-2015, 03:37 PM
RE: sing it like a hummingbird - by Ayelet - 06-03-2015, 05:13 PM
RE: sing it like a hummingbird - by Torleik - 06-04-2015, 05:36 PM