the Rift

[OPEN] watered down whiskey and coke

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri

I stood staring at a building that seemed completely out of place in with the trees surrounding it. It was beautiful, though, I couldn't deny that. It made me wonder if I would be able to build something that looked even remotely like it. There was a brook that separated me from the building and, any other time, I might have walked right through it, but it was cold. It was still early Frostfall, but the snow was already falling and I definitely wasn't keen on getting sick because I walked through icy water.

So I backed up enough to get a running start and I jumped over it. As I jumped I'd spread my wings to keep my balance when I landed in the snow and ice on the other side. My cloven hooves touched the ground and I folded my wings back against my side and began to walk closer to the structure. I stopped and I studied the columns that held the roof in place, I looked at the steps, and the floor and I wondered if I would be able to make something that looked so beautiful.

I circled around it, inspecting every inch of it. I touched my muzzle against the columns, moved and pushed on them with my shoulder to feel how sturdy they were and I snorted as I stepped back. "...wow." It was the only word that came to mind. I definitely wanted to try making something like it, but I didn't know if Gaucho or any of the herd would have use of something like it.

"."

@[Isopia] and open!
Image Credit

aud pixel!

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

"Why wow?"

Her voice broke the silence, but soon her body was to follow. From just a few feet to Ranjiri's left - a boulder-ish looking statue suddenly moved. Isopia had let her magic sweep over her, transforming the outside of her body entirely into dirt and rock. The earthen child had never experienced snow before, and found that the cooling sensation on her back was one that she didn't particularly like. But, if the trees and bushes could stand it merely by being still, she that perhaps that was the way to go. And so, she had remained without movement for long enough that her magic completely covered her. The mud and dirt insulated her against the snow which gently piled up on her back, and while it was starting to get heavy, never once did she feel cold. However if she was to remain still enough as to not break her outer shell, she couldn't move her head to watch the strange hybrid mare thought was deserving of a wow. Her eyes strained to peer through her sockets, but it was no use. Isopia was torn between remaining more or less invisible, or satisfying her curiosity.

Of course the latter won.

"It's just stone and glass." She advised, sounding entirely disappointed that she had broken hours worth of work just to see some mare interested by some stones. Mud and dust fell away from her cream and blood-splattered coat as she readjusted her wings after stretching them slightly. Her quad-horned head tilted slightly as she regarded Ranjiri with an academic stare.

She towered over the older hybrid, but that was no surprise. Isopia was taller than nearly everyone that she met - and of those who stood higher than she did, none were as lean or agile looking. Still, Isopia found it interesting that Ranjiri possessed both wings and a horn - traits such as those normally were reserved for her kin, or so she believed. Even the earthen child couldn't tell just by appearances whether one was a hybrid or a tribrid, and yet given that Ranjiri did not appear when Isopia and her cousins were summoned in the Woods by the dragon, she could only assume that whatever blood flooded her own veins was not shared by the older mare.

@[Ranjiri]

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Ranjiri

"Why wow?"

I flinched because I had not noticed anyone else near the stone structure when I had gotten there. The voice had come from my left so I turned and flinched again when, what I had assumed was a boulder, suddenly moved. "What...?" I blinked and stepped back, my head tilted, then I just stared. Dirt and rock fell away, revealing a hybrid mare and ... I couldn't help but think of the Earth God. I'd heard that he sometimes appeared as dirt, or rock, or sometimes mud just like she did.

She told me that all it was was stone and glass and I didn't answer. I kept staring while she stared at me and after what felt like an eternity I snorted softly. "You make it sound so simple." I said. "But its not. Someone had to build it. Someone had to be creative enough to see something like this and want to create it." Obviously whoever had done it had known what they were doing. It was sturdy and beautiful and the more I looked at it the more I was convinced that it wasn't just one individual that had created it.

I turned away from the dirt mare and looked at the building again. "Stone and glass." I repeated what she said. I found myself walking up the steps, my gaze on the glass ceiling as I stepped inside. "And metal." I added, as I spotted veins of it in the glass. "And fabric..." My voice trailed as I realized that the entire thing was composed of materials that each of the crafters in each of the herd lands were able to wield. "Huh..." I was so engrossed in my thoughts and the building that I forgot about the other mare.

"."

@[Isopia]
Image Credit

aud pixel!

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Immediately Isopia was glad that the mare she appeared before didn't demand to know how she did what she did, or where her magic came from. Her thoughts flickered to Camon, and her ears momentarily sidled backwards against her skull. It was as if Helovia was so used to magic, that they were suddenly shocked by it again. Almost everyone she met had some magical ability, or a companion. If not, they certainly knew someone who did. So why then was there always a game of 20 questions when she used her magic? Thankfully, this mare didn't seem to be up for questioning her abilities.

Just the structure ...

Stone and glass she repeated silently. So why did this hybrid find it so interesting?

"Everything is simple." Isopia responded unhelpfully. "Life is built from impossibly simple structures. Together they form things which look complicated, only when you don't understand. You see the Rotunda - but now -" Nosing towards it and following Ranjiri inside, "- you see it for what it is. Stone and glass and metal and cloth." Her blood-splattered shoulders shrugged with her obvious lack of interest. However, for the benefit of the tri-coloured mare who hadn't bothered her about her magic, she allowed her golden gaze to survey the inside of the structure. If you just looked it was all quite simple. Arches, columns ... aesthetics and support. That was all.

Just to see if she could, Isopia focused on the image of the Rotunda she had in her minds eye. Together, stone and water began to build a rough facsimile of the structure, with stone acting as the structure, and water as the glass. The shapes wobbled and re-arranged to fit into more supportive structures. Every now and then the demi-god would look up, inspect some corner or pivot point, and then look back and watch her stone-work begin to change.

"huh what?" Isopia asked distractedly, now intent on trying to re-create the rotunda as best as she could.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Ranjiri

"Everything is simple. Life is built from impossibly simple structures."

What?

How could she say that everything was simple? I didn't understand it so I guess that was why I thought the Rotunda looked complicated and magnificent? "So then you understand everything?" I asked skeptically. I guess I automatically assumed that she would say yes, that she understood everything and I pitied her. To understand everything and not find wonder or magnificence in anything had to be boring. I think that I would rather be simple and be excited and marvel over the things that she thought were simple, than find magnificence in nothing.

She didn't seem to be very interested in the building, not like I was. It seemed that she was more content to downplay my wonder and make it seem ... trivial. It made me wonder why she'd even followed me inside of the building and I almost asked her. Rather than do that I just shrugged it off and let her ramble on about the simplicity of life while I inspected the rest of the Rotunda, as she called it.

"Huh what?"

I flinched again at the sudden sound of her voice and I turned, but remained quiet when I saw her trying to recreate the Rotunda out of stone and water. I wondered if she was trying to prove a point, and while her creation was impressive, it wasn't nearly the size of the building we stood in or any of the same materials. That thought brought me back to her asking 'Huh what?'

"All of the materials, the cloth, stone, glass, and the metal are all materials that the crafters can make in their herds." I replied. "So... I guess I was wondering if maybe the herds built this together."

"."

@[Isopia]
Image Credit

aud pixel!