the Rift

[OPEN] some things just don't mix

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri
{
"Grief never ends, but it changes. Its a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It is the price of love."

"Aelin is my baby sister."

"Oh..." I felt a little dumb, not knowing that I had been partnered with one of Gaucho's children for my patrol, but then I hadn't known right away that Rhoa was his son when we had patrolled together. I was left to wonder of just how young she was since he called her his baby sister. While I didn't mind going on patrols, mostly because it kept me occupied, I didn't think that foals had any business going on them. I'd felt the same way when Rhoa and I had patrolled the Veins so many seasons ago. It was an added responsibility, to take care of a child, while looking for suspicious happenings to report to the higher-ups. "How old is your baby sister?" I finally asked, so I could at least be a little prepared for when I finally met her.

I had hoped that Rhoa would just drop the whole ... the whole subject of my brother. I stared at him as he spoke about how he had thought his twin was dead and how it had hurt him, how it had made his soul feel like it was freezing. In a way he could relate to my own pain, but it was of little comfort. "...I feel like I'm being stabbed in the heart whenever anyone talks about him." I whispered as he continued on, ending with 'He's back home now, and I know Hototo isn't, but...' I was quiet for a bit before I finally spoke. "But your brother is alive and well and I'm glad that he is." I was genuinely happy for Rhoa that his brother had returned to him, mostly because I didn't want him to have to go through the same crap that I was.

When he finally changed the subject from Hototo to my promotion I was visibly relieved. For a few minutes I'd suspected that he'd move from one tender subject to another and bring up my dad. I still wasn't ready to really talk about that to anyone, which I guess was why I'd become so intent on being alone as much as possible.

"What are you going to be building? Do you know yet? Have you used the magic yet? Is it hard?"

"I don't know." I answered sheepishly. "Gaucho said something about some pillars, but I think I need to talk to Cera and Maren first? I'm not sure.." I guess I would know if I hadn't been avoiding my brother like he had a disease. "And no ... not yet. I'm kinda scared? Nervous? I don't want to screw up. I don't even know how it works yet.. I really need to speak with Cera, I guess."

"."

@[Rhoa]

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-04-2015, 08:52 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Rhoa - 06-06-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-08-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Rhoa - 06-08-2015, 10:11 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-08-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Rhoa - 06-08-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-09-2015, 10:05 PM