the Rift

[OPEN] four : snows and sorrows

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
The cold cut through her thin winter coat. Hailing from the south, the mare was accustomed to a rather more mild winter chill than what the Steppe was offering. Frostfall always affected the lands of the North, but Cirrus had never seen snow quite like this before. The clouds above were constantly overcast, her own pelt reflecting this as it mimicked the cloudscape above - churning with dark greys and blues, something flashing with the remnants of lightning the sky cast down upon the earth. The mare was huddled beneath the boughs of a cluster of trees, her feathers fluffed to keep her bodice warm, her leonine tail curled around her frame to add to the effect.

Her breaths danced before her as strange misty shapes for moments as her nostrils pushed the cold air in and the warm air out of her lungs. Shivers ran through her, though they were not severe - she would die of hypothermia, she was just feeling the chill of the season. The cloudmare didn't plan on staying long here - she had needed to get away from it all, from the task that had been placed upon her, from the thoughts that kept on creeping up, the hopes that her heart wanted to cling to but hr mind refused to let her.

What if…
What if…

She shivered again, wondering just what 'gift' the God had in store for her at the end of all this. What kind of 'healing' was she going to receive, what kind of reward for her butchery? No, she didn't want to think about it, for one day, she just didn't want to.

But it was always there, that haunting echo, that dark reminder, of what she must do.

For @[Rohan] to NPC in C:
& open for anyone!

Cirrus the WindDancer

sxc.hu
larfsalot on deviantart
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

NPC Posts: 298
    User-based Random Event
    Stallion :: Equine :: ::
    The Creature
    The Creature runs.

His lean, willowy body slithers over the white wasteland, muscled legs thrusting him through the fine powder of snow with aching, weary strides. But still he forces himself forward, ignoring the throb as stringy flesh pushes and pulls beneath a hairy and scaly hide. From a distance, he might be mistaken for a wolf—but a closer examination reveals something much different. In places along his body, his thick winter fur is mingled with the scales of reptiles, his furry tail poised much like that of a snake, complimented by the ophidian eyes that scowl from beneath a heavy brow.

Beneath the ashen wall of blustery Frostfall clouds, the Creature finds himself alone. Alone and running—running away. There is no destination that he seeks save for an escape, a release from the memories that perhaps only exhaustion can give. Gradually as he crosses the arctic tundra, the Creature feels his muscles become heavy, weighing against his bones, numbing the images and horrors that are burned in his mind’s eye.

The infection.

Pain.

Murder.

So he pushes himself faster, faster, faster. Days-old wounds, still gaping and raw, leak their thick, grisly liquid—his beating heart pumping it from his veins until it mats fur to scale, dripping slowly down his legs and staining each paw print with its bloody smear.

Growling a hiss, the Creature lunges forward even harder, labored breaths curling in white wisps across his face. As reckless as he pushes himself, fatigued muscles fail him at last. Stumbling, he falls roughly forward, a wave of snow—pushed by the force of his wiry body—flying headlong into the white wilderness. He lays still for several moments, the wind tousling his fur and biting at his raw flesh like a vulture to putrid meat. Through the glare of half-lidded eyes, he sees a shadow break away from the clump of trees not far away—movement, approaching. The Creature stirs, lifting his head and flicking his long tail, hissing a snarl of warning at the stranger.

- - - - - - -
    notes; Sorry for the delay!
    tag; @[Cirrus]
    “Speech.”
    I’ll get under your skin
    Image Credit

Official Posts: 847
    Administrator
    Stallion :: Equine :: ::
    Official
    unarchived per request

Cirrus Posts: 233
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
    Whit
    No matter the season, it was always guaranteed to be chilly in the northern reaches of the realm. Cirrus remembered coming here with her mother, she remembered meeting Mauja for the first time, and a griffin, and Ink.. Was it really that many turns of the seasons ago? she pondered, as she leant against the timber, wondering if she had even picked the same tree which the griffin had roosted up when she first met it. I can't even remember her name.. she thought sadly, wondering if her own name was remembered in anyone's thoughts anymore. Cirrus had become something of a loner, a hermit of her own mind and body, a recluse, afraid? or otherwise unwilling to reveal herself to the company of others. Why? She couldn't say even if she wanted to - she didn't know why she was the way she was - she simply.. was.

Huddled beneath the embrace of her own wings, the mare was feeling the temperatures surrounding her dropping and dropping, listening to the wind howling across the frozen tundra made her miss the toasty, sunburnt climes of her birthland. I don't know how the unicorns do it, she thought, not even sure whether the unicorns still lived up here, not even sure that she actually cared - for that would involve something akin to living, and interacting, and Cirrus was not inspired to do either of those things today, or in the near future.

Muffled movements of something she had never seen before caused her to raise her gaze, however the following snarl triggered a more basic reaction. Fight or flight - it went through her in a flash, the decision to take wing rather than face whatever it is that was dying in the snow. I won't be your Grim Reaper today, she thought sadly, as she left the forlorn beast collapsed in the snow, willing wind and speed to fill her feathers and carry her far, far away.

FYI: Cirrus has bailed on this thread as I have other threads nearing completion and do not need the token from this one.
    Cirrus the WindDancer

sxc.hu
    larfsalot on deviantart
    as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c: