the Rift

[OPEN] some things just don't mix

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
<style type="text/css">
.titles { width: 320px; line-height: 56%; font-family: rochester; font-size: 70px; text-align: center; color: #FE7597; text-transform: lowercase; border-bottom: 1px dotted #83E1CD; padding-bottom: 14px; position: relative; z-index: 2; margin-bottom: 10px; text-shadow: 1px 1px #F9FFDF, 2px 2px #FCCFCC; padding-top: 6px; }
#faclaim { width: 320px; height: 320px; position: relative; overflow: hidden; margin-top: 10px; }
.fcl { float: left; }
.fcl label { display: block; width: 160px; height: 160px; position: relative; transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -moz-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -ms-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; }
.fcl input[type=checkbox] { display: none; }
.fcb { position: absolute; width: 148px; height: 154px; left: 0; top: 0px; background-color: #fff; z-index: -1; transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -moz-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -ms-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 1s ease-in-out; -webkit-transform: scale(0); -moz-transform: scale(0); -o-transform: scale(0); overflow: auto; text-align: center; font-family: arial; font-size: 10px; line-height: 114%; padding: 6px 2px 0px 0px; } .fcb::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 4px; }
.fcb label { position: absolute; top: -1px; left: 1px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; text-transform: uppercase; width: 4px; height: 4px; color: #000; text-align: center; background: transparent; z-index: 8; }
.fcl input[type=checkbox]:checked ~ label ~ .fcb { z-index: 5; opacity: 1; height: 154px; width: 158px; background-color: #fff; -webkit-transform: scale(1); -moz-transform: scale(1); -o-transform: scale(1); }
.bluie { width: 160px; height: 110px; text-align: center; line-height: 100%; font-family: rochester; font-size: 48px; color: #83E1CD; text-shadow: 1px 1px #F9FFDF, 2px 2px #C8FADB; text-transform: lowercase; background: #fff; padding-top: 50px; }
.pinkie { width: 160px; height: 110px; text-align: center; line-height: 100%; font-family: rochester; font-size: 48px; color: #ffffff; text-shadow: 1px 1px #F9FFDF, 2px 2px #FCCFCC; text-transform: lowercase; background: #fff; padding-top: 50px; }
</style>
Rhoa

"She's a few seasons old now - but eager to make a place for herself in the world." At least I think she is. To be fair, I haven't actually spent that much time with her - she is usually with Hawke, and together they seem always to be on some adventure. I shrug mildly. I don't have the same concerns as Ranjiri does - hardly anything even happens during patrols, so what's the harm?

I promptly decide to shut up as she continues. Why had I even said anything in the first place? Stabbed in the heart whenever anyone talks about him Good job Rhoa. A+. Why not bring up her dead brother and remind her how yours is still alive? That's some great diplomacy. Mother would be so pleased. My ears falter backwards slightly as this negative voice berates my thoughts. It isn't wrong though and I can feel myself wincing at her words as I cast my eyes away. Point taken I think to myself, and vow not to bring it up anymore.

I listen to her describe her insecurities, and it causes my sea-green gaze to rise to find hers. She seems ... so strong, even when she was speaking of things which were sad, there was a hardiness about her. To admit such worry, especially to me, a near stranger, only proved her strength. At least in my mind.

I laugh easily and shake my head. "I don't think you have anything to worry about. When Bucephalus was made crafter, I can't even tell you how many pieces of junk I would find laying around. Misshaped metal, metal too thin -" I laugh again. "And if Father could stand that, I'm sure he'll be alright with however long it takes you. Besides, after our season of crafting most of the larger things are done already, aren't they? So there's nothing pressing." I find my voice flows easily and comfortably now that we aren't talking about the subject of death or loneliness.

"I was helping Maren with her church a few seasons ago ... I've never had the crafting magic, but I would be happy to help you gather resources." I smile at her, and then realize how many times she had emphasized needing Cera's help. Never once had she insinuated that she might need mine. Coughing to cover up this potential blunder, I shrugged casually. "That is, if you need it."

Messages In This Thread
some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-04-2015, 08:52 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Rhoa - 06-06-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-08-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Rhoa - 06-08-2015, 10:11 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-08-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Rhoa - 06-08-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-09-2015, 10:05 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Rhoa - 06-14-2015, 11:34 AM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-14-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Rhoa - 06-18-2015, 09:39 AM
RE: some things just don't mix - by Ranjiri - 06-21-2015, 05:45 PM