the Rift

[OPEN] i've got my heart right here --

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark
DESTRY
 I had felt it, a gentle blip in reality. It felt odd, as if I’d become trapped within sap, casually sinking deeper into a desolate void of nothing. The child within my womb kicked and squirmed, unaffected, but I remained trapped, the breath in my lungs slow, any attempt at words were unrecognizable drawls of syllables. I closed my eyes and hoped for the best, dreaming of far off places, mystical adventures with Aurelia, cozy nights huddled together beneath watchful stars. 

I seemed to be trapped for a lifetime, helplessly drifting in my mass of space and thoughts, ideas ravishing my mind, creating chaos and destruction as I feel my legs reach the ground, legs tumbling beneath me as my bones shift and adjust to the unfamiliarity of walking. My weight is pressed lightly, delicate dances over the softened earth. I can feel fatigue caress my quaking body, desperate to bring me to my knees beneath the shade of a giant tree. I follow its commands with ease, slipping into the grass with a satisfied sigh. 

I had closed my eyes for only a moment before my breath is sucked in, lashes fluttering and pain twisting in my abdomen. My tangled limbs straighten frantically, my need for relief turning from a simple want to a desperate need. Mangled gasps sputter from my lips as my body erupts in pain, huffs and coughs signaling my struggle to inhale. I felt my lower half being split open, something tearing through it, wiggling and slipping about in a mess of fluids. I felt my muscles clench and release, an overwhelming desire to get rid of this foreign object compelling me to push. My face contorts, discomfort and pain colliding as I squirm uneasily. I feel my body loosen, the form sliding out with ease. I lay and pant, barely making an effort to move as I feel the intense burn of my muscles. Fatigue is warded off by the rush of birth, and I lay expecting to grow tired, only to be struck with more pains. 

I go through the same process of short breaths, pained gasps and salty tears running down from my eyes as I struggle through the burning within my body. Again something begins to tear through, smaller, easier to push out. It comes out with a pathetic flop, little legs kicking at my butt as I push out remnants, the aftermath of carrying the foals. It takes me but a second before I’m up, looming over the two precious children, doting upon them with relief and worry colliding with an overwhelming sense of joy. I had done it; I had given birth to the two, quiet babies that lay entangled together upon the grass. I bend my neck, lapping away at their bloodied coats in an attempt to make them presentable. They were both struck with darker hues, the little filly freckled with lavishing gold just as her mother was, her featherless wings grasped at her gently rising sides. My muzzle lingers on her for another moment before passing between the children, resting now on the colt. I felt my throat clench and close up as his breaths come out in stutters, an uneven rhythm to his breathing. I stand, hesitant to continue cleaning him as my nose presses against his lightning marked sides, eyes widening ever so slightly when his breathing stops short a moment.  I could feel his lungs, struggling to expand as he lies on his side, eyes still shut tight. 

Yseult had panicked at the sign of my anguish; her frantic flapping could be heard in the distance. It’s alright, just go find Aurelia for me, I mutter, looking down at my children, struck with the desire to protect them. My motherly instincts had kicked in, whirling as I quietly preened the delicate little featherless wings, combing through their manes and tails with my teeth. I kept my eye on the weak condition of the colt, trying to soothe myself as I swept my tongue over their fluffy little manes. I peered over at the little babe, the one whose breathing was off. He had not made any attempts to move, and his eyes were open now… but something was wrong. Milky, unfocused eyes appeared dazed, distant. I nudged his cheek, gentle as if he would break if I pressed any harder. He leaned into the touch, but his eyes made no attempt to look at me. Yseult, something’s wrong with him. I cried, inhaling deeply to hold in my panic and I swept my wings over the two newborns, trying to keep them from the frigid temperatures while my panic settled in. 

-- woo the twins are finally here !!! 
"talk" 
art by ducky -- table by wanda

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Alala POV

The world is dry and also wet and cold and-- oh, wait. Where is that warm coming from? The pinpoint of warmth touching my...everywhere. I think it's the blue sky above me that makes me warm. My scarlet eyes gaze upwards, only to be blinded by the most powerful thing ever. It's called, The Big Ball of Fire in the Sky. Yup, that's it's name, it's swanky name. So TBBoFitS, it's name's abbreviation, warms me, but blinds me. My eyelids flutter and I have to look away from its intensity. TBBoFitS is one bright mother trucker, for sure. I hear something in my mind, feel it. These eyes that looked at TBBoFitS not long ago fix on a feeble thing next to me. It has little furry lumps on it's sides and a big bump on it's head. It's black, I think. I don't know colors well, but I am sure this thing is black. My first thought is, WOW, I WANT FURRY LUMPS! but transitions slowly to, WHAT IS TOUCHING ME OMIGOSH!?! My now-wide eyes frantically shoot around, looking for what touches me. It is black. She's black. So black it's mesmerizing. She has big furry lumps on her withers too. And she has a pointy thing on her head. It's scary. All of this is scary.

Tears pour from my eyes and I lay there, a wet heap on the ground. Sobbing because-- because what? I can. I don't feel cramped and clustered, not squished next to my brother, not confined in the right quarters of the stomach I was just in. Speaking of that, how did I get in there? Did the black It eat me? Oh gosh, that's scary. It grows tall, A big body balancing on its legs. Is that Mom? Is the black, horse-eating, tall It, mom? Mom, mom, mom. I like that. With all the power inside of me, I try saying it, saying Mom. "MURGMEE!" I squeal, my high-pitched voice squeaky and no doubt irritating. My attempt at speaking has failed, my words sounding like nothing but gibberish. The tears halt as the It-- mom, touches me. The brief sensation of her whiskered nostrils sliding across my damp fur was nice and soothing. This feeling vanishes as she moves to the dark wet lump next to me with the little wing-lumps on his side. My brow furrows as I watch, still secretly jealous that he has wings and I clearly don't, nor do I have a nubby horn either. But it's something else, something beyond that. He is still, eerily so. Did I squish him in the stomach? I'm sorry little dude.

I lay on my side now as sleep pulls at me, beckons me, but something isn't right. I don't feel comfortable. I shift around and crane my head around to look at my flanks. 2 thoughts float into my mind. 1: HELL YES I HAVE FURRY WING LUMPS ALSO. 2: Why aren't they letting my lay down comfortably? I flap them around wildly, giving up the idea of sleep. When a bout of courage washes over me, my butt shoot upwards, my big-kneed hind legs wobbling under the weight of my haunches. Before I can get my fore legs erect under me, my butt comes crashing down and I'm a wet heap on the floor again. I give up standing for now and simply lay.

Then it hits me. The frigidness around me. How everything is cold. I want to go back, back into her stomach. Then they explode. They being Mom's big wings. And in a frantic motion they cover us, warm us, comfort us. And I am finally whisked to sleep, a smile smile on my lips.

Ooc- I'll do Aurelia now but I just wanted to get this up first :)

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Shahrokh Posts: 19
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 2 years
dark
<style> .shah b { color: #847D47; font-variant: small-caps; } .shah a { color: #4D522A; } .shah a { font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 11px; font-family: 'Times'; text-shadow: 0 0; } .shah-credit a { color: rgba(255,255,255,.25); } .shah hr { height: 3px; background: #3A130E; } </style>
i wish i could write more but i didnt have time :c --

The small, cramped world I’d been familiar with came convulsing and expanding around me as my womb mate slipped from my tangled grasp, leaving me alone for a beat before I too was swallowed by contracting muscles. I was pressed, squeezed and pushed out of the sac I’d called home. My body clenched and I lay desperately still upon the cold ground, my first breath a painful stab to the lung as I gasp and pant for air. My skin tingles, flightless appendages pulling closer to me. My world is still an unbelievable blackness, a dark void of nothingness. Warm air is exhaled, rolling over my trembling body, a plush nose pushing against my side, shaky breathes weak and pathetic compared to the thundering snorts coming from the hovering figure above me. I knew simply that warmth and comfort would be provided by this presence, but I made no attempt to reach it. I lay there, flat on my side with short rasps escaping my rattling lips. I feel a light pressure against my cheek, curiously leaning into the strange contact with an overwhelming need to know what it was, but an agonizing fear of what exactly it was. It left me only a moment after, leaving my head to return to its original position resting against the surface beneath me.

My sister was somewhere next to me, the delicate bells ringing within my mind as I give her a nudge through the all too familiar mental connection, a silent plea to know what was happening. I felt anxiety and doubts washing over my feeble frame, breaths quickening as I felt alone in such a terrifyingly open space. Without the touch of my sister I felt disconnected, the only tie to my newborn sanity is the silver lining of our telepathy. I gave out a panicked grunt, sides heaving in desperation as I lay motionless against the rough, frozen floor. I released a frightened whine, the cold seeping into my sides as I don’t bother moving, frozen in a panic.

The sound of something ruffling, it was a gentle caress of warmth against my quaking body. I stilled, internally shutting down at the light touch of something so foreign yet familiar. Who was this? Why were they so kind and caring? The questions flooded into my fragile mind before I could get the chance to process them, kicking my legs in shock and out of fear of the unknown. What was it? I lift my nose, straining to reach out and touch something. My nose bumps against something thick and solid; it was warm and tickled my nose. Again I felt an ominous, warm pressure, this time against my brow. I tried to lean into it again, soothed by whosever touch it was. I felt my fears ease away, washed from my skin by this comforting existence. My breathing had regulated.

“talk talk talk.”
-- table by velvette --
[Image: dark1_by_schwartze-d8al7s3.png]
and this is the world as i see it now,
turns out nothing is fair

Alala Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I am late, I missed the birth completely and only knew to come because of Destry's companion, Yseult. Destry's is with our child, and a large smile graces my lips as I move to stand next to her. "Destry, are you okay?" Her wings shielded the child so I could not see the babe, and I desperately wanted to. I swung my quarters around so I was head to head with my mate. Dropping my head, I glance under her wings and see not one, but two children. They appear to be sleeping, settled. "Twins! We've had twins!" I beamed, still not understanding why she didn't look happy, pleased.

I sink to the ground, poking my head towards the babes. They both have featherless wings and seem to be darkly colored. Destry's wings block some of the view and I can mostly just see two butt's, both small with baby hairs. I nudge the smaller one, with golden dapples first, and she wags her tail, probably trying to alert me that she is sleeping. I nudge the other, but there is no response. Is it dead? Immediately, I shoot upwards, standing. My brows furrow and my smile fades. "What happened?" I don't wait for an answer before I speak again, a maternal worry setting deep in my gut. "Should I get a medic? I have the World's Edge's permission to reside there with you. We could take them there? Or the Throat? Are they healthy? I can go get a medic, but I don't want to leave you, Destry". The words spewed out, a nonstop train of word vomit, but I was nervous, scared. My love for Destry was great, but my love for these children was in behemoth amounts. I wanted to stay with her, but help them. I silently prayed a medic or someone with medical knowledge would come by and help, make sure the colt is okay and healthy, then make sure the girl is healthy. This throbbing worry spread throughout my entire skeleton. That, along with the excitement created a concoction of emotions that made me nauseous. We would be okay, I know it.

Ooc- this is so bad I'm sorry o.o posting on alala's account bc I used Aurelia's for the last one so the post counts are correct now :)

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

destry</style>
the moment of truth and the moment to lie

the moment to live and the moment to die

the moment to fight for what’s right</style>

I tried deathly hard not to slip away into my state of emptiness, becoming an emotional void that simply takes on a physical form. The overwhelming need to slip away from reality pulls at me despite my protests, despite my need to remain here and watch over the precious children I'd only just delivered into the world. I linger over them, head resting on the little girl before I switch, momentarily freezing up at the faint touch and whimper of the trembling colt. I close my eyes, breathing in as he draws away and returns to laying against the snow. I remain like so, still and quiet as the world around me drops away, the calming of my mind becoming my main priority. It would be okay, the colt is okay. Right?

I heard someone, an eye prying open to greet the soft, golden features of Aurelia. I give a small, meek smile as she hovers over me, obliviously delighted by the thought of twins.  I barely make the effort of nodding my head, looking down at the smallest babe with my brows knit. I listen to her ramble, questions gushing from her mouth like water bursting through a dam, overflowing from every damn crevice. I look up at her, ears swiveling back as I bite my tongue, breathing in before I snap. "He's not dead." I mutter, swallowing as I look down upon the feeble child. "He's just.. having a little trouble. It'll be okay."  My voice breaks at the end as I swallow, knowing that it probably won't be okay. From the cloudiness of his eyes it's apparent he won't be seeing anytime soon, and that worries me. I can't let my child wander alone in the world, but I can't turn him into something dependent and desperately reliant on others. A knot in my stomach tells me I'm going to be doing exactly that, making him a dependent child who cannot wander too far from me. 

"I'm so sorry, Aur. I-I really am. I didn't mean for it to turn out like this.. l-look at h-him. He can't e-even see, i-it's my fault. S-stupid.." I inhale sharply, trying to prevent myself from crying. It was my fault, I was the one who bore the children, obviously I'd done something to mess him up this bad. I let my body slump, head hanging low as I try and collect myself. I needed to stop before I pushed myself too far towards the edge and ended up spiraling into a deep, dark spell of melancholy. "Um.. names... we should figure out names." I whisper hoarsely, shuddering breathes escaping my lips as I look down weakly at the two children swept beneath my wings. 

"Talking"

ooc table is being wonky :c | wordcount 454 | tags -

image by aling_ @ flickr.com

lyrics belongs to This Is War by 30 Seconds To Mars
(modified)</style>

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse