the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Energy was endless, entropy and chaos stirred within the mare. Fatigue may have tried to slow her movements, but still they rolled on swift and accurate. Practise and fitness allowed her this, not to mention the arabic blood that leant her stamina and swiftness, and the draft blood that gifted her with a strength that wasn't always apparent. Akaith warbled above her, reacting to the intensities of feelings roiling within the mare. The sweat, the blood, even the tears that burned behind her eyes, sent her mind into a frenzy. The pain from her change, from the strike he made against her barrel pulled upon her fragile mental foundations, wore her down - she had to focus in order to continue.

So she did focus, upon her chosen target. CINEVIAM moves with her, the attempts she made to strike him down lessening in impact as a result. A normal horse would have expressed the sheer rage - Mirage only flicked an ear, and with nothing more evidenced but cool, collectedness, she decided upon her next move. The rage was her energy, the sheer magnitude of it deadly to caress, who knew what damage could be wrought by it. White glistened around the edges of her eyes, a hint to the madness that was barely contained within the pressure of the battle. The yearning, the desire to obtain this land so strong within her now, the determination and sheer want to prove herself worthy to her allies, her kin, her family all pinned now, upon this stallion of ashen properties.

Her forelegs feel nothing but air as they strike for his hindlegs, and with her proximity she feels his bunching muscles prepare for an act that had the potential to leave her worse than just bruised. He backs up to her, and she mimics the action, sitting upon her haunches and reversing, legs scrambling to make her motion even faster than his own. With a snort she realises her left shoulder is still in range to his sharp kick, and as if in slow motion she sees the inevitable unfold. A sharp hoof catches upon the point of her left shoulder and pectoral muscle, the bruising immediate, the swelling likely to set in once the rush of the battle ceased her bodice from moving, and allowed the blood to clot and grossly enlarge the area. Recovery would be a bitch, if they did not win.

Pain shudders down her left foreleg from the impact, while CINEVIAM threw two hooves at her, only one makes contact, the other floating harmlessly off to the great expanse of space to her left. The little shadow continues to try and back up, leaning further on her hind end to relieve the loss of strength and security that foreleg has to offer her now. It is then she sees the wall of smoke encroaching upon her, feels its ashy claws roll over her form, up her legs, into her nostrils and mouth. Had she been a dragon, this would not have troubled her so; smoke and ash were a dragon's diet when one blew flame, but she was a mare, an equine, with lungs sensitive to the by-products of fire, and with the right side of her barrel wincing and causing the coughs to shudder all the more violently, she convulsed and took several moments to expel the choking smoke from her lungs. The tears behind her eyes pooled into greater droplets, a natural response from her own body to protect the orbs that would allow her to watch as her beloved mate entered the fray.

He protected her, took a hit and laid a strike upon her when she most assuredly required him to. That fury and rage ran rampart within her, but it was cooled slightly by the love and gratitude she felt as the dragon-stallion used his body as a battering ram against his opponent. Not a breath after he passed, while CINEVIAM was coming back to the ground from his rear, Mirage surged forth again, bounding straight into a canter, grinding her teeth against the discomfort felt in her left fore. In VIKRAM's wake, the little shadow meant to use CINEVIAM's shifted centre of balance against him, knock him down to the ground with her right shoulder, and pound him with her legs, notably her right foreleg, given her left side was incapacitated. With the injuries she had sustained thus far, however, her attack was less than it could have been had she been unharmed, but with the weakness of CINEVIAM's position, she might have the advantage. Should her attempt fail, the mare would not make the same mistake twice, and would simply continue cantering onwards, several metres away from the dappled steed, to wait and see what would come.

[798 words.
Summary:
Mirage feels CINEVIAM backing up to her and does the same, attempting to move quicker to lessen the impact. Her attempt to dodge half-works, but she still take a hit upon her left pectoral muscle/point of shoulder area on her chest. This causes her left foreleg to be considerably weaker.She keeps trying to back up, but cannot escape the cloud of smoke he sends out to her, and coughs violently because of it, taking a moment longer to recover due to the aching in her ribs from his previous attack.
She sees VIKRAM enter the fray, and in his wake, she canters forth and tries to knock CINEVIAM over while he is just coming down from his rearing attack against Vikram.]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Lucius - 09-27-2012, 08:46 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Jaydan - 09-27-2012, 05:45 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Mirage - 09-28-2012, 01:19 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Aurelius - 09-28-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Lloyd - 09-28-2012, 10:13 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Monster - 09-29-2012, 09:05 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Ned - 09-29-2012, 02:59 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Korra - 09-29-2012, 04:31 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Giselle - 09-29-2012, 05:40 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Cineviam - 09-29-2012, 08:18 PM