the Rift

[PRIVATE] If Only In Our Dreams[Aelin]

Hawke Posts: 26
Hidden Account
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 1.5 Years || Orangemoon
Hades :: Greater Sooty Owl :: None Tribs
Sit on your golden throne and watch this battle from the safety I provide you.

He waited for her, in a land of dark crags and spires of stone. His world of dreams was colorless, stark, but not out of disregard for beauty or a harshness he held not. No, it was because he simply didn't know how to make it beautiful. His dreams were usually far out of his control, he being merely a puppet moving to the script of whatever being defined dreams. The Prince of Bones stood amongst the decaying world, and saw the beauty in it's strangeness.

Hades glided in, his dark wings blotting out the moonlight as he descended towards his bondmate; always were they together, be it in flesh or dream, for they had bonded when Hawke's mind was at it's most vulnerable, and even now it was still difficult to determine where Hawke ended and the owl began. So together they waited, Hawke standing on the brink of a ravine, his wings unfurled to feel the warm air that hissed from the crag.

"Where is she?" His blue eyes scanned the ash and soot world, impaience growing within the boy. So little was their time as Lord and Lady, for almost as quick as the dream began it ended, or at least that was how it felt. Hawke stamped a hoof, signaling his childish temper before he looed to the sky. Perhaps he should find her. Perhaps she had gotten lost somehow on the pathway into his blank canvas of a dream that awaited the one who could help him make it a thing of beauty.

The boy reared, and willed himself to change. Once his hooves hit the ground he was boy no longer, for now he looked as he hoped he would when he grew; Tall dark legs that lead to a muscular chest, thick neck draped with long strands of fine mane. His face was something rough, a bit unfinished in that regard; his features were soft and harsh, sharp and gentle, a mixture of Sohalia's feminine grace and Gaucho's masculine power. Or....at least how the boy pictured it. He reared once more, massing wings thrusting out, the silver undersides a sharp cry against the dark world. From his throat tore a cry that, thanks to the power of dream, made the earth itself tremble.

Here he was no child, no thing to be giggled at by fillies or attacked by demons. Here he was King, here he was Khal, and he would find the one who shared his life and dream, for who else could play with him in this lonely place and create a world entirely their own? The Owl took no heed to this, for he was already growing wise,and knew Hawke's feelings did not mean insult, rather a compliment to how much a part of him the owl was. Hawke lashed the air with his hooves, and then leapt off of the edge without a scrap of fear.

From the owl's feelings he could imagine flught, and fly he did. Thumping of deep bass filled the air as Hawke ascended, head tossed back and mane streaming into the wind. Beneath him the crags and cliffs sped by, the apocalyptic slate awaiting Hawke's creativity, something that always seemed to take a while to kickstart,and usually with the aid of another.

AELIN & HAWKE
I'll be the one to protect you from the other ones. The evil ones.

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

I don’t feel the need for atonement,
Cause we all get our hands dirty when we’re seizing the moment.

This was her world, her realm, where she was the overseer of all. Only she could allow entrance into this land where they bent the rules of reality and made the impossible become possible. Here she was grown, a princess of the sand and blood, decorated in her father's colours and glory. Atop her head stands a crown, it is made of pure sand. Hawke, somewhere he is her. She makes her way through the bleak world her brother had created, choosing to materialise within it first and manipulate it later. The moonlight weaved through her hair, tousling it gently. Only in this plane was she able to be so graceful, elegant and vulnerable. Smiling she paused in her search and looked up at the sky, studying the moon. It needed more. Immediately stars of every shape and colour dotted up the sky, their light shining down upon the princess, her laughter was light being carried away by the wind.

A cry sounded in the distance, followed by the earth rumbling, shaking underneath her pale hooves. "Hawke." A whispered summon, closing her eyes she visualised where her brother was, soaring through the sky, within her mind she saw him slowly begin to crumble away into the wind. The breeze was gentle with her brother, brining him to her side allowing him to rematerialise at her side. Smiling at his change in appearance she moved forward and (should he not move) embraced her brother. "Here." The stars she built up in the sky began to fall, gently, loving onto her brother's back, decorating him head to hoover in beautifully crafted armour. It shone like that stars had, perfect for her most deserving brother. For herself a single wolf's pelt grew up from the grass that tickled their ankles, before vanishing into thin air and then appearing upon her back. Once it was their it began crackling with fire, it would protect her from the heat, and the armour would protect her knight from the swords within the dragon's mouth.

It would be a long journey to the dragon, he was waiting for them in the distance, but even from this distance she could hear it's cries. "Come brother. Let us be heroes." So she set off building their world as she went, a crumbling ruin of rocks that had once been a shrine to the dragon crumbles away, sand gently blowing from the top of it, in the sky the moon turned blood red, colouring everything in differing shades of the colour. Aelin, Hawke and Hades remained their natural colour, protected by the fire dancing along her spine.

As they moves the forest began to grow around them, the trees starting out as a twig of a single blade of grass began to twist and dance as they grew. Everything intertwined, becoming thick, ugly misshapen shapes, the odd branch snagging onto her coat. Yet she could not fail to add beauty to this world, a bright patched of flowers that fought against the moon's grasp and stood out as a bright yellow. A bird somewhere far off sang a beautiful melody, it's tune perfect despite the sad tale the song told. Despite the fact that she could create an entire world, not everything was crisp, odd bits blurred without detail, the soft reminder that this was just a dream and she could not truly hurt herself or her brother. It was a comforting thought, her desire was to have fun, not harm anyone. "What are your dreams like when I don't visit you? How do you see the world then?"

AELIN & HAWKE
My biggest fear is to die not knowing you well.
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Hawke Posts: 26
Hidden Account
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 1.5 Years || Orangemoon
Hades :: Greater Sooty Owl :: None Tribs
Sit on your golden throne and watch this battle from the safety I provide you.

It had been the stars that alerted him to her presence within his dreams. His heart lifted with joy, hearing her laughter on the wind. The stallion-colt did not startle as he disintegrated only to reform beside his twin of body and soul, and as she moved to him he unfurled his wings and bowed his head, pressing his forehead to hers even as his wings curled around her. This was how they were meant to be, adult pegasi of power and beauty unrivaled. Aelin the jewel of the desert, and Hawke the hidden serpent.

Hawke pulled back as she made the stars fall, the gentle weight of armor settling upon his body, gleaming with the light of stars. He took a moment to study it, and refined it to something rougher, darker, to where the metal seemed to suck away light into it's silver falseness. Then it was perfect. Blue eyes turned to his most loved sister, a smirk curling his lips at her more meager defense. What was she planning now...

'Heroes'

Next time he wanted to play villains.

But for now he walked alongside Aelin, shortening his gait with ease to match her, watching with a wonder that would never cease as she wovea tapestry of beauty and imagination that far exceeded his own. "I dream of storms, of being as fiery as the Sun himself. I dream of leading the Throat as Father does, of being as respected as he. I dream that my curse does not exist." He paused for a moment, watching a wilting flower before he lowered his head and breathed upon it, and with a shower of sparks the flower changed to a bird of every color known, it's song filling the air with a beauty that pricked at Hawke's eyes. "But sometimes I dream of beautiful things. Of a lake of solutide, filled with birdsongs and color, of a castle in the middle of the lake that I call my own, where I can be and do whatever is my fancy." Perhaps next dream he would take her there, to his fortress of wonder.

A cry from the dragon had the stud's dark head lifting, nostrils flaring. "But enough of this, it is time for war, precious sister." He flashed her a feral grin before rearing up, bellowing for Owl who swooped in, dark feathers seemig to trail shadows. "I will need someone to watch my back." The owl twisted, landing on the ground even as Hawke shaped his dream, granting the owl a different form.

A horse of long legs and face landed, wings folding along his back. Where a pegasus would have ears he had a feathered crest, and his face was black, save a white mask around his eyes and cheeks, eyes still an utter blackness of an abyss. Feathers covered his body instead of fur, and he moved to Hawke's side, dipping his head as he passed to Aelin. "Come sister! Come soul-brother!" Hawke laughed as he reared once more, and with a powerful shove of his hind legs he launched into the sky, the owl-horse following quickly after, whirring his strange call, his excitement mirroring Hawke's own.

@[Aelin]

"speech"

AELIN & HAWKE
I'll be the one to protect you from the other ones. The evil ones.