the Rift

[OPEN] promise me i'm breathing

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
The ocean blue mare had not intended to leave the Aurora Basin so quickly after returning, but the severity of Frostfall has blanketed the mountainous valley is several feet of snow, forcing many of the residents to stay in their respective caves. Tiamat had been among them; with her satin coat and slender figure, she is hardly built for the bitter, harsh winter of the mountains (no matter how much at home she might feel in her heart). But she had quickly grown restless with only the stony walls of her hollow for company, and so had ventured from the Basin’s borders when the snowfall was a little more forgiving.

Her muscles had quickly grown tired from the descent, but she had pushed herself on through the powdery snow, only stopping to rest when she felt the ground level beneath her hooves at last. After that it had been a blur—the whiteness melting the scenery together into one continuous landscape, morphing feet into miles, until she cannot determine how long she’s been roaming through the wilds of Helovia. While the effort of trudging through the snow has left her sore and weary, the blue mare’s spirits are hardly dampened.

After years of searching, worrying, and hoping, she is finally able to be home again. Her beloved mother sky has been found, watching over her white-eyed daughter once more. Even as the winter winds howl, their voices wailing mournfully in her ears and their teeth stinging her soft skin, she whispers to them. “Take care, winter winds—mama will watch over you,” she murmurs through chattering teeth, the wind locking and carrying her words away across rolling plains and thick woods. “Mama will watch over you,” she repeats for herself, holding the knowledge close to her heart.

Arching her supple body against the roar of the winds, light catches the blue mare’s attention—shifting, reflecting, dancing through the flakes of snow, the glowing beacon guides her forward. The light leads her into the heart of Helovia’s caverns, cutting off the winds and leaving them to wail somberly behind her as she presses forward, too curious to linger at the bite and gale of the entrance.

Tiamat allows the tunnel to guide her, dainty ears twisting in wary curiosity when she feels the ground grow soft underfoot, but any caution is all but forgotten as the tunnel opens. The room is large, and—and glowing. Beautiful trees, with mushrooms that radiate a soft light—and vines that drape from their boughs, with flowers that seem to have captured the brilliance of the stars themselves. “What a place this is,” she whispers to herself, in awe.

But amidst the beauty and wonder of it all, Tiamat’s attention is stolen by a figure—a horned equine creature, seemingly crumpled among the bed of moss and grass. “Are you all right?” Tiamat gasps, anxious to offer aid if she can. It is only as she draws near when she notices the other creature—the…thing that she has no idea what it is, but it certainly doesn’t look nice. “Miss?” Tiamat hesitates, eyeing the thing. Deciding that she can’t possibly allow her anxiety to impede the health of this good stranger, the ocean blue mare stretches forward, nudging the other’s cheek gently. “You’re not alone, friend,” she encourages, trying to swallow her fear of the…whatever it is.

notes;; hopefully this is okay!
tag;; @[Sikeax]
“Speech.”

img © Malene Thyssen
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
promise me i'm breathing - by Sikeax - 06-10-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: promise me i'm breathing - by Tiamat - 06-18-2015, 12:41 AM
RE: promise me i'm breathing - by Sikeax - 07-19-2015, 06:01 PM
RE: promise me i'm breathing - by Blu - 08-26-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: promise me i'm breathing - by Tiamat - 08-27-2015, 04:08 AM