the Rift

How can I keep from singing? [Vikram]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

The laughter that rumbled from his deep chest seemed to purr along to the tune of Mirage’s own soul. The completeness she felt with him seemed to only become more obvious with each passing moment; she wondered how she was so blind, so ignorant to it before. He spoke of her being able to read his mind, and she considered it. It was not that she could see his thoughts, or even that Akaith might be able to, it was more that they thought in similar patterns, interpreted the world around them in analogous ways, and came to the same conclusions often. However, she decided that she loved to hear his laughter, and would aspire to hear it as often as he would allow. Raven tiara nodded at his words, it was true, she would only ever speak to another soul the way she spoke to him if she felt secure that her words would not venture outside of that conversation. He spoke of how he followed her, how even after Akaith’s flame had singed his forelock that fateful day in the Threshold, he was her willing servant, he looked at her as he might look upon a queen. He choice of words piqued her curiosity, but she paid them little heed, happy to simply be swept up by their general meaning.

“My siblings and I have been through a lot together.” The beginnings of her speech hinted at the revelation of a history to come, should his ears be willing. “We were born of a fiery stallion, tamed by a shadowy mare, in a realm where moonlight was eternal; no Sun ever rose. But the Path of the Moon was unstable, and collapsed in on itself – as a family we travelled, a band held together by love and other forces unknown. Upon the passing of my first year, my parents laid down in an eternal embrace.” It had been a little while since she had thought of them, and nostalgia entered her voice, as she continued on. “We travelled more, until a yearning for our moonlit realm became overwhelming; we had to see what was left. And so we returned, and the lands prospered for some time with our aid. But something continued to tug at me, pulling me away, far away. My siblings may have lingered there for a time, but I wandered, unable to ignore the pressing need to enter the lands of Isilme.” A small smile curved her lips, wry and devious as always. “I believe it was Akaith calling to me in Isilme. We remained for a while, as vagabonds, wanderers.” Here she rolled a shoulder in a small shrug, before her tones spoke slightly softer, with a sad undercurrent. “And then the Gods shook the earth and we fled. I am led to believe that those lands rose again, but I could not bear to return. Instead I found my siblings once more, and we continued on with our wandering ways.”

The mare hadn’t meant to bore him with her life’s journey, but she hoped that it might reveal a little understanding of the connection she felt with her siblings. She carried on with her speech, her accented tones taking on an affectionate tone. “As I would die for them, they too would for me.” Pressing her velvet muzzle against his bulk yet again, she meant to include him in her statement. “Protectiveness is but one of their traits. There is no doubt they are dangerous, but they would know better than to cause damage to their sister through harming the one who owns my heart.” At the same time, her brothers may just see how far they could push the dragon-steed in order to get a violent reaction out of him. They did enjoy bloodshed, after all. “Besides,” Another shrug, this time the mare pulled her shadowy form away from him, a coy grin upon her mouth, her nape arched in a display of all things elegant and refined. “They will have the respect the new WingLeader of the Qian.” Surely it was a fitting title for her mated partner, one that was equal to her in rank and power, one that would require a strong creature of heart and mind to succeed. Though she wondered how he would react, she didn’t hesitate in launching her cloak over her bodice once more, disappearing into a haze of shimmering confusion in the low moonlight before him. Dancing a few steps away and peering around a thick tree trunk, the apparition dropped again, and her warm smile invited him nearer to her, svelte ears inviting any vocalisations he might have to add.

Messages In This Thread
How can I keep from singing? [Vikram] - by Mirage - 06-10-2012, 08:20 AM
RE: How can I keep from singing? [Vikram] - by Mirage - 06-14-2012, 09:45 PM