the Rift

[OPEN] promise me i'm breathing

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
White eyes, glistening with concern beneath the strange lights of the exotic cave plants, search the other mare’s features for any sign of movement—but she sees nothing. There is life, but no emotion; hollow and grave are the lines of the stranger’s face, and the ocean mare’s heart hurts to see her in such dismay. So empty and so cold—the young unicorn wishes for nothing but to see a spark in her eyes. Anything to prove that a soul lays rest beneath these bones.

Reaching forward, Tiamat hovers over the pale maiden, the warmth of her breath wafting across unfamiliar skin before she glances anxiously above them. Tangled in the darkness of shadows and boughs, the creature watches them. The menacing red eyes, glowing and intense in their ferocity, pierce through the ocean mare as though it were a knife; she feels the fear stabbing at her, the more primal part of her conscious screaming at her to run, to find shelter and put as much distance between herself and this monster as possible.

But she doesn’t.

She stays.

Because there is a greater part of her—a part of her soul, her being, that cannot abandon the pale stranger. She stands guard with shaking limbs, calling upon the courage that has served her well in the past, and clings to what she knows she must do. So intent is she in her resolution that Tiamat nearly misses the whispering groan of the other mare, dainty ears pricking and her head lowering again to catch the words that sigh from the stranger’s tongue. They are broken and empty, but somehow profound all the same. There is a chill that grows with each word, threatening to settle on her back and crawl down her spine with the eerie depth of the needle-point balance between solitude and companionship.

Tiamat finds herself falling silent—not a common occurrence for a character as spirited as herself—with only the gasping, lingering lilt of a question drawing forth a breath, and then a voice, from her lips. “I am,” she whispers—almost fervently—to the stranger, unmoving in her purpose even as her body trembles, “I am with you.” She falls silence for a long moment—seconds or minutes, she isn’t sure—but eventually she forces her own inquiry from the quivering of her throat. “He…is he yours?” White eyes, wide with something between wonder and terror, shift slowly again to the scaled beast. She sees his power, his strength, his dominion—and suddenly she knows that he, whatever he is, could never be owned.

“Are you his?” The ocean mare says with the shadow of a gasp grasping at her voice, and her shining eyes move again to the strange maiden. There is something new in Tiamat’s expression—horror, wonder, surprise, pity—she doesn’t understand it as it wrestles in her heart, and she glances around her in her uneasiness. “You need strength, my friend—there are herbs here, one must be able to help you,” the blue unicorn fumbles around, still very much learning, but confident enough to find what she needs in the dim glow of the cave.

notes;; again I am SO sorry for the terrible wait!
“Speech.”

img © Malene Thyssen
@Sikeax
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
promise me i'm breathing - by Sikeax - 06-10-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: promise me i'm breathing - by Tiamat - 06-18-2015, 12:41 AM
RE: promise me i'm breathing - by Sikeax - 07-19-2015, 06:01 PM
RE: promise me i'm breathing - by Blu - 08-26-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: promise me i'm breathing - by Tiamat - 08-27-2015, 04:08 AM