the Rift

[OPEN] Knock, Knock {Joining}

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

Frostfall has arrived, and with the first gentle flurries of flakes from the sky, you point yourself south. The journey to the borders of the Dragon’s Throat is uneventful, but still you are nervous. It has been many weeks since you have last seen Bucephalus, and you find yourself wondering if his invitation to join him still stands. Fervently, you hope so—where else do you have to turn? The gates of your past have clanged shut behind you, and the only place left to look is to the future. You were not made to be a solitary creature; and even though you may not deserve it, you crave the warmth and reassurance of others, of family, especially now that none of your own remain.

It still hurts, knowing you have lost both Th’orqui and Quil in one fell swoop, and your nights are often filled with quiet tears and muffled sobs. During the day, the loss settles into a dull ache that throbs next to your heart, punctuated only by the sharp pangs of guilt that strike you every so often, as you remember how you abandoned your last herd. Despite Bucephalus’ advice, you have not returned to the Edge, nor visited the Falls since your return to Helovia—the shame is too great. Even now, you feel a sense of trepidation about the impending arrangement, if the Throat will have you. You want a clean slate, but will they want you? You can only hope that Bucephalus’ kingdom will take you in and allow you to live a quiet and unobtrusive life within their borders, for now that is what you’re best suited for. No longer princess, no longer Seer: just Nasreen, plain and simple.

@[Bucephalus] and open—Nasreen’s joining thread c;

"speech"

Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

She had been practicing with her shield, taking it out and blowing it back to size, then whipping it around to defend from some unseen attack, all as quickly as she could. A time or two she'd accidentally flung the shield away in her rush, or bruised some part of her body for the third time that day, but all of the mistakes and the victories, however small, assisted her skill. By the end of it, she had worked up a mild sweat, even this time of the year.

Shaking herself off Ampere glanced over to the pillars out of habit more than anything, and there noticed a figure on the other side. It was far, and Ampere squinted as she tried to see, but it seemed like the shape had wings. Stretching out her own, Ampere leapt into the winds after a stretch of galloping. She coasted on their warm thermals easily, relishing the weightlessness that flight always brought her; a sense of freedom and escape, even when she was hurtling right into duty.

Easily flapping over the sea that split the herd from the mainland, Ampere drifted towards the mare that waited patiently, her features unfamiliar to the Mother of Companions. It didn't matter though, the mare was respectful and winged, she was practically a sister already. "Hi!" she called out as she flew overhead, descending to land amid the sand, black wings sweeping back to corral the wind while her legs stretched out to greet the earth. Turning to face the stranger, Ampere lent her the bright blue of her gaze, a gentle smile curving on her dark lips. "I'm surprised you didn't use your wings to come over," Ampere began casually, and honestly. "Or were you just looking? Either way, welcome to the Dragon's Throat, what can we do for you?"

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Bucephalus the Morningstar

He hadn't been combing the beach, he told himself.

She didn't want/need to come, she probably found her home back in the Edge.

He should visit her.

Over and over the thoughts danced through his mind, every evening he'd glide over the border of the Throat, his gaze drawn to the mainland in the distance, waiting for a certain winged figure to appear through the surf and haze of heat. She never did, though that didn't stop him from continuing his routine. Azeeza had enough of it, and preferred to remain back by his roost and sleep, rather than fly the long stretch searching for a mare she didn't particularly care for.

She wasn't going to come. She was going to come.

A glimpse of black and blue turned Bucephalus's gaze from the mainland shore to the strip of earth beneath him. He watched as Ampere descended, with the energy and power he knew she possessed in every fiber of her being, a creature of air as much as he. What drew her down to the earth, then? He dropped his altitude, golden eyes roaming to figure out what she was aiming for.

She was here.

His wings missed a beat, but he smoothly turned it into a steep dive. Wind screamed as his mass tore through it like a knife, every facet of his body built for this type of cutting speed. Rapidly the earth loomed, almost eager in it's desire to meet him and pulverize his body to mush. The earth was denied this day, for the Morningstar flared his wings, cupping the air to halt his descent, gaze focused upon Nasreen, a wide grin already breaking out upon his features. His hooves hit the sand and continued in a prance, wings tucking to his sides as Bucephalus strolled over to the pair of mares(heh, rhymes), ears pricked sharp, that grin of his filled with delight and a bit of smug-ness.

Of course she came. He had asked her... so she would, right? They were friends... right?

"Nasreen! You've kept me waiting." He mock-scolded, halting before the pair, dipping his head in respect to Ampere before once more looking to Nasreen. "You've been well?" He asked, quieter this time, his grin fading a bit in it's brightness. Suddenly a feeling of...anxiety came over him, and he began rocking left-to-right slightly, gaze flickering between Nasreen and Ampere.

Both had seen him at his worst, Ampere however had gotten a full episode, whilst Nasreen only a peek. Ears pinned back the slightest bit, a tired-sort of wariness replacing the delight that had been in his gold eyes as he watched them both, unsure now of his position with them, of the strength of friendship he had with either of them.

OOC: oh hello weird style hi I like you.
Tag; @[Ampere] @[Nasreen]

Can't Chain Me Down
I'm Comin' At You At The Speed Of Sound
Image by Yewrezz :: Table

Pixel by Aud

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

You have never been particularly shy, but somehow you can’t help but feel as if you are intruding. When Kahlua had invited you to join her family, she had taken you straight to the Edge from the Threshold, but Bucephalus had told you to meet him…so where was he? However, you are not waiting long before a dark shape appears in the sky. Copper head darts up, and for a moment your breath catches in your throat…but no, it is not Bucephalus—you can tell by the flying. While his movement is seemingly always punctuated by sudden dives, spirals, and barrel rolls, the figure approaching you is graceful but direct. You shift your weight nervously as the unfamiliar pegasus draws closer, revealing a small but muscular mare whose dark body is accented by a beautiful electric blue.

“Hi!” she calls out just before landing, and you start to feel a little better when she adds in a friendly tone, “I’m surprised you didn’t use your wings to come over.” You duck your head, a little unsure. Should you have waited at the shores of the island instead? “Or were you just looking?” the stranger continues. “Either way, welcome to the Dragon’s Throat, what can we do for you?”

Encouraged by the mare’s smile, you offer a tentative one of your own. “Hello…I’m Nasreen,” you begin by way of introduction. “I didn’t know where the border was…but I’m looking for Bucephalus?” His name, like so many other things about him, is a question. “I thought we were supposed to meet here—but maybe I was wrong,” you add quickly, feeling uncertain and more than a little embarrassed. Grey eyes seek the mare’s blue ones, wondering if you appear as lost as you feel.

You are so focused on the dark mare that you do not notice the figure in the distance until he comes screaming out of the sky in that trademark way of his, startling you backward as he pounds into the ground. As the dust settles and your heartbeat slows, flinty hooves kiss the sand as he prances toward you, grinning. “You’ve kept me waiting,” he drawls, pausing for a moment to dip his head to the black and blue mare. Your mouth opens wordlessly, defensive, before you realize that he is teasing. “You’ve been well?” he asks, lowering his voice. And though perhaps you should be more gracious considering the circumstances of your arrival, you shrug slightly in response, brushing away the question since you are unable to answer it in the affirmative. “Bucephalus.”

Suddenly, the grin slips from his face, and he appears slightly nervous, gaze darting between you and the other mare. You don’t know what has caused the shift, but when it becomes apparent that he doesn’t intend to speak, you realize that you’ll have to take things upon yourself to explain your presence. You clear your throat uncomfortably and address the dark mare once more. “Bucephalus has offered me a home here,” you tell her. “I came wondering if the offer still stands?” Though you’re looking at her, the last question is pointed at the stag between you. Did he intend to make good on his promise?

"speech"

Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
His question to her health was shrugged away, and the only thing he could think of was the night in the grove, her tears and warm body against his. Tears he had helped to cause, and though he did his best to patch it up that night...

Was she still wounded so badly?

"Nasi-...Nasreen, i offered you a home, and I never go back on my word. The Throat will have you, if you will have it." He spoke firmly, with determination, fightong to not look at Ampere in challenge. He didn't think she would object, but there was a strange irrationality to his defensiveness. However his golden eyes softened, and he unfurled a wing, gesturing to the beach. "Would you like to walk? I can show you some landmarks so you don't loose your way."

A cover-up for what he really wanted; to drag her away from Ampere, so he could ask her what he could do to help heal the damage he tore open. Strange what this little pegasus did, he didn't feel sympathy so much as a genuine desire to help her... and even his darker part remained quiet(mostly) around her.

Fuck he was loosing it.

@[Nasreen]

Pixel by Aud