Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
   ranjiri</style>
  it only hurts when i'm breathing
my heart only hurts when its beating
my dreams only die when i'm dreaming
</style>

"He is rarely wrong."

I watched his face and I couldn't help but think that the smile I saw there was just as forced as my own was. "Rarely..." I said as I looked from him down to my hooves. My point was that there was a chance that Gaucho was wrong about me. There was a chance, a very high chance in my personal opinion, that the strength Gaucho claimed to see was something he fabricated himself, and that his faith in me was only because he knew my dad. It made me feel like I had a lot to live up to and the idea of it was daunting. I think my future intimidated me more than anything else in my life.

The rustling that came from Rhoa's movement made me lift my gaze and I found him standing there, making himself appear even taller. Wasn't he tall enough? The smile that crossed my face was a genuine one. I still found it hard to believe that he'd grown so much. I guess I would have noticed if I'd had another patrol with him, or if I hadn't been so focused on taking care of Ryuu (not that I regret that).

"Oh..." I say he says that he's patrolling the woods. "I'm supposed to patrol the fields with Bucephalus and ... Aelin, I think. I haven't met her yet." I really wasn't in the mood for a patrol, though. Not after last season. "I had to go to the caves on my last one. My partners never showed." And I'd been face to face with that golden unicorn that Gaucho didn't like from the Basin. Needless to say I wasn't too keen on my next assigned patrol, but I would still get it done.

"Oh Ranjiri I didn't even think -- Hototo. I'm so sorry.."

It ... it felt like the world came to a screeching halt. I was suddenly very aware of the frigid wind that bit at my skin, of the snow at my hooves that made my legs feel numb, of my own very painful heartbeat. The smile that had been on my face when Rhoa showed off his height and while we spoke of our patrols faded away and my expression turned bleak.

...it was so much easier to cope with loss when no one mentioned it.

"Its ... its okay." I forced the words out because I figured I needed to say something. "...I already gave your dad my forgiveness." But even though I forgave Gaucho it still felt like a knife twisted in my heart every time Hototo was brought up, whether it was someone talking about him or me thinking about him.

"."

@[Rhoa]

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-04-2015, 08:52 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Rhoa - 06-06-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-08-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Rhoa - 06-08-2015, 10:11 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-08-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Rhoa - 06-08-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-09-2015, 10:05 PM