the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR]

Madyrn Maskan Posts: 87
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 16
Whit
[ OOC: My apologies regarding Azzuen's misconception of Lace being hit after he had laid his attack. I misread when I was backreading. ]

Three against one suited Maskan perfectly. He was all for fair fighting, but all was fair in love and war. And Maskan, well, he loved war. He feels KIARA come to his side, welcomes her presence, adjust his own attacks as she does so. Satisfied, at least minimally by the taste of her sweaty fur between his teeth, he does wish that she had fallen over, so that he could have pounded her properly to a pulp. Never mind, he would cope with what he was given. The personal to-and-fro's between the mares KIARA and ALAN are ignored by the brute, his ears lay plastered beneath his thick mane, his focus upon the bay unicorn who seemed determined to give her all against the painted palomino TORASIN. Maskan pulls back just as ALAN lunges at KIARA with her dull teeth. He moved carefully around to her left as TORASIN peeled away from them, and as a consequence to this decision, Maskan felt the kick that was meant for TORASIN from ALAN. It landed upon his right pectoral, his right foreleg felt sharp, jolting pains fly down it - he was quite lame.

He was momentarily stilled in his motions by the attack that was meant for TORASIN, eyes watching the unicorn mare try and ram her way through the smaller roan belle, KIARA. With what one could only describe as an equine snarl upon his face, he chomped his teeth together with a sharp snapping sound and made to move after her. He jumped straight into a canter, it was unsteady, uneven, but held more momentum than a trot. He approached the mare's left side, angled from behind, but kept out of range of those pesky, powerful hindquarters of hers until the last moment. Lancing out with his flashing teeth, he aimed for the soft, tender flesh of her flank, just where the fur whorled and stretched behind the curve of her ribs and the movement of her stifle. If he was lucky, he might be able to grab a firm hold upon her skin, and pull at it until it ripped open. The stallion wanted blood.

Madyrn was faring less well than his brother. He was being hunted, the predator had turned into prey, the crippled mouse weakly limping before a maniac, grinning cat. It was all he could do to focus upon putting some distance between himself and the monster, the demonic drinker of souls DEIMOS who was so keen destroy his flame. Sculpted ears laid low to his skull, not completely in annoyance, but largely with fatigue, and tried to focus, the clear his head.

But that was half the problem. Madyrn was used to fighting with nothing but a cloud of rage and fury blurring his vision, it was his method, his prerogative as a warrior. Teeth clenched within his jaw, and he fed his anger more, fed his rage, and used it to build up enough energy to face this demon. A bellow echoed from his lungs as he felt the horn pierce his left hind leg, an angry trumpet, mocking his own weakness, furiously opposing the attempts of the stallion to weaken him further. He is falling apart, his right elbow sears with the burn of hot blood dribbling down it, the right side of his haunches feel weak and throb with each stride, and now his left leg gains a laceration, a slice of flapping skin bouncing against flesh and bloody muscle, rendering his stride at best, choppy, slow, and unsteady.

He turns to the left now, unwittingly bracing himself for the flurry of feathers that is JAYDAN. He backs up now, hopping tenderly from one foot to the other, as the scramble of DEIMOS and JAYDAN unfolds. JAYDAN is off again, after a unique attack that only one with wings could ever hope to accomplish, and Madyrn was left facing his demon once more. But Madyrn had several moments with which to compose himself - or rather, allow his rage to build further within him - and surged forth again, prepared for the onslaught of fatigue nearness to this stallion would cause him, and so he attempted an attack that utilised gravity just as much as his own strength. It was a poor choice, he would later reflect, given the weakness of his hindquarters, but still, he leaned back and reared, striking out with his left foreleg to hit the grey DEIMOS on the right side of his nape, flailing with his right one but unable to direct it accurately towards a target.

[761 words.

Summary:
Maskan pulls back as ALAN and KIARA go at each other a bit -> swerves around ALAN and takes the kick she intended for TORASIN on the right side of his chest -> charges after her and aims a bite for her left flank.

Madyrn allows his anger to build up and rally against the affects of DEIMOS' presence -> he gets lanced by DEIMOS' horn on his left hindquarter, but misses the shoulder ram thanks to JAYDAN's distraction -> he turns back to DEIMOS and weakly attempts to rear and strike him, mostly using his left foreleg as his right is quite useless, along with his whole backend! ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Lucius - 09-27-2012, 08:46 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Jaydan - 09-27-2012, 05:45 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Aurelius - 09-28-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Madyrn Maskan - 09-28-2012, 07:34 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Lloyd - 09-28-2012, 10:13 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Monster - 09-29-2012, 09:05 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Ned - 09-29-2012, 02:59 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Korra - 09-29-2012, 04:31 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Giselle - 09-29-2012, 05:40 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND FOUR] - by Cineviam - 09-29-2012, 08:18 PM