the Rift

[PRIVATE] World at Large

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
     Rohan
    The stallion’s smirk—so characteristic to his lips that the gesture might as well become a part of him—deepens in its amusement with Rexanna’s quick-witted response. His broad chuckle rumbles for a moment longer, his mirth reaching up to twinkle in his eyes. “I think that can be arranged,” he nearly croons, shifting the weight of his large body so that it leans just a fraction closer to her. He could chalk it up as sharing body heat on a day as frigid as this, but let’s face the truth—the Warlander delights with the presence of a pretty lady. And she happens to be a pretty lady, so why should he not enjoy it?

Fluted ears catch her voice when she begins her introduction. His brow rises slightly when she references the Aurora Basin, his interest piqued. The great mysterious North. Mention of the mystical snowy valley has caught him quite a bit lately that he can’t help but be curious—all information from the mouths of enchanting young ladies, as fate would have it. Part of him demands why he hasn’t at least wandered there yet, but then Sialia’s words return to him. The Basin only accepts those of its own kind. It is an ideal that he struggles deeply with. Why should it matter?

Perhaps a part of him is afraid that he will become so enthralled by the mysteriousness and beauty of it, that he will have no choice but to join the herd of the North. And does he really want to belong to a realm that is so sorely segregated? A proper kingdom shouldn’t have to rely on such self-absorbed prejudices.

Flicking his unruly tail, Rohan pushes these thoughts aside, sure that they are not important now. “Adventure does happen to suit me well,” the antlered stallion continues, the transition smooth with a simpering grin flashing across his lips, “my heart’s wanderlust is rarely satisfied. I am new to Helovia myself—I have yet to see a full season, and have been trying to familiarize myself with its wonders. I am loyal to no herd yet.” He ends with a sort of finality, the hunger for adventure—for excitement, for the unknown—clear in the tone of his voice. Rohan likes to think himself unbridled and uninhibited in his wanderings.

However, his demeanor shifts just slightly when Rexanna inquires of his own history. It is an innocent question, surely, but the Warlander can’t help but stiffen, his thoughts running away with him a little. Instantly he is guarded, suspicious. Promptly, he decides to abandon any mention of his royal heritage—Helovia will know him as simply Rohan; Rohan Kaerji, the lost prince, is gone. His father would be so devious to send a young and attractive mare after him, to find and exploit him, knowing well his son’s weakness for female flesh.

But before long he rationalizes with himself—he is being silly; he needs to relax, he needs to enjoy himself. He can’t allow his father’s ghost to haunt him here. All of this Rohan decides in a matter of seconds before continuing, his hesitation likely unnoticed by his pretty company. “I assure you there is nothing notable to know—only that I’m here now,” his smirk returns, “and I would venture to say that Helovia has treated me well thus far.”

tag; @[Rexanna]
    “Speech.”

Art Credit
Table by Alex
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
World at Large - by Rexanna - 06-11-2015, 08:36 PM
RE: World at Large - by Rexanna - 06-15-2015, 02:04 PM
RE: World at Large - by Rohan - 06-16-2015, 11:45 PM
RE: World at Large - by Rexanna - 06-17-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: World at Large - by Rohan - 06-17-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: World at Large - by Rexanna - 06-17-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: World at Large - by Rohan - 06-20-2015, 05:51 PM
RE: World at Large - by Rexanna - 06-23-2015, 01:42 AM
RE: World at Large - by Rohan - 07-10-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: World at Large - by Rexanna - 07-11-2015, 03:50 PM
RE: World at Large - by Rohan - 07-15-2015, 08:35 PM