the Rift

[OPEN] Silence in the Skies

Desperado Posts: 30
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 5 :: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Foxy

Damn all the gods in heaven and hell it was cold. Colder than Desperado liked, and so he traveled south. As far south as south went if he could make it that far before Frostfall really kicked into high gear. He had only recently left behind piles of ice and snow for a more mild, yet still bone chilling climate.

Hoarfrost gathered under foot as the sun sank on his left hip, casting a weak yellow glow across the giant meadow spanning away in the distance. As the dark stallion stepped over and around the dying vegetation, he let his gaze wander the path he strode. It was a pretty sight he had to admit. The silver glint of ice diamonds forming on the ground, the glare of the last light before dusk, the way his breath misted into the air, froze, and fell from the sky. Shaking his body slightly as he walked, the dark stallion was more and more grateful for the long mane that continued from the base of his neck across his spine.

Behind him, as the last of the sun finally sank behind the horizon, leaving only a faint glow, delicate hoof prints kissed the earth. He knew this was prime tracking material should anyone be following, but he knew of no one that would wish to harm him. His guard remained up nonetheless however. It was when you felt the safest that danger took you. Flicking his ears slightly in the growing dark, he let out a small sigh.

Company would be nice, he decided. Having met many others on his journey, all headed south just as he was, he had yet to meet someone who piqued his interest enough to keep them around. Being alone was starting to wear on his mind, and he could tell. Walking along he would often times catch himself speaking to the air, or worse, to himself.

At last night took a hold of the earth. The first of many stars peaking through their black curtain to stare down at him, and Desperado found that he was speaking to them now.

" You must get lonely up there at the beginning of the nights. All by yourselves until the others care to join you. Of course you have others who will join you. I seem to be quite alone on my journey.

Desp snorted. What the fuck was he thinking. Speaking to stars as if they could hear him. All they cared to do was blink at him from the bruised night sky. Slowly being joined by their comrades, just as the stud had predicted.

Another snort. Whatever. He was over it.

"Speech"
Tag;; OPEN
Words;; 443
OOC;; Not the best ever, but my muse is low. Just spitting words now.

DON'T EVER PLAY WITH GUNS
I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die

aliyaahgrl
 HP: 63
Desperado,
why don't you come to your senses,
you've been out riding fences,
for so long now.

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I haven't seen a Frost Fall this cold in such a long time. It was maybe one of my first years that I was alive, at that time I was so young. I hardly remember it now, but it is nice to look back on it now. It's like when I stare out into the distance and think about these kind of things, I get so still that it's like I'm not even here anymore.

It's just nice to forget myself right now.

I am in a meadow, frosted with the icing of winter. I've been here since the morning when I became too tired to keep walking. I'd nestled myself in the weedy undergrowth and feel away from the world, my unconscious body sleeping there for most of the day. My own exhaustion taking over my body. I've awoken the next night at the sound of hoof steps in the snow, the crunch familiar to my ears at this point.

I sit up, he is only a few yards away now, and he doesn't seem to notice me yet. I smile at this situation. I could sneak up on him now, but the snow wasn't in my favor tonight. As I pushed myself out of my squashed position on the ground, the snow crackled and stuck to my skin as I stood, I shook some of it off, hoping he still didn't notice me coming up behind him. "Hello" I say as I near him, my steel and violet form nearing him. "My name is Cashmere" I pause as I walk up beside him. He had muttered a few words to the sky earlier, and maybe that was what had truly awoken me. I smile as I look up at the silent stars. "And you?" A coiling snake in my stomach, well...more like my head. She awakens. -What do you think you're doing? He was talking to the stars before! Why the fuck do you feel the need to approach all the maniacs you see?- She hisses at me. I wince, but I ignore Her. She thinks everyone is a manic. She's a maniac.

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-
@[Desperado]

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Foxy

Sighing slightly, the dark stud lowered his gaze from the growing mass of blinking lights above him. They had become so thick in air that the light they gave off made the night almost as fluorescent as the pale Frostfall sunlight. He gave his body another shake, the thick mane that had grown longer for the cold months drifting over his ribs like the snow he knew would come.

Clear nights were always the coldest he found, and he had developed a system of sleeping during the day to avoid being still during them. Due to that fact he was severely lacking in the companion department.

Even as the thought crossed his mind he heard the tell tale crunch of hooves behind him moments before a soft voice drifted to his ever twitching ears. She spoke her name, Cashmere, and as he twisted his neck to take her in, he marveled in her beauty. By the light of the ever rising moon and the million twinkling fireflies above she seemed to glow. A delicate flower growing in the harshest of seasons. By the spiral on her brow though he didn't doubt her ability to protect herself.

"Cashmere. What a lovely name for a lovely lady."

He ducked his head in greeting.

"The pleasure is all mine. I go by Desperado, though you can call me Desp if you wish."

It was then that he noticed the glowing of her undercarriage. A soft violet light the radiated from her belly and sparkled on the diamond earth. It was a more unique trait than any he had ever seen. He had to admit though that he had not met so many unique beings. A few with horns, wings, the odd abnormality like his own mane, but the lavender shine was something to rival the light of the stars above the pair.

He drew his eyes across her, watching as she flinched unceremoniously. A slight concern filled him, was she hurt perhaps? Who knew. Maybe this was the answer to his wishes for a traveling partner. If it was, he thanked whatever gods may be listening that she was as fine as this.

Tag;; @[Cashmere]
Words;; 360
OOC;; Sorry it took so long! Haha I had planned to have more time online and then got wayyy busy!

aliyaahgrl
Desperado,
for so long now.

Adoptable
At his first glance of me, I seem to enchant him. I like the look he gives me. I haven't gotten a look like that in ages. Probably because I hadn't met a lad like this in ages. I smile at his duck in greeting, my chestnut eyes traveling over the man for the first time. A darker pelt, fading down into a light underbelly and hooves. His nose was also very interestingly tipped in the lighter color. Like he dipped into a chemical that would change the color of his pelt, hoof by hoof. Splashing the substance over his underbelly.

I nod, looking up at his eyes, a light but striking green. Smiling I say, "Beautiful name." But She rises up like lava in a volcano, out of the abyss she was raised in. -I don't think you want to compliment him just yet, he has an odd marking on his shoulder if you didn't already see it through that horrible tangly hair -not that you're doing any better- and those battle scars...ew. - She expresses her opinion quite honestly and I want to thank her, but I know I can't. There was a line with being honest. It was called respect, and she had none.

I mean, she may be right. But it wasn't my business at all where he got his scars or why his hair was all long an tangly or what his interesting marking meant. It just wasn't my business. I hated how she thought I had to be all up in someone's crap before I met them. I certainly had no choice to do it with her or not, she was always just there. With her horrible words and horrible ways. I shake my head. Maybe he will think that it's from the cold.

I sigh, a plume of my breath falls from my mouth and is gone in an instant. "So what brings you here?" I try it out, a smile on my maw again as I look up at his emerald eyes. The snow brought me here. Maybe I'm thankful. I think. Even when she was standing a few feet from him, she still liked the slight warmth he gave off. As well as the feeling of another beside her. It was nice, it took her concentration away from the cold for a little while.

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-
@[Desperado] Your fine! And would you like me to tag you? <3

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Foxy

It had been a long while since he had spoken with another being, and this lovely grey filly certainly was easy on the eyes. A plus for sure. He watched her move closer the slightest amount and sake her delicate head. It was chilly, but it was the second time he had seen the slight wince. He dare not inquire on her health, mental or physical. It was not something he felt a stranger could revel to another unknown equine.

Her eyes, shiny pools of the lightest brown carried themselves over his body and he waited, a statue in the cold, allowing them to traverse the lines of his beaten, broken shell. Feeling their light hover around the marking on his well muscled shoulder he frowned.

Forced back to the day it had been left with him, his mind reeled as he recalled the pain of it. The smell of burning flesh as his skin burst into flames, the way he had been restrained, unable to fight back against the agony.

Now it was his turn to shake his head. He hated remembering that time of his life, the time before Helovia. He had appeared in this land by chance all those moons ago, a mighty storm raging above him as he escaped the brief torture he had been made to endure. At the time he had thought of Helovia as its own version of hell, but time had reveled less hidden dangers than before. Perhaps he was just becoming better at avoiding snakes by keeping out of the long grass. A smile touched his light muzzle, the metaphor was hardly suited to the season, but at this point he might risk a snake or two to get some grass.

Emerald eyes focused back on the mare before him and once again he allowed a glance over her body. It was a wonder she didn't melt the light dusting of snow beneath her, even he could feel the warmth of her body, though it might also be his own heat he felt, his eyes raking her skin.

She spoke once more and he snorted a half laugh. What was he doing here? He was headed south yes, but why here. He paused in his thoughts and knew he didn't have a real reason for his appearing in that specific location.

"I am traveling as far south as south goes m'lady. I can't stand the cold though I may seem to be built for it."

He laughed for real this time, gesturing with his nose to the thick coat he bore and the heavy set mussels that adorned his body. He would rather sweat it out in the south than freeze in the north.

"And you? What reason could a beautiful young lady like yourself have for being trapped in this frozen hell? Pardon my language darling."

Oh how he loved to turn on the charm for the ladies. Sure even Desp knew he could be a total ass. He knew that he would never be the sweetest stallion to roam the earth, but if there was one thing he knew how to do it was woo a pretty mare.

Once more he opened his maw, his deep voice pouring like honey past his lips.

"Perhaps you would like a travelling partner, should you be headed my way."

Hook.

Line.

Tag;;@[Cashmere]
Words;;560
OOC;;That would be lovely. I'm assuming you would like a tag in each post? <3

aliyaahgrl
Desperado,
for so long now.

Adoptable
He was certainly a gentleman, wasn't he? As I looked out over the frozen field, I could feel his eyes on me, though I didn't give it away, eyes locked on a point in the distance. He talks of the south and how he was going to go as far south that there was. When he mentions something about his build, I look over to him once more, as if I forgot. -Stop looking at him like that!- A hiss in my head. "Like what?" I whisper to her softly, letting out a small puff of breath. I shook my head, throwing myself out of my own daze.

His next words would suggest that the pair could be something more if allowed, but my rules were restraining me at the moment. He called me a 'beautiful young lady'. My eyes narrow. But not because he is so adorable in the way he says it, I'd just never been called something of such...kindness, I would categorize it as. He apologizes for his language, which I had no problem with. It's practically in my head twenty-four/seven. -Damn right it is!- She exclaims with a snort. I wrinkle my nose.

When he speaks for the last time, I look up all the way, not just at his battle-scarred body, and long hair, and even more interesting marking. I watch his emerald orbs, my chestnut ones seemed to be caught on like a hook in a fish's mouth. I nod. "A traveling partner, you say?" I can feel her banging on the walls of her cage. -FUCK NO. Don't you DARE accept that shit offer!- a few moments later, she whispered, -I like the cold...-
"I'd love to be a traveling companion to you, Desp." I say, my words soft, sweet. A chill in the back of my throat, just for her.

A bubbling sensation starts to rise in my stomach. A short whinny. A flinch. I start to shake my head fast. Something was controlling me...She was controlling me. I take control again, fighting over my own body, pushing her away from the wheel. No. Not this time. Not a new friendship. Not today. I can feel her curl up inside her cave again, curling her insides, in and out. I can almost feel it until it fades away. She is exhausted from using her energy to control me, speak even. Now she was resting. Hopefully for a long time.
I glance his way. "The cold..." I mutter, but I wonder if he would believe me now.

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-
@[Desperado], yes please! Thank you! ... This is fun!

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Foxy

He could feel the cold growing deeper and deeper within him, gnawing through his bones to his very soul. What was left of it anyway. In his mere five years upon the Earth he had witnessed battles, taken part in them, smelled the lingering stench of the dead, watched their souls leave their broken forms. What was worse than that however was seeing those who had loved them in life, fall to their dead in anguish. To him, watching their hearts shatter to a million pieces, never to be whole again, that was what chipped away at his being. He hated to be a part of it, but it was the road he traveled, and their was no turning back now.

Then, here in this cold wasteland, a soft, beautiful flower bloomed. A silver angel descended from the very stars, the mark of midnight still upon her belly. How was it that he, a broken stud with the remnants of a soul, came to stand beneath the twinkling of her kinsmen and the rising moon with such a rare gem? The answer to such a question he did not know.

He watched her closely, her delicate form shivering slightly in the chill of the night air. Her lips moving ever so slightly as she seemed to turn her gaze inward. He frowned. It was as if she spoke to herself. Perhaps muttering about the cold, perhaps not. Who was he to be judge and jury.

With a shake, she focused her red-brown eyes back on him, and he felt the heat from her gaze traverse his toned and scared body. Damn it felt good to be in the company of a lady so enticing. Her eyes latched onto his own and he felt as though he could not tear his orbs from hers if he tried. It was a mesmerizing, all encompassing stare.

When at last her chiming voice drifted through the air to his perked, fluttering ears he could hardly contain the cheeky grin that threatened at her acceptance of his offer. She was as sweet as the first blooms of alfalfa in the beginning months of Birdsong in her words and Desp began to feel a stirring within him. Perhaps, in time, he could see himself with this pretty creature. For now she was a nice trinket to look at, someone to speak to on his journey, but who could tell where life would lead.

His thoughts were jarred back to present, and he felt his emerald eyes narrow in a mixture of concern and suspicion at his new companion. Her body seemed to be convulsing, acting of its own accord. Stepping back a step to avoid the violent flailing of the spike protruding from her brow, he allowed her space.

Desp had heard of a rare equine or two developing a shaking disorder, losing consciousness and thrashing upon the ground, but this was something different all together. She appeared to be battling herself, even crying out as she did so.

At last, under his quiet stare, the mare ceased movement as though she had wiped herself out. As she gazed back to him, she muttered something about the cold affecting her, but now Desp wasn't so sure. Maybe she was dangerous, or had the shaking disease. Maybe she was crazy. Whatever she was, she was his travelling companion now. Only time would tell what troubled the little beast.

"M'lady? Are you alright?"

He ignored her mutterings about the chilly air. He doubted now that it had anything to do with that. Perhaps they should move anyway however. Having stood for so long the young stud could feel the cold creeping into his muscles, stiffening him.

"Shall we?"

He gestured forwards, south bound and down, with a bob of his mighty skull, thick forelock drifting over his eyes before he shook it slightly, allowing for him to see her.

Tag;;@[Cashmere]
Words;; 655
OOC;; Well that was a lot of internal stuff for him.. Not much to go on I know, but feel free to progress this as you want. I am fine with Her taking over and attempting to harm Desp as well at some point, so you know. It is very fun :D They are an odd pair, thats for damned sure.

aliyaahgrl
Desperado,
for so long now.

Adoptable
I could see him watching me out of the corner of my eye, and at this point I had not problem with his gaze on me. It felt good to be recognized again. As one. He had a way that he did it, putting the spotlight of his attention on you. It was a nice feeling.

I smile when he speaks, though I hardly hear what he has to ask me. "Yes, I just...felt a little...cold, inside, I mean." I say, looking over at him once again and not at the landscape in front of me, because there was truly nothing much to see, and if I was being honest, I wasn't really admiring the landscape at all. I was watching for her again. What if she made a sneak attack on me and made hurt someone.

Desperado, what if she made me hurt him? If I hurt him, I wouldn't have his soft emerald gaze on me ever again, only eyes of anger and upset would scorn my flesh after my body did whatever terrible things she'd decided to inflict on him.

I sigh as I watch him lurch forward, pointing in the direction he'd been heading prior to their little meet up. I nod and smile as I start forward, reaching up with my muzzle, I blow a warm breath onto his forelock, attempting at blowing it back and away from his eyes. His eyes are beautiful, I decide finally.
I start forward after my little blow to his forelock, walking past him with a nuzzle to the neck area. A flick of my tail to an invisible fly, my eyes on the horizon, or where it should be. It is a slightly overcast night, though the stars still shine through at points, specifically the one he'd been speaking to before. Which was fine with me because I spoke to myself as well. She was just a figment of my imagination. Someone who dared to come out, scaring me out of my wits. I should know better. She's only me... right?

-No. Not right. Stop lying to yourself- She whispers and I cringe. PLEASE BE QUIET I force on her. She shrinks away with a chuckle.

~ @[Desperado] Sorry this took a while to get up, life ate me. o.O
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Foxy
Reply coming @[Cashmere] soooo sorry I've been having some issues with my health over the past month
Desperado,
for so long now.