the Rift

How can I keep from singing? [Vikram]

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
Their gentle banter was a warm balm, spiced with soft words from the soul. It was comforting, speaking to her and watching her expression alter slightly with thought. Not so very long ago, he knew, those tiny changes would have been lost on him just as they were lost on so many others. But with all the times they'd spent around each other, moments of calm, moments of heated emotion, moments of frivolity amongst friends, had lent themselves to allowing the great hybrid to learn her. It was like he'd told her. Everything for him had revolved around her, his leader, his love, ever since he'd found simple acceptance and curiosity from her.

So it was that he bent his attention to her every word, soaking up the tale she wove for him. Sharing aspects of her past that had helped weave the fabric of her being. Ears tilted to listen to what was said, stowing every syllable away so that perhaps in time he'd understand her even better, beyond the surface of things she graced him with. Knowledge of her family, early life, past homes, tidbits about the bond that held her family together. His muzzle brushed her skin with gentle care, a smile flickering across his features as he acknowledged and wordlessly agreed with her subtle inclusion of himself in certain statements. It was true, and he realized he shared more in common with her siblings than he'd expected. They all cared greatly for her.

Then she was slipping away from him, her sudden absence from his immediate vicinity rousing him from quiet thoughts and bringing new vigor to a figure grown still. His head rose as she fitted him with a label to suit the new changes to their relationship and the impacts it had on the group she headed. WingLeader, the very word whispered of the draconic influences that seemed to flavor everything she did. No wonder she lured him in with every tiny movement and sound.

Magic wrapped her then, and he chuckled softly even as his ears twitched to catch the soft fall of her hooves on the forest loam. He nearly kept a complete tab on her, but when the veil fell she was a little off from where he'd guessed her. "I am whatever you wish for me to be." Was his simple reply as he stirred to follow after her. "Though I admit to be jealous of the bonds between you and your siblings. I never shared such things with my clutchmates." It was a deliberate sharing of his past, hinting to her of just how drastically different his young life had been. Profound in the simple fact that he'd never spoken of it before, nor had she asked though he'd seen the questions in her eyes in the past.

Messages In This Thread
How can I keep from singing? [Vikram] - by Mirage - 06-10-2012, 08:20 AM
RE: How can I keep from singing? [Vikram] - by Vikram - 06-22-2012, 03:15 PM